ISLAMABAD: Pakistani novel coronavirus the case escalated to 4,072 on Wednesday, when Army Commander General Qamar Javed Bajwa directed his main commanders to provide full support to the federal and provincial governments in combating a pandemic that has killed 58 people in the country.
The Ministry of National Health Service said in its morning update that 208 new COVID-19 patients were added to the list over the past 24 hours.
So far 58 patients have died, including four in the past 24 hours, while 467 have recovered. Another 25 were reported in critical condition.
The authorities carried out 42,159 tests so far, including 3,076 in the last 24 hours.
Data on wise provincial and territorial cases is not available on the ministry’s website because it is being updated.
However, private media and official sources report that the number of patients in Punjab has risen to 2,030, Sindh 986, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa 527, Gilgit-Baltistan 212, Balochistan 206, Islamabad 83 and Kashmir occupied by Pakistan 28.
Pakistan made a panic attempt to overcome the pandemic and the Prime Minister Imran Khan once again warning people to follow official guidelines about self-isolation or the virus will spread even further.
Army Commander General Bajwa held a meeting with key generals on Tuesday where he reviewed geo-strategic, regional and national issues with special emphasis on the latest situation arising from COVID-19, said a statement issued by the military.
The generals, who attended the meeting via video link from their respective Central Offices, reviewed the deployment of troops assisting civil administration throughout the country.
“Appreciating the troops on the ground for the efforts so far, COAS directs all commanders to provide maximum assistance in mobilizing critical resources and reach out to reduce the suffering of people in distant areas,” the statement said.
At least 50 prisoners in the Punjab province were the most severely affected by the positive corona virus.
Prison Inspector General Shahid Baig said that around 20 cases had been reported in the Lahore prison camp and the rest in other cases.
Baig said the outbreak came from a Pakistani who was arrested for drug smuggling in Italy and was handed over to Pakistan last month. He was diagnosed on March 23.
The government has extended the partial lock-up to April 14 and continues to ask people to stay indoors and to follow social distance.
Meanwhile, the Balochistan Young Doctors Association (YDA) in Balochistan province has announced to restart services after successful talks with the government.
YDA went on strike due to lack of protective equipment and against police brutality after the demonstration and they were charged with batons and several of their colleagues detained earlier this week.
Zamrak Province Agriculture Minister Khan Achakzai said an investigation would be carried out on people who used violence against protesting doctors.
Wearing gloves, and masks, a group of 15 volunteers gathered around each other, next to a pile of groceries in a large room in the eastern district of Karachi, the commercial capital of the country.
Among them was Sunil Harsi, one of the many Hindu volunteers who had joined hands with various aid agencies to provide rations, and sanitation products to low-income people amid a raging coronavirus outbreak that had placed the South Asian nuclear nation in lockdown which paralyzes.
The economic slowdown that hit, a direct result of the global COVID-19 outbreak, has especially struck nearly 25% of the country’s more than 200 million people, who live below the poverty line.
The country has reported a total of 58 deaths because the number of corona virus cases exceeded 4,070 on Wednesday.
Harsi, 32, a member of the city council for Jamaat-e-Islami, the country’s main religious party, has actively participated in relief efforts carried out by the Al-Khidmat Foundation’s charity wing in the eastern district of Karachi for more than a month.
“I come here every day at noon to attend this meeting to cancel the plans for that day. One day we collected and packed the relief items donated by benefactors and distributed them the next day,” Harsi told Anadolu Agency.
He and his colleagues have been assigned to operate in two slums in the city of Gulshan-e-Iqbal, a middle-income group.
For the distribution of relief items, they mostly use motorbikes or small vehicles to pass through narrow streets in slums.
“We are not gathering people on the street to distribute rations to observe social distance. We are giving rations at the door,” Harsi said, adding, “I was born and raised in this area. Who needs and who does not, I know well “Button.
Adnan Sadiq, a young Christian volunteer, who is also part of the group, regards his involvement in the operation as pride.
