NRL 2020: New Zealand fighters demanded an answer from the Kiwi government over the decision to reject the entry of two players | Instant News


The Warriors have urged government officials to reconsider a decision that would reject Eliesa Katoa and Selestino Ravutaumada re-entering New Zealand at the end of the 2020 NRL season.

Katoa, originally from Tonga, and Ravutaumada born in Fiji, both of whom live across Tasman on a work visa.

The 20-year-old both finished their schooling in New Zealand, with Ravutaumada even representing Kiwi juniors.

But under the COVID-19 rule of the country, non-citizens are prohibited from returning to Shaky Isles when completing the Warriors campaign based in Australia.

MORE: Mitchell dropped pension pension

As first reported by Goods, Soldiers’ efforts to obtain neglect from the government on behalf of the duo have so far been in vain.

Warriors CEO Cameron George said he would allow the young weapons to live in his residence in Australia if the Kiwi government remained firm but urged officials to review the controversial call.

“So what are we going to do? Drop them and leave them on the Australian coast?” Warriors CEO Cameron George told me Goods.

“I ask the New Zealand government to review and reconsider this.”

Katoa has played eight matches for the Warriors since making its NRL debut in Round 1 against Newcastle Knights.

Ravutaumada, who is a star of the rugby union of school children at Rotorua Boys’ High School, has not yet received a selection for Warriors at the NRL level.

The Warriors have been in Australia since early May and will remain Down Under until at least the completion of the regular season on September 27.

They are scheduled to play Wests Tigers in the Round 12 match at SCG on Friday night.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]