Our privacy commitment
This privacy statement does not cover the activities of third parties, and you must consult the privacy policies of these third party sites for information about how your data is used by them.
Any questions about this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected] or by writing to Data Protection Officers at, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd, 4 Hillgate Place, London, SW12 9ER, England. Or, you can call our London headquarters at +44 (0) 20 8673 9666.
Who are we?
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in London and Singapore, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd is the world’s leading financial trading and trading media company, which offers information, news, events and services for companies and individuals involved in global trade.
Our main business activities are:
- Business-to-Business financial issues. We provide a variety of products and services that focus on international commodities, exports, supply chains, and trade financial markets including magazines, newsletters, information and electronic data
- Organizers of seminars, conferences, training courses and exhibitions for the financial industry
Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd is a company registered in the UK with company number 4407327 | VAT registration: 799 1585 59
Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions in which we can disclose it to others and how we maintain its security.
Why do we collect information from you?
Our main goal in collecting personal data from you is to provide you with a pleasant special experience while allowing us to provide services and features that will meet your needs.
We collect certain personal data from you, which you provide to us when using our Site and / or register or subscribe for our products and services. However, we also give you the option to access our Site homepage without subscribing or registering or revealing your personal data.
We also collect certain personal data from other group companies to whom you have provided information through their website (including, for example, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd and its subsidiaries, in accordance with the objectives listed below). If we find that personal data has been sent to any Site, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Why does this policy exist?
This Data Protection Policy ensures Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd:
- Comply with data protection laws and follow good practices
- Protect the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Be open about how to store and process individual data
- own excuse of the risk of data breach
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy.
Data protection law
The Data Protection Act 1998 explains how organizations – including Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd – must collect, handle and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or in other materials. To comply with the law, personal information collected must be stored securely, not illegally disclosed and used fairly.
The Data Protection Act is supported by eight important principles. This says that personal data must:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Obtained only for specific and legitimate purposes
- Quite adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and always up-to-date
- Not held longer than necessary
- Processed according to subject data rights
- Protected in the right way
- Cannot be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless the country of that region also ensures an adequate level of protection
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, when you register for an event, register to receive eNewsletters, subscribe or register for a trial in our GTR magazine / website.
Types of Personal Data Owned and Used
1 Customer Service and Administration
On some sites, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd collects personal data such as your name, title, department, company, email, telephone, office and / or home address, to register you to access content, subscriptions, and events. In addition, we also can store information including IP address and page analysis, including information about what pages are accessed, by whom and when.
This information is used to manage and send you the products and / or services you have requested, to operate our Site efficiently and to improve our services to you, and to keep records of our business transactions and communications. By using the Site and submitting personal information through the registration process, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site’s services and developing our business, which will include (without limitation) purposes which is explained in the paragraphs below.
2 Monitoring the use of our Site
Where, as part of our Site services, we allow you to send information or materials on our Site, we can access and monitor information that you upload or input, including in a password protected section. Subject to the necessary approvals, we also monitor and / or record the various sites that you visit and the actions taken on those sites, e.g. content seen or searched for. If you are a registered user (e.g. customer or conducting a trial), when you log in, this places a cookie on your machine. This allows you access to the content and services
not publicly available. After you sign in, the actions you take – for example, viewing articles – will be recorded (subject to the approval required). We can use technology or service providers to do this for us. This information can be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfill our obligations to you;
- to improve the efficiency, quality and design of our Site and services;
- to see which articles, features, and services are the most read and used
- to track compliance with our terms and conditions of use, e.g. to ensure that you act within the scope of your user license;
- for marketing purposes (subject to your right to participate and not receive certain marketing communications) – see paragraph 3 below;
- for advertising purposes, even if the information used for this purpose does not personally identify you. Please see paragraph 5 below for more details;
- to protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations; and
- to enable our journalists to contact and interact with you online in connection with any content that you post on our Site.
Please see paragraph 5 below for more information about cookies and similar technologies and links to pages where you can turn them on or off.
Some of your personal data collected under paragraphs 1 and 2 above can be used by us to contact you by email, telephone and / or post to send information or promotional material about our products and / or services and / or our other corporate data group. We give you the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing communications. Further details can be found on the applicable Site and at the bottom of every marketing communication sent by us, our group companies or service providers. See also the “Approval and Rejection” section below. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
4. Profile creation
We can analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
5. Cookies and similar technologies
What are cookies?
When you enter several sites, your computer will be given a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to the server. The cookie itself does not identify an individual user, only the computer is used.
Many sites do this every time a user visits their site to track traffic, record areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long.
Users have the opportunity to set their computer to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to accept cookies at any time. Choosing not to accept means that certain personalized services offered by Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd cannot be provided to these users.
- Log In – Where we provide a log in mechanism for site users, cookies are created at login and during the session. Each cookie only contains a unique reference number (no personal information) that is used to confirm that you are authorized.