“I am proud to be a part of this [relief campaign]. In this way, I am donating something to the community, and my own community too, “Sadiq, 22, who joined the relief activity two weeks ago, told Anadolu Agency.
He praised his Muslim friends for bringing it.
“I feel proud because I am not a person who seeks help but I help others. It is all because of my Muslim friends whose selfless efforts for the masses who need inspired me to join them,” he said.
About a dozen Christian and Hindu volunteers from the area, he said, worked with different charities.
Seema Maheshwari, a human rights activist who was also involved in the distribution of rations among people in need in various parts of Karachi, thanked the Muslim community for helping with its efforts.
“I started my efforts in collaboration with my family and some friends with limited resources. But soon, my Muslim friends and benefactors joined hands with us,” Maheshwari, a Hindu by religion, told Anadolu Agency.
“I am truly grateful to my Muslim brothers and sisters who have trusted my efforts, and given us rations, and other important items for the poor masses,” he went on to say, adding that several other Muslim benefactors have assured him of their support .
So far, Maheshwari has distributed rations among 250 families in various parts of the city.
“We distribute rations among Hindus, Christians and even Muslims in need. This is not a matter of religion, race or community. It’s all about humanity,” he said.
The small Sikh community in the country also donated its share to provide assistance to low-income people, who were devastated by the economic crisis, a direct result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The Gurdwara Parbandhak Sikband Committee of Pakistan, an organization that handles religious affairs in the Sikh community in Pakistan, has given a number of gurdwara – places of worship – as isolation cells for patients suspected of having corona virus.
In addition, according to Charanjeet Singh, a community leader, rations and cooked food are distributed among people in need regardless of their religious affiliations, at gurdwaras in Karachi, Peshawar, Nanakana Sahib – the birthplace of Baba Guru Nanak, the founder of their religion – and other district.
Haris and Sadiq also acted as a liaison between their foundation and their respective communities.
“I was also appointed as the person in charge of distribution of rations [by Al-Khidmat Foundation] among Hindus who are in need because I know my community more than anyone else, “said Harsi.
“I personally handed rations to around 150 Hindu families at their doorstep at my place,” he added.
Likewise, Sadiq was assigned to collect data and provide rations to Christian families in need in the area of operation.
Hindus and Christians make up 4% and 3% of Pakistan’s majority Muslim population, while the number of Sikhs in Pakistan is estimated to be between 30,000-40,000.
The Anadolu Agency website contains only part of the news offered to customers in the AA News Broadcast System (HAS), and in summary form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Nokia 9.3 PureView should be the flagship model for 2020 with Snapdragon 865 SoC.
Nokia 9 PureView
The Nokia 9.3 PureView can now be launched at H2 2020.
Previously it was rumored to be reaching the market in H1 itself.
Nokia 9.3 PureView is said to come with Snapdragon 865 SoC.
Nokia 9.3 PureView has been in rumors for longer than expected. It was first reportedly made its debut at MWC Barcelona that was canceled due to fears of a coronavirus outbreak. Later, rumors suggested that the launch of the Nokia 9 PureView had been pushed back and we did not see it together with Nokia 8.3, Nokia 5.3, and other phones at the March event. Now, a new report claims the launch of the Nokia 9.3 PureView has been delayed until H2 2020, due to disruptions caused by the covid-19 pandemic at a global level. Global HMD supply chains are said to be devastated by this pandemic.
In a report, Nokia PowerUser has shown that HMD Global is delaying the launch of its flagship cellphone under the Nokia 9 series into the second half of this year. The smartphone so far is rumored to be coming with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and an on-screen fingerprint sensor, which was previously believed to be one of the reasons behind the delay. On top of that, the coronavirus pandemic has wreaked havoc on the supply chain and logistics of various companies, including the maker of Nokia mobile phones, HMD Global. The report does not cite company officials who provided information about these developments but seems reasonable given the current situation.
