Melbourne, Australia (AP) — tennis players in Australia will have a chance to compete for the prize Fund for the first time since March in a series about mornings starting this weekend in Sydney and continuing in major cities across the country next week.
Top-rated ash Barty is unlikely to be able to compete, instead focus on practice. As reported, the ex-champion of the U.S. Open Sam Stosur is ready to join the series, which will attract local competition for Australian men and women and probably run until the end of August.
Elite low tennis was closed during a pandemic in the fashion industry, but the exhibition has already started, including Novak Djokovic-supported tour Adria in Croatia and Serbia, which had to be cancelled when the male No. 1 and three other players tested positive for COVID-19.Djokovic, who test positive, despite showing no symptoms, he said he will remain in isolation for 14 days.
The U.S. open is scheduled for early August. 31, without spectators, and the Open championship of France – postponed from may to start in September. 27.
The players returned to the practice in the National Academy of tennis Australia and community tennis has resumed in the last weeks, in accordance with the guidelines for physical distancing.
Tennis Australia Craig tailee said chief Executive organizers did the planning for a new domestic series that sets strict rules that limit the number of people on the court and require the players to pass medical examination and to bring their own towels.
“With so many tennis season has not yet been determined, our goal through the professional tennis series is to give as many of our athletes a chance to compete and, importantly, also to earn prize money, after a few months unable to earn a living playing the sport they have dedicated their lives,” tailee said in a statement. “Our team … has worked in close cooperation with the authorities and the tennis staff across the country to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with strict local protocols and biosecurity”.
Restrictions are slowly being relaxed in Australia after blocking a coronavirus, although the relief was postponed in parts of Melbourne, where the so-called “hot spots” appeared last week.
Australia, which has closed its borders since March, on Wednesday recorded its first death in a month from COVID-19 when a man in his 80s died in Melbourne. Increased the number of deaths in Australia and 103 from the new coronavirus.
More AP tennis: https://www.apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]