The Food Establishment Inspection Report is a weekly report that appears on Sundays. Information is taken from reports provided by the Department of Environmental Health, and individual reports can be viewed on its website, http://amarillo.gov/departments/community-services/environmental-health/food-inspections. A numerical scoring system is now being used, with a score of 100 points equivalent to zero demerits.
100 points – No major violations at the time of inspection
85 points – Considered an average score
70 points or below – Requires a double check within 24 hours
COS – Repaired on site during inspection
These points correspond to the following letter values:
A – 90 to 100
B – 80 to 89
C – 70 to 79
F – 69 and below
The following companies have an A / 100 score during routine inspections:
• Carrie Cake, 2128 S. Grand St.
• Petro Stopping Center Travel Shop, 8500 E. I-40.
• Pizza Hut, 7000 E. I-40.
• Purple Flamingo Pops – Bike, 2606 Wolflin Ave.
• Pops – Flamingo Flamingo Trailer, 2606 Wolflin Ave.
• Increase Canes, 4200 S. Coulter St.
• Sam’s Club Bakery # 8279, 2201 Ross Osage Drive.
• Sam’s Club Deli # 8279, 2201 Ross Osage Drive.
• Sam’s Club Meat & Seafood # 8279, 2201 Ross Osage Drive.
• Sushi Box SC8279, 2201 Ross Osage Drive.
• Walgreens # 13010, 2205 S.E. 34th Ave.
The following companies have an A / 100 score during the follow-up inspection:
• Target Shop # 221, 8201 W. I-40.
These companies received the following scores because they did not comply as stated:
• (A / 98) AFC Sushi at United # 529, 5807 S.W. 45 Ave. The thermometer does not work. COS.
• (A / 95) Amarillo Little Theater, 2019 Civic Circle. Hand sink required (repeated violations); required three sink compartments (repeated violations); Registration of certified food managers must be renewed every year (repeated violations); signs of hand washing are needed in the toilet and by the hand sink in the kitchen area (repeated violations). Repaired 08/21.
• (A / 95) Braum Ice Cream # 69, 7401 S.W. 34th Ave. Spatula is worn, torn and not easily cleaned (repeat offense); an ice spoon is stored on a soda machine rack (repeated offense). COS. Wet stacked goods; the ice machine needs cleaning (repeat violation); debris and piling up on shelves that ice cream can reach; condensate leakage in the reach of ice cream. Repaired 08/16.
• (A / 96) Burger King # 13483, 4900 S. Coulter St. The date sticker must be completely removed before the equipment is washed and reused. Repaired by 05/28. Splatter coke on a glass and cover; fat buckets were thrown into the trash bin (repeated violations). Repaired 08/16.
• (A / 96) Burger King, 7000 E. I-40. Sanitary solutions in buckets with improper strength. Repaired by 05/23. Areas with accumulated dust, dirt, food scraps, and other debris must be cleaned and sanitized (repeated violations). Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 96) Burlington TX Emblem Factory, 2201 S. Western St. Three compartment sinks and a hand sink are needed. Repaired by 05/31. The ceiling above the hand sink, mop sink, and three compartment sink should be smooth, non-absorbent and easy to clean; the bathroom needs to be cleaned. Repaired 08/19.
• (A / 97) Butterlove Biscuits, 3440 Bell St. Food boxes stored on the floor in the freezer; ice spoon in place of ice. COS. Personal items must be separated from the preparation area and the kitchen. Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 95) Coyote Bluff Caf, 2417 S. Grand St. Fast food items that are stored and stored for more than 24 hours must be dated (repeated violations); Damaged gaskets must be repaired or replaced. Repaired by 05/29. Employee drinks must be separated from other food items (repeated violations). Fixed on 08/17.
• (A / 94) British Fieldhouse Restaurant, 10610 American Drive. Fast food, TCS (temperature / time controlled for safety) that is held for more than 24 hours must be dated; The gasket on the cooling door behind the ice machine must be repaired or replaced. Repaired by 05/30. Areas with accumulated dust, dirt, food scraps, and other debris must be cleaned and sanitized; the area above the hood must be smooth, durable, and easy to clean. Repaired 08/18.
• (C / 78) Kabuki Romanza Japanese Steakhouse, 8130 W. I-40. Large pots of food cooked the day before are kept on walk-in at improper temperatures; some processed / cooked foods that are not dated; bloodstained food containers on the street floor; several knives hung on a knife rack covered in food and oil debris; glass cleaner kept with a clean plate. Repaired by 05/23. Improper test strips used. Repaired by 05/30. The onion bag sits on the floor (must be at least six inches from the floor – a repeat offense); ROP (reduced packaged oxygen) dilutes fish incorrectly; some foods are not in original unlabeled containers; the freezer floor was covered in food debris. Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 97) McDonald’s, 2910 S. Soncy Road. Some gaskets torn. Repaired by 05/30. The items are stacked wet. Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 98) Petro Dunkin Donuts Stop Center 307, 8500 E. I-40. All food trays with ready-to-eat items must remain closed; areas with accumulated dust, dirt, food scraps, and other debris must be cleaned and sanitized. Repaired at 008/13.
• (A / 96) Pizza Hut, 6019 S. Coulter St. The gasket on the proofer needs to be replaced. Repaired by 05/30. Clean the dish rack and the area next to the frying pan needs cleaning (repeated violations); Condensate leakage in the freezer needs to be fixed. Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 96) Popeye’s, 7000 E. I-40. A cleaning solution in a bucket with improper strength; sanitary buckets must be replaced every four hours or less if they are very dirty. Repaired by 05/23. Areas with accumulated dust, dirt, food scraps, and other debris must be cleaned and sanitized (repeated violations). Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 94) Purple Flamingo Pops / Crush, 2606 Wolflin Ave. Proper test strips are required for dishwashing machines; the ice machine needs to be cleaned (repeat violation). Repaired by 05/31. Registered certified food managers must be renewed every year. Repaired on 06/21. Containers which contain food / spices that are not easily identified must be labeled to correctly identify food products. Repaired 08/19.
• (A / 97) Sam’s Club # 8279, 2201 Ross Osage Drive. Some products that are seriously damaged can be damaged. COS.
• (A / 95) Sonic Drive In, 7417 S.W. 34th Ave. All torn gaskets must be replaced. Repaired by 05/28. Employees drink at the preparation table next to the tomatoes; open meat in the freezer; wet stacked items. Repaired 08/16.
• (A / 99) Sweet Charlie’s, 9180 Town Square Blvd., Ste. 107. The bathroom door must be closed by itself. Repaired 08/18.
• (A / 99) American Travel Center, 7000 E. I-40. Coffee stir sticks must be individually wrapped or in a single serving dispenser. COS.
• (A / 98) United Supermarket # 529 Deli / Restaurant, 5807 S.W. 45th Ave. Food needs to be covered at all times. COS. The cutting board must be cleaned, overlayed or replaced. Fixed on 08/17.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]