Latest: South Korea says waves are no reason to panic | National| Instant News


Latest in coronavirus pandemic. New Coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms for most people. For some people, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, can cause more severe illness or death.

– The President of South Korea says citizens do not need to panic because of increasing cases of new viruses.

SEOUL, South Korea – The president of South Korea urged citizens not to lower their vigilance, but said there was no reason to panic amid concerns about the recent surge in coronavirus outbreaks in the country.

President Moon Jae-in made comments in Sunday’s speech when his health authorities detected a number of new cases related to nightclubs in Seoul’s Itaewon district in recent days. Previously, South Korea’s caseload had been reduced for weeks, prompting authorities to relax their social rules.

“The collection of infections that have recently occurred in entertainment facilities,” Moon said, “has raised awareness that, even during the stabilization phase, similar situations can arise again at any time, anywhere in a crowded confined space.”

Moon added that, “We must not lower our vigilance about preventing epidemics.” But he also said “there is no reason to stand still for fear.”

Moon said South Korea has “the right quarantine and medical system combined with experience to respond quickly to clusters of unexpected infections that may occur.”

SEOUL, South Korea – South Korea reported 34 additional cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours due to a spate of transmissions associated with club visitors threatening the country’s hard-earned profits in its fight against the virus.

Figures released on Sunday by the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention increased the national total to 10,874 with 256 deaths. The agency said 9,610 had recovered and 10,128 others were undergoing tests to determine whether they had contracted the virus.

The agency said interim assessments showed 26 of 34 new patients were cases that were transmitted locally, while the rest were imported. South Korean media reported it was the first time the South Korean daily jump marked above 30 in about a month.

The agency did not immediately provide further details. But most of the new cases in recent days have been linked to nightclubs in Seoul’s Itaewon entertainment district.

Officials on Friday said they detected at least 15 infections related to a 29-year-old man who had visited three Itaewon clubs before conducting a positive test on Wednesday.

This infection raises concerns about a new surge in South Korea, which for weeks noted a steady decline in the number of new cases after having had hundreds of new cases every day until early March.

CANBERRA, Australia – Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said the government supports the EU motion for an independent inquiry into the origins of COVID-19 in China.

The Australian government has been calling for such an investigation for several weeks to better understand how coronaviruses began in Wuhan, China, to be able to fight such a pandemic in the future. This move has generated a critical response from China, Australia’s No.1 trading partner.

“We support the EU movement which includes independent investigations, regulatory work on the wet market and also the potential strength of independent inspections,” Hunt told Sky News on Sunday.

Ursula von der Leyen, head of the EU executive, said last week that he wanted to see China work with his organization, and others, to determine how the virus emerged.

BEIJING – China reported the first double digit increase in cases of new increases in 10 days Sunday, saying 14 new cases had been detected, 12 of which were domestic infections and two were brought in from abroad.

Eleven of the domestic cases are in the northeastern province of Jilin and 1 in Hubei province, whose capital city, Wuhan is considered the center of a global pandemic. Jilin shares a border with North Korea, where the situation of the virus is unclear but its very inadequate health system has been offered assistance by China in handling any outbreak.

No new virus deaths have been reported in China for almost 1 month and the number of people on treatment for COVID-19 nationally has dropped to 148, with 798 others under isolation and observation as one of the suspected cases or as tested positive for the virus while showing no symptoms. China has reported a total of 4,633 deaths totaling 82,901 cases.

Leaps in new cases can trigger concerns about how quickly lifting social measures that alienate and reopen schools and other public institutions. Photos of people who socialized widely in the Shanghai bar district last weekend drew criticism online. China last reported more than 10 cases in May, with 12, half imported. Reports include the number of new cases recorded in the previous 24 hours.

After bringing down all districts in the districts to a low risk of the virus, China has raised one of them, Shulan, in Jilin, after the province on May 10 reported a surge in cases to 11, bringing tightening social measures of distance and quarantine actions.

WASHINGTON – Three members of the White House coronavirus task force, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, putting themselves in quarantine after contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, is another reminder that none of the safest buildings in the country is immune from viruses.

Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a leading member of the task force, has been known nationally for his simple and direct explanation to the public about coronaviruses and COVID-19, the diseases they cause. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and commissioner for the Administration of Food and Medicine, Stephen Hahn.

The Fauci Institute says he has tested negative for COVID-19 and will continue to be tested regularly. He added that he was considered “relatively low risk” based on his level of exposure, and that he would “take appropriate precautions” to reduce the risk of personal contact while continuing to carry out his duties. While he will stay at home and work, Fauci will go to the White House if called upon and take every precaution, the agency said.

Redfield will be “teleworking for the next two weeks” after it was decided that he had “low risk exposure” to someone at the White House, the CDC said in a statement late Saturday. The statement said he felt fine and had no symptoms.

Only hours before, the Food and Drug Administration confirmed that Hahn had been in contact with someone who tested positive and quarantined himself for the next two weeks. He tested negative for the virus.

Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary was tested positive for the corona virus on Friday, making him the second person to work in the White House complex to be found positive for the virus this week. White House officials confirmed on Thursday that a member of the military acting as one of Trump’s valet tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday.

OLYMPIA, Washington – Opponents of orders living in Washington to slow the coronavirus regroup on Saturday at Capitol State.

