MANILA, Philippines – No Filipino in New Zealand has been infected with coronavirus (COVID-19), Philippine Ambassador Jesus Domingo said Tuesday.
“Walang is ill-treatment in terms of mismo pain,” Domingo said in a television briefing.
However, he noted that many Filipino workers in the South Pacific country were dismissed because they were locked up to reduce the spread of viral diseases.
Domingo said Filipino workers who were transferred there received cash assistance from the Philippine government.
The Philippine Embassy in New Zealand, meanwhile, also provided assistance in terms of food and housing needs.
New Zealand has so far reported 1,497 COVID-19 cases with 21 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center.
Globally, new coronaviruses have infected more than 4.1 million people.
Subscribe INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & 70+ other titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download from 4 am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints or questions, contact us.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]