South Korea says seized vessels launched by Yemen’s rebels

CAIRO (AP) — South Korea’s Overseas Ministry says Iran-backed rebels combating in Yemen have launched three overseas vessels they seized earlier this week south of the Pink Sea, releasing 16 crew members.

The ministry assertion Wednesday mentioned the vessels — two belonging to South Korea and one to Saudi Arabia — had been captured by Houthi rebels on their approach to the Saudi port of Jizan. Two South Korean nationals had been amongst these let loose.

The Saudi-owned al-Arabia TV additionally reported the discharge.

Yemen’s Houthis mentioned that they had detained the vessels for coming into Yemeni waters, and routed them to the Pink Sea province of Hodeida.

The Houthis have steadily focused oil tankers and navy ships belonging to Saudi Arabia and its coalition companions, which have been combating in Yemen’s battle since 2015.

picture supply

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker