Emergency declared in border areas after coronavirus death in Iran

QUETTA: The spread of a new coronavirus in Iran that reported a fifth death today has posed a threat of transmission of the deadly disease in Pakistan, forcing the Balochistan government to declare a health emergency in border areas.

A spokesman for the Balochistan government said an emergency center was established at the Taftan border crossing with Iran with doctors published to evaluate Zaireen coming from the neighboring country.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Jam Kamal Alyani had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister Imran Khan and his Special Assistant on National Health Services, Dr. Zafar Mirza, to discuss measures to address the threat of the virus.

In a tweet, the prime minister said the government has been taking all precautionary measures since day one to prevent the epidemic from spreading to the province. He said a dedicated cell with vigilant teams was established to monitor the situation.

Read more: More cases of coronavirus in Qom of Iran after two deaths

Earlier today, the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister for National Health Services, Dr. Zafar Mirza, said well-trained staff is present in Taftan and other border crossings to detect all passengers crossing into Pakistan from neighboring countries.

In a statement, he said that all passengers are being examined before entering the country.

He added that all recommendations under the International Health Regulations (RSI) are being implemented in letter and spirit.

Read more: Government says passengers are being examined at the border crossing with Iran

Dr. Zafar Mirza said that so far no case of the deadly virus has come to light in the country.

The special assistant said the government is ready to face any eventuality.

Comments

comments

IMAGE CREDITS | HERE

The DRAP work group seizes 714 stocks of drugs in three months

ISLAMABAD: The National Task Force of the Pakistan Drug Regulatory Authority (DRAP) recorded up to 5,072 violations of the DRAP Law of 2012 and the Drug Law of 1976, seizing 714 drug stocks across the country during several violations in the Last three months.

The working group has conducted 3,169 inspections in the last three months as several sites were inspected and a total of 5,072 violations of the DRAP Act of 2012 and the Drug Law of 1976 were recorded.

The NTF on spurious, substandard and overrated medicine was established in October of last year following the instructions of Dr. Zafar Mirza of SAPM. It consisted of federal and provincial drug inspectors who took strong measures against counterfeit and counterfeit medicine throughout the country.

A total of 243 permits were granted to present FIRs against the guilty parties. Stocks of 714 medications were seized for quality and safety reasons under the DRAP Act of 2012 and the respective drug sales regulations of the provinces.

In this short period, a total of 55 cases of drugs were registered below the standard, 237 cases of unregistered medicines and 18 cases of sale of medicines at excessive prices. It was a well-coordinated effort to curb the threat of unregistered, spurious and low quality medicine and eliminate the market for harmful drugs and contraband.

Dr. Zafar Mirza, showing satisfaction for NTF’s performance: “we are committed to providing quality and safe medications to people.”

He made it clear that any element involved in the sale of expensive and low quality medicines will be treated in accordance with the law, since the protection of public health is our main objective here.

Comments

comments

IMAGE CREDITS | HERE

‘Passengers being examined at the border crossing with Iran’

ISLAMABAD: To block the possible transmission of a new coronavirus in the country from Iran, where several cases of the deadly disease have arisen, the special assistant to the Prime Minister of National Health Services, Dr. Zafar Mirza, said Saturday that staff Well trained is present in Taftan and other border crossings to detect all passengers crossing into Pakistan.

In a statement, he said that all passengers are being examined before entering the country.

He added that all recommendations under the International Health Regulations (RSI) are being implemented in letter and spirit.

Dr. Zafar Mirza said that so far no case of the deadly virus has come to light in the country.

The special assistant said the government is ready to face any eventuality.

It is noteworthy here that hundreds of people cross the border between Pakistan and Iran through the Taftan crossing daily.

However, according to sources, there were no personnel at this border crossing to detect the virus in people.

Read more: More cases of coronavirus in Qom of Iran after two deaths

Iranian health authorities reported five deaths in the country from the outbreak of coronavirus that began in China. Wuhan city. Another 18 people have tested positive for the virus in Iran.

The outbreak in Iran began in the city of Qom, a popular religious destination. The health ministry official, Minou Mohrez, warned that it has since extended to several cities, including the capital, Tehran, the official IRNA news agency said.

The Central Health Establishment faces a shortage of personnel to monitor the movement, since its personnel must be deployed at the airport and at the border crossing.

Read more: The coronavirus is likely to cross into Pakistan from the border with Iran: sources

Staff are being recruited for deployment at the borders of Taftan and Torkham, according to sources. Staff will be deployed after the completion of the recruitment process, sources from the Ministry of Health said.

According to sources, federal hospital staff has been sent to Islamabad airport.

Comments

comments

IMAGE CREDITS | HERE

Symptomless woman infects five relatives with coronavirus

A 20-year-old Chinese woman from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, traveled 400 miles (675 km) north to Anyang, where he infected five relatives, showing no signs of infection, Chinese scientists reported Friday, offering new evidence. that the virus can be transmitted asymptomatically.

The case study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, offered clues about how the coronavirus is spreading and suggested why it can be difficult to stop it.

“Have scientists been asking if you can have this infection and not be sick? Apparently, the answer is yes, “said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, who was not involved in the study.

China has reported a total of 75,567 cases of the virus known as COVID-19 to the World Health Organization (WHO), including 2,239 deaths, and the virus has already spread to 26 countries and territories outside of mainland China.

Researchers have reported sporadic cases of people without any symptoms that spread the virus. The different thing in this study is that it offers a kind of natural laboratory experiment, Schaffner said.

