Milan: Serie A clubs can return to team training starting May 18 if they make adjustments to medical protocols, the Italian government announced on Monday.
The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) met with the government’s scientific scientific committee (CTS) last week to discuss details of returning to group training when the country emerged from a two-month corona virus locking.
Italian Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora and health minister Roberto Speranza said in a joint statement on Monday that CTS had largely accepted the FIGC protocol to restart group sessions.
“The opinions requested by the government of the Technical Scientific Committee confirm the line of caution,” the minister’s statement said.
“CTS indications, which are considered to be strict and binding, will be sent to the Federation for protocol adjustments needed to allow the resumption of safe team training starting from May 18.”
Football has been suspended in Italy since March 9 amid a pandemic that has killed nearly 31,000 people in the country.
The Italian government has allowed troops to return to individual training sessions at team facilities starting on May 4.
But there are still problems that must be decided like the quarantine of the player in terms of a positive test for coronavirus.
The Italian football boss wants to follow the example of Germany, which returned to action on May 16, and where only positive cases will be put into isolation.
But CTS insists football must abide by the two-week general rule as punishment for those who have dealt with positive cases.
There are still 13 soccer rounds to be played for several teams between mid-June, when the FIGC hopes to return to action, and August.
Since returning to training last week, Fiorentina and Sampdoria have announced 10 positive tests. In addition, a Torino player was stated positive.
Spadafora then stressed that many tests that need to be carried out on Serie A players will not be carried out “at the expense of the citizens”.
“If these changes are made, there may be collective training from May 18,” the sports minister told Italian television.
“Whether the championship can continue, we must wait at least another week to see how the transmission curve develops and then be able to decide.”
One by one the players have returned to Italy, with Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo observing quarantine for two weeks and Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic returning to AC Milan on Monday night.
Italy on Monday reported less than 1,000 people in intensive care for COVID-19 for the first time since March 10 when the country entered a confinement.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]