Find and control your cookies
All major browser providers offer advice on setting and using privacy and security functions for their products. If you need technical advice or support for a particular browser / version, please contact the provider or visit their website for further details:
www.microsoft.com / www.mozilla.com / www.apple.com
/ www.opera.com / www.aol.com / www.netscape.com
/ www.flock.com / www.google.com
- remember that you have used this Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site. This allows us to ensure that we have enough capacity for the number of users we get and ensure that the Site runs fast enough
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another on the Site;
- save your preferences or your username and password so that you don’t have to enter these details every time you visit the Site;
- adjust the layout elements and / or content of the Site pages for you;
- recording activity on our Site so that we understand how you use our Site which allows us to better customize our content, services and marketing according to your needs;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site; and
- collect information about the pages on the Site you visit, and other information about other websites that you visit, thus placing you in the “market segment”. This information is only collected by referring to the IP address that you are using, but does not include information about the district and city where you are, together with the name of your internet service provider.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you want, you can change your browser to prevent it, or notify you every time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes useful additional information about cookies and how to block cookies using various types of browsers. Please note that by blocking, deleting, or turning off cookies that are used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
6. Tracking email
Email tracking is a method for monitoring email delivery to customers who have chosen to receive marketing emails from GTR, including African GTR, GTR Asia, American GTR, American GTR, European GTR, Mena GTR, GTR eNews, third-party Email and GTR Ventures.
Why do we track e-mails?
So we can better understand the needs of our users, we track responses, subscription behavior, and engagement to our emails – for example, to see which links are most popular in the bulletin. They allow us to understand consumer travel through metrics including open rates, clickthrough rates, bounces, and unsubscribe. Any other purpose that Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd wants to use your personal data will be notified to you and your personal data will not be used for that purpose without your prior consent.
How do you track GTR eNewsletters?
To do this, we use GIF pixels, also known as “pixel tags” – these are small image files placed in the body of our e-mail messages. When the image is downloaded from our web server, e-mail is recorded when opened. By using some form of digital time stamp to reveal the exact time and date an email was received or opened, and also the IP address of the recipient.
7. Approval and rejection
You can give your consent to opt-out of all or specific uses of your data as indicated above by:
- Indicates at the relevant point on the Site where personal data is collected
- Notify us by email, post or telephone
- Update your preferences on the Site or applicable eNewsletter (unsubscribe and preference options are available at the bottom of each eNewsletter)
To turn on and turn off cookies and similar technologies, see the information in paragraph 5 above.
Any questions regarding approval and rejection should be sent via email to [email protected] or by writing to the Data Protection Officer at, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd, 4 Hillgate Place, London, SW12 9ER, England. Or, you can call our London headquarters at +44 (0) 20 8673 9666.
Information collected on one Site can be shared between Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd and other group companies for the purposes listed above.
We may transfer, sell, or transfer the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets, or reorganization of our business.
9. Public forums, message boards and blogs
Some of our Sites may have message boards, blogs or other facilities for user-generated content that are available and users can participate in this facility. Any information disclosed in this field becomes public information and you must always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
10. Data outside the EEA
Services on the Internet can be accessed globally so the collection and transmission of personal data is not always limited to one country. Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd may transfer your personal data, for the purposes listed above to other third parties, which may be located outside the European Economic Area and / or with different levels of personal data protection. However, when making a transfer, we take all steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated fairly, safely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Who has access to your information?
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Data
We are committed to maintaining the security of the data that you provide to us and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration.
However, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. After we receive your information, we will use the strict procedures and security features described above to prevent unauthorized access.
We have implemented information security policies, regulations and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorized access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorized modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees, contractors and data processors (ie those who process your personal data on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with processing your personal data, are required to maintain the confidentiality of that information and not use it for purposes other than to perform the services they provide for us.
Everyone who works for or with Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd has the responsibility to ensure that data is collected, stored and handled appropriately. Every team that handles personal data must ensure that it is handled and processed in accordance with these data protection policies and principles. However, the following people have key areas of responsibility.
The board of directors is ultimately responsible for ensuring that Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd fulfills its legal obligations.
Data Controller Name
Data Controller is Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd. Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd is subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered in the UK with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
How to access, update and delete your personal information
- By writing to this address: Data Protection Officer, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd, 4 Hillgate Place, London, SW12 9ER, UK
- Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8673 9666
- E-mail: [email protected]
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the readable personal data that we hold about you. We may require proof of your identity and may charge a small fee (not exceeding the maximum cost under the law that can be charged) to close administration and shipping.
Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd allows you to challenge the data we have about you and, if necessary in accordance with applicable law, you may have your personal information:
- repaired or changed
Data disclosure for other reasons
In certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. In this case, Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd, will disclose the requested data. However, Data Controller will ensure that the request is legitimate, seeking help from the board and from the company’s legal counsel if necessary.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect new laws or industry practices, changes in group companies, and customer feedback. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically for information about how we protect your personal data.
Exporta Publishing & Events Ltd aims to ensure that individuals are aware that their data is being processed, and they understand.
- How data is used
- How to exercise their rights
For this purpose, the company has a privacy statement, which defines how data relating to individuals is used by the company. It is available on request and is available on the company’s website.
Review this policy
We maintain this Policy under regular reviews. This Privacy Statement was last updated in April 2018.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]