K-Electric Chief Executive Moonis Abdullah Alvi said that no area in Karachi had been made to face a blackout of more than eight hours, and to do that the EC had to bear the loss.
During a press conference on Wednesday, Alvi said that KE requests had 3,560 megawatts and in the best-case scenario they were able to provide 3,200 megawatts of electricity.
Meanwhile, placing a maximum load release limit of no more than eight hours means that the EC must move electricity from the area where the EC does not make a loss to the area where the EC makes losses due to low recovery to ensure that the latter does not face a load release above eight hours . Losing areas for EC are areas where collections are low because of electricity theft.
Regarding the burden of overloading and overcharging in Karachi, Alvi said that he felt sorry for that but they were not the only ones behind this. There is a whole system behind it, he said.
As a solution to overcharging, he said that the bill would now come with a meter image on it.
He added that work had taken place in about 15 to 20 feeders at a certain time. During this maintenance work, a power outage cannot be called a discharge.
He added that the government asked them not to load during the locking period from March 20 to May 28 and that they could do so because of low demand.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]