COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio state’s No. 10 men’s hockey team starts its home list with two games vs. Michigan State this weekend. The two teams will meet on Saturday and Sunday at 5:30 pm at Value City Arena. The game will broadcast via BTN Plus ($) and on radio in 1460 and online on OhioStateBuckeyes.com, with Herb Howenstine and ex-Buckeye Brendon Kearney calling for action for Ohio State Radio. There will be no spectators this weekend or at any of the Buckeyes home games in 2020.
Buckeye’s Notes You Need to Know
- The Buckeyes started their season with two defeats in Minnesota Monday and Tuesday, losing the game 4-1 and 2-0. Michigan State is 1-0-1 after drawing 1-1 OT and winning 2-0 vs Arizona State 19-20 November.
- Ohio State 4-0-0 vs Michigan State last season, sweeping the draw in Columbus Nov. 30-December. 1, 2019 and two games at East Lansing February 21-22.
- Sophomores Matt Cassidy, Mark Cheremeta and Dominic Vidoli, and freshmen Joe Dunlap, Patrick Guzzo, Evan McIntyre and Travis Treloar all watched their first game play for the Buckeyes in the series in Minnesota.
- The series vs. Michigan State marks two of the first six home games for the Buckeyes before the end of 2020. The Buckeyes were 11-3-4 overall at home last season.
- The State of Ohio has been in the top 15 of USCHO and USA Today / USA Hockey Magazine polls since November 27, 2017. Squad started its No. 10 in both polls.
- The State of Ohio has recorded at least 20 wins in each of the past four years. The squad is reaching the NCAA Tournament three years in a row and bracing for a record fourth consecutive program when the 2019-20 season ends.
- Tommy Nappier, a Pre-season Top Ten choice, is entering his second senior season among NCAA goalkeepers active in career save percentage, with a Buckeye program-best of 0.934.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]