“You had this Wuhan patient where the virus is, traveling to where the virus was not. She remained asymptomatic and infected a group of family members and you had a group of doctors who immediately seized the moment and evaluated everyone. “

According to Dr. Meiyun Wang’s report from the Zhengzhou University People’s Hospital and colleagues, the woman traveled from Wuhan to Anyang on January 10 and visited several relatives. When they began to get sick, doctors isolated the woman and examined her for coronavirus. Initially, the girl was negative for the virus, but a follow-up test was positive.

Her five relatives developed pneumonia due to COVID-19, but as of February 11, the girl had not yet developed any symptoms, her chest CT remained normal and she had no fever, stomach or respiratory symptoms, such as cough or sore throat. .

The scientists in the study said that if the findings are replicated, “prevention of COVID-19 infection could be a challenge.”

The key questions now, Schaffner said, are how often this type of transmission occurs and when, during the asymptomatic period, a person is positive for the virus.

Comments

comments

IMAGE CREDITS | HERE

The window of opportunity narrows, says the head of WHO

GENEVA: The Director General of the World Health Organization, commenting on the outbreak of coronavirus, said “the window of opportunity is shrinking, so we must act quickly before it closes completely.”

“This outbreak could go in any direction,” said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. “If we do it right, we can avoid any serious crisis, but if we waste the opportunity we will have a serious problem in our hands.”

The increase in cases in the Middle East and Italy reported his first death, a 78-year-old man, as the outbreak reported in various parts of the world.

Italy had previously identified 16 new cases, and the northern authorities ordered the closure of schools, bars and other public places in 10 cities. More than 50,000 people have been asked to stay at home, while all public activities, such as church masses and sporting events, have been banned for up to a week.

Iranian health authorities reported two deaths on Friday, according to the Mehr news agency, who joined the two elderly patients who died on Wednesday. Another 14 people tested positive for the virus.

The outbreak in Iran began in the city of Qom, a popular religious destination. The health ministry official, Minou Mohrez, warned that it has since extended to several cities, including the capital, Tehran, the official IRNA news agency said.

“It is possible that it exists in all the cities of Iran,” he said, adding that the source of the virus was probably a Chinese worker in Qom.

The threat posed is especially worrisome in Iran after several years of tightening US sanctions by the Trump administration that have dangerously undermined the national health care system.

To avoid infections, neighboring Iraq closed its land crossings with Iran.

In Ukraine, protesters on Thursday attacked buses carrying 45 Ukrainians and another 27 evacuees from the Chinese province of Wuhan, the center of the virus, to the small town of Novi Sanzhary, fearing they could be a health hazard.

The Ukrainian government has planned to quarantine people in a sanatorium for two weeks. In an attempt to calm the protesters, the health minister, Zoryana Skaletska, promised to spend the next two weeks in the same sanatorium.

Comments

comments

.

IMAGE CREDITS | HERE

Coronavirus spreads in prisons in China

BEIJING / SEOUL: The coronavirus has infected hundreds of people in Chinese prisons, authorities said, as cases increased outside the epicenter in Hubei province, including 100 more in South Korea and an increasingly serious outbreak in Italy, where officials announced the country’s first death.

A total of 234 infections among Chinese prisoners outside Hubei ended 16 consecutive days of declines in cases in the new continent. Another 271 cases were reported in Hubei prisons, where the virus first appeared in December in its now closed capital, Wuhan.

US stocks were sold and the Nasdaq had its worst daily percentage drop in approximately three weeks on Friday, as the increase in new cases of coronavirus and data showing a stagnation in US commercial activity in February fueled fears of investors about economic growth.

China has reported a total of 75,567 cases of the virus to the World Health Organization (WHO), including 2,239 deaths. In the last 24 hours, China reported 892 new confirmed cases and 118 deaths.

The purchasing managers index of the IHS Markit flash services sector has fallen to its lowest level since October 2013, indicating that a sector representing approximately two thirds of the US economy. UU. I was in contraction for the first time since 2016.

The data also showed that Japan’s manufacturing activity suffered its biggest contraction in seven years in February, which underscores the risk of a recession there as the impact of the outbreak extends. Asian and European stocks also fell.

WHO warned that the window of opportunity to contain the international spread of the epidemic was closing after cases were reported in Iran and Lebanon.

The virus has emerged in 26 countries and territories outside of mainland China, killing 11 people, according to a Reuters count.

SOUTH KOREA HOT SPOT

The increase in cases in prisons in northern Shandong and Zhejiang province in the east accounted for the majority of the 258 Chinese infections recently confirmed outside Hubei province on Friday.

Authorities said officials deemed responsible for the outbreaks had been dismissed and that the government had sent a team to investigate the Shandong outbreak, media reported.

Hubei, added to the confusion in the notification of cases, doubled the number of new cases initially reported on Wednesday to 775 of 349. The lowest number was the result of re-counting only the cases confirmed with genetic tests, instead of include those detected by the chest scans

South Korea is the last hot spot with 100 new cases that double its total to 204, mostly in Daegu, a city of 2.5 million, where scores were infected in what authorities called a “super extended event” in a church, tracked an infected 61-year-old woman who attended services.

South Korean officials designated Daegu and neighboring Cheongdo County as special care areas where additional medical personnel and isolation facilities will be deployed. The city’s shopping centers, restaurants and streets were largely empty, and the mayor called the outbreak “unprecedented crisis.”

Comments

comments

.

IMAGE CREDITS | HERE