Los Angeles reported 2,600 new cases of coronavirus and 51 death | Instant News


Coronavirus continues to spread in Los Angeles as officials Friday confirmed more than 51 deaths related COVID-19 and 2,667 additional cases.

There are 1,995 people were hospitalized with coronavirus in the area, from 26% in intensive care and 17% on a ventilator. This is a significant increase from 1,350 to 1,450 daily hospitalizations seen four weeks ago, according to the Department of health.

Meanwhile, seven days on average for daily positivity rate district — those who test positive for the virus rose by 10%.

Los Angeles has identified more than 127,300 cases of the virus and has seen more than 3700 deaths, the number of patients with confirmed infection increased by more than 40% in the last three weeks. Officials have warned of the possibility of excess capacity of hospitals, if a patient with a coronavirus needs to start competing with the other on the bed.

“As we continue to see the rise of new cases and hospitalizations, it is important to remember that if you think you can be positive and awaiting test results, to sit at home and act as if you are sure that COVID-19”, – said County of Los Angeles health Director Barbara Ferrer in a statement. “This means shumoizolyatsiya for 10 days and 72 hours after symptoms and fever subside.”

Los Angeles is on a list of state districts is observed for growth cases of the disease and increased hospitalizations. If districts remain on the list for three or more consecutive days, the state will require them to close bars and outdoor restaurants, along with the majority of other domestic business for at least three weeks. Los Angeles opened for restaurants in the face of canteen for 29 may and bars are allowed to resume at 19 Jun. His bars were ordered to close again on 28 June and closed dining halls on July 1,.

During Friday’s briefing, the mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti, L. A., recalled that socializing and meeting people outside their households is still not allowed. He warned — as he did earlier this week — that the city would restore a mandatory stay-at-home if the risk of infection to worsen.

“We’re not going back to a more secure home, but we all need to do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19”, – he said.

Was tested on city and County grounds on Friday twenty thousand people, – said Garcetti. To meet the growing demand, the city’s testing capacity will increase by 25% next week. More than 1 million people have been verified by the city and County, he said.

Coronavirus has increased throughout California, with economic recovery in the last month, people begin to communicate in such a way that the virus is spreading rapidly through the community. A survey by USC this week found L. A. County residents are increasingly concerned that California is the removal of restrictions on public activities in connection with the pandemic too fast. While 75% of respondents expressed concern in early may, 79% did so in mid-June.

Times staff writer Colleen Shalby, Hannah fry, and Luke cash contributed to this report.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]