Six new COVID cases in two days; health commissioner urges continued personal protection | Alert | Instant News


Alaska has recorded six new cases of COVID-19 infection, according to two recent announcements from the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.

The Department announced four cases on Saturday and two on Friday.

The six cases came because most of the restrictions on Alaskan businesses and other facilities had been lifted.

None of the last six cases have been linked to residents of the Fairbanks North Star Borough.

The Alaska case stands at 408 on the announcement Saturday morning.

Of the four cases announced on Saturday, two were Wasilla residents, one from the Northwest Arctic Borough residents and one from the residents of Nome.

The Nome case marks the second consecutive day a case was announced for the community, bringing the total to three.

Another case announced Friday was about a resident of the Southeast Alaska community in Douglas.

Health Commissioner Adam Crum on Friday urged Alaska on a weekend vacation to stay alert.

“I want to remind the Alaskan people that the virus is still here and encourage everyone to continue the personal protection measures that we have taken for months,” he said. “These steps include washing hands regularly, keeping a distance of 6 feet from family members, wearing face masks in public, cleaning and disinfecting regularly, and staying at home if sick and tested.

“Please pay attention to the Alaskan people who are most vulnerable to COVID-19 and respect local jurisdictions that can keep more restrictions temporarily,” he said.

Contact Editor Rod Boyce at 459-7585. Follow him on Twitter: @FDNMeditor.

.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]