ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (FO) convened on Saturday the Indian Business Manager Gaurav Ahluwalia to register a strong protest over the last violation of the ceasefire by the Indian occupation forces along the restless control line in the Chirikot sector, ARY News reported.
“Due to the shooting not caused by Indian forces, an innocent citizen, namely Mir Muhammad, embraced martyrdom while a woman was injured,” said the FO.
The Director General of South Asia and SAARC Zahid Hafeez Chaudhry condemned the attacks against innocent civilians by Indian forces.
He stressed that such meaningless Indian acts are a clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding and a total disregard for international human rights and international standards. He said such acts are a threat to regional peace and security.
The Director General asked the Indian side to respect the Ceasefire Understanding; investigate this and other incidents of deliberate violations of the ceasefire and maintain peace in the LoC and the work limit.
Read more: Martyred citizen, another injured by ceasefire violation by India: ISPR
Early in the day, one citizen was martyred while another suffered injuries after Indian troops had resorted to a ceasefire violation not caused in the Chirikot sector along the Control Line (LoC).
According to a press release issued by public relations between services (ISPR), Indian troops had attacked the civilian population with heavy artillery and mortar shells.
As a result of the blatant rape, an innocent citizen, namely Mir Muhammad, had embraced martyrdom while a woman had been injured and was transferred to the nearest medical center.