Nokia 9 PureView has leaked factory rumors. It was previously reported to shake the Snapdragon 855 processor but several reports later suggested HMD Global for Snapdragon 865 SoC to make up for the inevitable delays. After that, the Nokia 9.3 PureView is said to have been delayed further due to complications that arise as a result of applying the fingerprint sensor in the screen on the device. The camera on this smartphone is also rumored to be seeing a big improvement in terms of resolution and graphic features. Nokia 9.3 PureView is also likely to be shipped with 5G support.
As we said, Nokia 9.3 PureView was not present at the March launch event where HMD Global remotely launched Nokia 1.3, Nokia 5.3, Nokia 8.3 5G, and brought back the Nokia 5310 XpressMusic in a new avatar. Smartphones were launched for the European market at the time, but their global availability was later announced. Only the two Nokia branded phones mentioned above, Nokia 5.3 and Nokia 5310 are certain to arrive in India. HMD Global can choose to launch the remaining devices when and when the lock situation improves.
Get real-time alerts and all that news on your mobile with the all-new India Today application. Download from
Championship leaders Leeds United have reported annual pre-tax losses of £ 21.4 million for the year ended June 2019.
The account covers the 2018-19 season, where Leeds barely promoted to the Premier League.
The club made an operating loss of more than £ 36 million, although player sales resulted in more than £ 15 million.
Turnover rose from £ 40.7 million to £ 48.9 million over the previous financial year, while total club wage bills rose from £ 31.3 million to £ 46.1 million.
Previous collection of Leeds accounts for 2017-18 showed an annual loss of £ 4.3 million.
It was also revealed in documents submitted at Companies House that Leeds might have to pay a bonus of nearly £ 20 million for players and management staff if they were promoted to the Premier League this season.
After finishing third in the Championship last season and then losing their play-off semifinals to Derby County, Marcelo Bielsa’s team was once again challenged for promotion in 2019-20.
They are top of the standings with nine matches left to play when the campaign is stopped due to the coronavirus pandemic.
There is a lot of wrong information out there about coronavirus. We sort out the facts from falsehood.
There is no party. There is no night in the cinema. No eating in the restaurant, long days at the office or waiting at the bar. There are no crowded classrooms, sporting events or church meetings.
For two weeks, Michiganders had largely squatted in hopes that Governor Gretchen Whitmer stayed at home, staying safe so that executives would be enough to slow the spread of the new corona virus.
Although many are experts in maintaining social distance, still the number of COVID-19 cases in Michigan continues to increase. This virus has infected at least 18,970 people in the state so far, and many are dying.
Tuesday marked the largest number of deaths in a single day during the pandemic due to the corona virus which claimed the lives of 118 people in Michigan, bringing the total to 845.
And the worst is not over yet.
“We are not yet close to the summit,” Whitmer said at a press conference Monday.
But there may be signs that social distance is impacting.
“I think we do see a glimmer of hope,” Robert Gordon, director of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services at the Detroit Regional Chamber, said Tuesday. “… At least the rate of growth has slowed, but there is still growth every day.”
At the beginning of the outbreak in Michigan, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases doubled every two to three days. Now, it takes about one week to double the number of cases.
In Detroit on Tuesday, Mayor Mike Duggan stressed that although cases are growing at a slower rate, hospitals are still being expanded beyond capacity.
“Even if we double again over the next seven days, the capacity is still greater than the hospital can handle and there will probably be a need for TCF Field Hospitals,” he said. expected to open this weekend inside the state’s largest convention center on the waters edge of Detroit. It will be able to accommodate as many as 1,000 coronavirus patients.
The city was hardest hit in the Michigan outbreak, with 5,501 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 221 deaths on Tuesday.
Bob Riney, Henry Ford’s chief operating officer, said on Tuesday that hospitals throughout the region struggled with maintaining adequate supplies of masks, gowns and other personal protective equipment, as well as ensuring there were enough beds to accommodate growing demand, and staff to treat the sick.