Meanwhile, some residents who reported offenders stayed at home said that they received threats after right-wing groups posted their personal information on Facebook.

Some complainants who reported state businesses allegedly violated orders said Facebook posts had posed threats of violence and harassment against them, The Seattle Times reported. One group that published the names, Washington Three Percenters, far right, had promoted protests at home and one of its leaders spoke at a demonstration on Saturday.

State officials said the group was likely to obtain information through requests for public records. Saturday’s rally attracted around 1,500 people, according to the Washington State Patrol. That’s less than 2,000 more who attended a similar protest last month.

Governor Jay Inslee has extended the restrictions on living at home, but has allowed some retail and recreational activities to continue with modifications designed to inhibit the spread of COVID-19.

LOS ANGELES – Climbing the Hollywood sign board and hitting the link was permitted Saturday when the California region most severely hit by coronavirus, carefully reopened several sites to become homers who lack recreation.

Los Angeles County allows the reopening of golf courses and courses, but with social restrictions. For those interested in retail therapy, there is even better news when Governor Gavin Newsom on Friday allows tens of thousands of stores to reopen, including flower shops, just in time for Mother’s Day.

The City of Los Angeles announced it was also reopening several public spaces, including the extensive Griffith Park, which included popular paths to the Hollywood sign.

But police and park rangers installed will guard climbers to small and distant groups who wear face masks. Mayor Eric Garcetti urged “good judgment” and said the city would depend on education and encouragement rather than law enforcement.

“It’s not our vision to make it look like a middle school dance with people standing too close to each other,” he said.

Beaches in the County could be reopened next week with restrictions designed to prevent people from overloading the beach and possibly spreading COVID-19.

DENVER – Colorado has reached 967 deaths from the corona virus, and more than 19,300 people tested positive for the disease, state health officials said.

The country’s Ministry of Public Health and Environment said Saturday more than 100,000 had been tested for COVID-19.

State data show more than 3,600 have been hospitalized since the outbreak. Less than 600 people are in Colorado hospitals with symptoms of the disease on Friday.

On Saturday, a number of Denver businesses – from clothing stores to hair salons – opened their doors for the first time in almost two months when the order to stay at Mayor Michael Hancock’s home ended, The Denver Post reports. Business owners who have been hit financially say it’s the only way to stay afloat when they try to replace lost sales while giving their employees a much-needed salary.

But despite the green light from the city leaders, many business owners choose to close their stores for now. Those who have made the choice not to continue running a business say there is not enough evidence that bringing workers and customers back to their spaces is safe and will not contribute to the spread of COVID-19.

RIO RANCHO, N.M – New Mexico Republican and sheriff called on US Attorney General William Barr to look into Michelle Lujan Grisham’s health orders aimed at stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Republican Chair of the State Steve Pearce and New Mexico Sheriffs Association President Tony Mace each sent a letter to Barr last week asking for a review of health orders that have closed several businesses since the end of March. They say the order, which has shut down several small businesses, violates civil rights of citizens.

“We want to express our fear and frustration about the order of the New Mexico government. Lujan Grisham’s public health policy, a policy many believe in our country is an open violation of civil rights, freedom and their right to free trade , “Pearce wrote. . “The situation in New Mexico is an unfair and unjust situation.”

Mace, the sheriff of Cibola Regency and often criticizes fellow Democrat Lujan Grisham, said the health regulation was unfairly disadvantaging citizens.

“The governor has been discriminatory in his policies, keeping large box giant companies open – draining New Mexico dollars from the state – while closing down locally owned mom and pop companies,” Mase wrote. “This is not only a special treatment for large box stores but also a violation of the civil rights of our small business owners whose livelihoods are now in free fall.”

In an interview with The Associated Press, Pearce said he wanted Barr to see New Mexico to see if the U.S. Constitution “Respected” during the health order.

A spokeswoman for Lujan Grisham declined to comment.

GATLINBURG, Tenn. Reopening the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was a bit too tempting on Saturday when a number of nature lovers from dozens of countries thronged the trail and walked into a closed area, a spokesman said.

Even with some of the most popular lanes being closed, parking lots crowded and rows of cars winding down tree-lined streets, in one case about a mile to the waterfall road, according to park spokeswoman Dana Soehn. Many people don’t wear masks.

“It seems like people don’t respect our suggestion that they avoid crowded areas,” said Soehn, adding that he counted license plates from 24 states in a visitor center parking lot.

Visitors also walked through heavy barricades on one of the park’s most trafficked trails, Laurel Falls, which was closed by observing federal social distance guidelines, he said.

On the Tennessee-North Carolina border, the Great Smoky Mountains are the most visited national park in the county. It closed March 24 after officials said it had become too crowded during the coronavirus pandemic.

WASHINGTON – Former President Barack Obama strongly criticized President Donald Trump’s handling the coronavirus pandemic as an “absolute chaos disaster” during a conversation with former members of his government, according to recordings obtained by Yahoo News.

Obama’s comments Friday came during a call with 3,000 people serving in his government. He said fighting the virus would be bad even for the best of the government, but it was an “absolute chaotic disaster” when the mindset of “what’s in it for me” infiltrates the government.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said that President Trump’s response “was unprecedented and saved the lives of Americans.”

The United States has suffered nearly 80,000 deaths from COVID-19, the most among any country.

.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]