Los Angeles officials on public health on Sunday reported more 7,232 cases COVID-19 and 30 related deaths, the figures account for Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week.
Only on Friday, 3,187 new cases COVID-19 were reported — the highest daily total since the pandemic started, officials said.
Bars and indoor dining will remain closed as officials try to contain the spread of coronavirus.
The number of patients hospitalized with confirmed infection of coronavirus increased by 41% in the past three weeks, district data show. As of Saturday, were 1,921 people were hospitalized in Los Angeles with confirmed COVID-19 cases; 28% of these people were in intensive care and 18% were on a ventilator.
The L. A. County officials warned last week about “the alarming increase in in the cases, positivity rates and hospitalization” and perceived ability at the end of the hospital beds in two or three weeks; the number of ICU beds may be exhausted sometime in July.
Los Angeles was recorded a total of nearly 115,000 cases almost 3500 people died.
The beaches were closed officials of local governments in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura and Santa Barbara County to keep a festive weekend crowd. The warnings appeared to have an impact on residents, as the beaches and parks were sparsely populated on Saturday.
“Thank you to everyone who changed their weekend plans to help us get back to work slowing down the distribution,” Barbara Ferrer, Director of the County health Department, said in a statement.
Times staff writer Rong-Gong Lin the second contributed to this report.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]