Updated: May 25, 2018:
JD Supra is a legal publishing service that connects experts and their content with a wider audience of professionals, journalists and associations.
Please note that if you subscribe to one of our Services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center under “My account“dashboard (available if you log in to your Supra JD account).
registration information. When you register with JD Supra for our Website and Services, either as a writer or as a customer, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra account (“Registration Data“), as:
- First name
- Family name
- Company name
- industrial company
Other information: We also collect other information that you provide voluntarily. This may include content that you provide for publication. We can also receive your communication with others through our Website and Services (such as contacting the author through our Website) or direct communication with us (such as via email, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a subscribed user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the type of article you want to read.
Information from third parties (such as from your boss or LinkedIn): We can also receive information about you from third-party sources. For example, your employer can provide us with your information, such as in connection with an article sent by your company to be published. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we also collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile.
How do we use this information?
We use the information and data we collect primarily to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we can use your personal information to:
- Operate our Website and Services and publish content;
- Share content with you according to your preferences and also to give you other notifications (for example, updates on our policies and conditions);
- Measuring the number of readers and use of the Website and Services;
- Communicate with you about your questions and requests;
- User authentication and to provide the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conducting research and similar activities to improve our Website and Services; and
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to uphold our rights.
How is your information shared?
- Content and other public information (such as the author’s profile) are shared on our Website and Services, including through e-mail digest and social media feeds, and can be accessed by the general public.
- If you choose to use our Website and Services to communicate directly with companies or individuals, those communications can be shared accordingly.
- Reader information is provided to law firms publishers and content writers to give them insight about their readers and to help them improve their content.
- Your information can also be shared with parties who support our business, such as professional advisors and web hosting providers, analytics providers, and other information technology providers.
- Courts, government authorities, law enforcement agencies or any third party we believe disclosure is required to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or to protect our rights, personal safety rights of any third party or individual, or to detect, prevent , or address fraud, security or safety issues.
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with sales, assignments or other transfers from our company or our business.
How We Protect Your Information
JD Supra takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to ensure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We limit access to user information to people who naturally need access to perform their job functions, such as third-party email services, customer service staff, and our technical staff. You must remember that no Internet transmission is 100% safe or error free. Where you use your login credentials (username, password) on our website, please remember that you are responsible for maintaining it. If you believe that your login credentials have been compromised, please contact us at [email protected].
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and / or Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will try to delete that information from our database.
Links to Other Websites
Our website and services may contain links to other websites. These other website operators may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you use our Website or Service and click on a link to another site, you will leave our Website and this Policy will not apply to your use and activities on these other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on these sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the collection of data and the practice of using these other sites. This policy only applies to information collected in connection with your use of our Website and Services and does not apply to any practice carried out offline or in connection with any other website.
Information for EU and Swiss Citizens
JD Supra’s main place of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our website, you expressly agree that your information is being processed in the United States.
- Your rights
- Right of Access / Portability: You can ask to review details about the information we have about you and how the information is used and disclosed. Note that we can request to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information be given to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to Correct Information: You can ask us to make corrections to the information we have, if you believe that such a correction is needed.
- The Right to Limit Our Processing or Deletion of Information: You also have the right under certain circumstances to ask us to limit the processing of your personal information or delete your personal information. If you agree to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request to use one of these rights by sending us an email at [email protected] or by writing to us at:
JD Supra, LLC
10 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 300
Sausalito, California 94965
You can also manage your profile and subscription through our Privacy Center under “My account“dashboard.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. However, there may be times when we cannot fulfill your request, for example, if applicable law prohibits our compliance. Please note that JD Supra does not use “automatic decision making” or “profiles” because these terms are defined in GDPR.
- Subsequent Transfers to Third Parties: As mentioned in the “How We Share Your Data” section above, JD Supra can share your information with third parties. When JD Supra discloses your personal information to third parties, we have confirmed that the third party has been certified under EU-U.S. or the Swiss Privacy Shield Framework and will process all personal data received from EU / Switzerland member countries by relying on the applicable Privacy Shield Framework or that they have been subject to strict contractual provisions in their contracts with us to guarantee an adequate level of data protection for your data.
California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers who are California residents have the right to request certain information about the disclosure of our personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You can request this information by sending us an email at [email protected] or by writing to us at:
JD Supra, LLC
10 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 300
Sausalito, California 94965
Some browsers have included the Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send signals that you prefer the websites you visit not to collect and use data about your online search and search activities. Because there is not yet a general understanding of how to interpret DNT signals, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on our site.
Access / Correction / Update / Delete Personal Information
For non-EU / Swiss residents, if you want to find out what personal information we have about you, you can send an email to [email protected]. We will contact you (by mail or other) to verify your identity and provide you with the information you have requested. We will respond within 30 days of your request for access to your personal information. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information, in this case we will let you know if we cannot do it and why. If you want to correct or update your personal information, you can manage your profile and subscription through our Privacy Center under “My account“dashboard. If you want to delete your account or delete your information from our Website and Services, send an email to [email protected].
Contact JD Supra
Like many websites, the JD Supra website (located on Jl www.jdsupra.com) (us “Website“) and our services (such as the digest of our email articles) (we”Services“) uses a standard technology called” cookies “and other similar technologies (such as pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser every time You interact with our Website and Services.
- Improve user experience on our Website and Services;
- Save the authorization token that users receive when they enter the private area of our website. This token is specific to user login sessions and requires a valid username and password to get it. Required to access user profile, subscription and analytic information;
- Track usage of anonymous sites; and
- Allow connectivity with social media networks to allow sharing of content.
There are various types of cookies and other technologies that use our Website, especially:
- “Session cookie“- This cookie only lasts for your online session, and disappears from your computer or device when you close your browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- “Persistent cookies“- These cookies remain on your computer or device after your browser is closed and last for the time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one search session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for your next visit.
- “Web Beacon / Pixels“- Some of our web pages and emails may also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, clear GIFs or one-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on web pages or e-mails and usually work together with cookies to collect data. We use these images are to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who have visited web pages or acted on one of our email digesters.
JD Supra Cookies. We place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you when you use our Website and Services. For example, we place session cookies on your computer every time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to log in to your customer’s account. In addition, through this cookie we can collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you might use, your IP address, and the URL address that you came from after visiting our Website and the URL that you visit next (even if the URL it is not on our Website). We also use e-mail web beacons to monitor whether our e-mail is sent and read. We also use these tools to help provide reader analytics to our writers to give them insight into their readers and help them to improve their content, so this is very useful for our users.
Analysis / Performance Cookies. JD Supra also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services and how visitors use our Website and Services:
- HubSpot – For more information about HubSpot cookies, please visit legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- New Relics – For more information about the New Relic cookie, please visit www.newrelic.com/privacy.
- Google Analytics – For more information about Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics on all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This allows you to download and install the Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Facebook, Twitter and other Social Network Cookies. Our content page allows you to share content that appears on our Website and Services to your social media accounts via “Likes,” “Tweets,” or similar buttons displayed on that page. To achieve this service, we embed codes provided by these third-party social networks that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged into your social network account and therefore the social network can also find out that you are viewing the JD Supra Website.
Control and delete cookies
The process for controlling and deleting cookies varies depending on the browser you are using. To find out how to do it with a particular browser, you can use the browser’s “Help” function or, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step by step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
Update for this Policy
Contact JD Supra
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]