Karachi corona drive-through screening, testing facilities received an encouraging response – Pakistan | Instant News


KARACHI: More and more people are choosing drive-through testing and testing facilities for the corona virus recently launched by the Sindh government in collaboration with the Indus Hospital, health ministry officials told Dawn on Monday.

Established in the Jahangir Kothari Parade area in Clifton, this free facility aims to help patients suspected of being Covid-19.

“The idea was conceived after the government learned that many people in the district were reluctant to visit a government-appointed diagnostic and treatment center to offer a coronavirus virus testing facility,” said Dr. Tasleem Amir, a senior medical officer who is now assigned to a special assignment in the Southern district. .

This free facility is mainly for residents of the Southern district

Explaining the reason, he said that they had to wait for hours there and were afraid that they might catch the virus in a busy hospital. Private hospitals, on the other hand, offer a high-priced coronavirus test.

“To help residents, the deputy commissioner discussed the issue in detail with experts at the Indus Hospital. The idea of ​​having a cellular testing facility was rejected because in that case standard operating procedures [recommended for Covid-19] can’t be followed, “he said, adding that this mode helped meet the medical needs needed.

Explaining the public response as “very encouraging” so far, he said registration for services was increasing day by day, even though no proper publicity campaign had been carried out by the health department.

To use drive-through inspection and testing facilities for corona virus, people need to call at 021-99203012 to get a time slot for screening and testing. Both motorbikes and cars are allowed at the station where the suspected patient is examined twice.

Based on screening results, someone is asked to continue for testing or exit. Test results are sent the next day by phone or on WhatsApp.

Over the past three to four days, 178 calls have been received. Of those, 116 suspected patients were registered and given certain days and times for screening and testing.

However, more than 100 people have appeared at the station so far. No patient tested positive.

According to health department officials, while the facility has been launched only for residents of the Southern district, serious patients from other districts are also being registered and tested.

The Department plans to launch two more stations.

Published in Dawn, April 7, 2020



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.