More than 700 employees at the Henry Ford Health System tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday night. And at Beaumont Health, 1,500 workers are unemployed because they have COVID-19 or have symptoms of coronavirus, the largest hospital system in the state announced Monday. And Michigan Medicine, a health system based in Ann Arbor affiliated with the University of Michigan, Tuesday reported that at least 110 of its workers tested positive for the virus. At least five health workers in Michigan have died.
“I wake up early every morning and I see what happened last night in terms of overall volume,” Riney said. “And I will tell you that we continue to see an increase in the number of COVID patients who require hospitalization.
“We see what I expect is smaller nails, as opposed to larger nails over the past few days, but it’s too soon, of course, to find out if there is some kind of leveling curve that we are starting to see. In fact, our predictive modeling would suggest that we are some distance from that. “
Gordon, MDHHS director, said “not only at Henry Ford but in many hospitals, receipts continue to exceed the amount issued and it is a very dangerous place to be in what we are trying to overcome.”
Determining where Michigan is on the COVID-19 track is difficult.
The state Department of Health and Human Services relies on several models to make predictions about where Michigan is in the outbreak, and how quickly the state can see COVID-19 infection rates begin to decline.
Among them are a model was built by Marisa Eisenberg, a professor in the University of Michigan’s epidemiology and complex systems department, along with faculty and students in public health and medical school, who try to predict the epidemiological curve of COVID-19 in the state.
“The model seems to be slowing down,” he said, “… which shows that … we hope to approach the summit,” Eisenberg said.
However, he said, factors such as social distance, changes in the number of tests carried out and other variables made it difficult to make accurate models.
“Predicting the peak is really difficult,” he said. “When capacity testing changes, it changes. And then also social distance changes. So, you have two equally changing factors that can affect peak time.”
Because the modeling is very nuanced, it shows that Michigan can see the peak number of COVID-19 cases at any point from April 10 to early May.
“There is only a very broad range.”
And social distance might create curves that are flatter, wider, than sharp peaks, Eisenberg said.
Another model, which the state refers to is COVID Acting Now, a website created by Max Henderson that features collaborations between volunteers, data scientists, computer scientists, epidemiologists and public health experts.
Henderson, a former Google executive, said the project had just received non-profit status and “only tried to do this as a public service effectively.”
His model projects COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and death throughout the United States and how public health interventions can help curb the spread of the virus.
“At the moment, there isn’t much good data about … how things are, but our hope is that this action is slowing the spread substantially,” Henderson said of mitigation efforts such as social distance and staying at home. . “The question now is … if we are going to level the curve, what’s the right balance between … economic pain and prevention of excess hospitals?
“Nobody has a good answer to that question. Anyone who tells you that they can predict peaks only makes numbers … the reality is the situation is dominated by the unknown.”
Last week, the White House referred a model by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, an independent population health research center at the University of Washington Medicine. It is estimated that in just two days, on Thursday, Michigan will reach its projected peak in daily deaths at 190 – an estimated range though between 38 deaths and 591.
The IHME model does not estimate COVID-19 cases.
“We estimate the number of deaths and use it to determine resource requirements for each state,” said an IHME spokesman. “We are working on ways to do that, but it is far more complicated because of the difficulty in getting accurate data for cases.”
The order to stay at Whitmer’s house will end April 13, but Gordon said it must remain in place “until we are convinced that we can reduce social distance and not reintroduce surges in disease rates.
“We want to be in a different place in terms of (hospital) admissions trajectory and hospital capacity as well as the number of infections and the number of deaths every day.
“I don’t think it will be forever. I didn’t mean to … deliver a message without hope, but I also think it won’t happen when that moment comes.”
Contact Kristen Jordan Shamus: 313-222-5997 or [email protected] Contact Kristi Tanner: 313-222-8877 or [email protected] Bridge Magazine writers Robin Erb and Kelly House contributed to this report.
Read or Share this story: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/08/coronavirus-covid-19-michigan-apex-uncertain/2953766001/