- Eid al-Fitr is the end of the holy month of Ramadan, which is observed by Muslims.
- While mosques and other places of worship have reopened in Germany, people still have to practice social distance.
- For optimal space, one mosque in Germany asked local Ikea if they could use its empty parking space for prayer.
- The Ikea store in Wetzlar, a city near Frankfurt, agreed to let hundreds of people celebrate Eid in a parking lot on Sunday.
- According to the BBCNearly 800 people attended a joint prayer.
- Ahead of the celebration, participants are reminded to maintain social distance and wear a mask. They were told not to use the bathroom, that no children under 12 were permitted, and stayed at home if they felt sick.
- In a statement on Facebook, the mosque thanked the local police, Ikea shops, the supervisor’s office, and those who helped organize the celebration.
- Visit the Insider homepage for more stories.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]