CONCACAF forced to change world Cup qualifying plans as FIFA cancels September international break | Instant News


Qualifying world Cup qualifying will look different this time after FIFA confirmed that international Sep the Windows were cancelled.

FIFA on Thursday confirmed that in September the window will not go ahead federations outside Europe and South America.

The beginning of world Cup qualifying has been set for this window, with the hexagonal set to start within this period, the first six teams in the FIFA rankings.

With coronavirus continues badly damaged in parts of North America, CONCACAF, will now have to change plans ahead of the World Cup in 2022.

The Federation said in a statement. “Many of our members and their communities continue to face serious challenges due to COVID-19 and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.” data-reactid=”23″>”CONCACAF welcomes the decisions taken by FIFA for men’s and women’s international match calendar” The Federation said in a statement. “Many of our member associations and their communities continue to face serious challenges due to COVID-19 and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

“The postponement of the competition, and also the agreement on a new international dates, gives us some confidence in the football world and allow CONCACAF to progress our plans to resume men and women in international football, when it’s safe.”

The Federation had been preparing for this for some time, with the CONCACAF discuss the uncertainty in world Cup qualifying after the outbreak of the coronavirus.

CONCACAF still intends to hold the final of the first championship of the Federation of the United Nations as well, adding another difficulty in planning.

Without a pause since February due to the cancellation in March and June with electric drive, the next opportunity to take the field in October, if all goes according to plan.

FIFA helped matters a little pushing back the beginning of March to June 2022 2022 2021 June lengthening the window for one week

“The problems associated with the delays to the football calendar, and incomplete cycle of the FIFA rankings in our Confederation, so our current world Cup qualifying has been hacked, and changed. Now we will work with the new framework and to liaise with FIFA in order to complete the new format of qualifying for the world Cup for the CONCACAF region

“We will also work with our partners to reorganize the way to the CONCACAF gold Cup final (originally scheduled for March and June 2020), the finals of CONCACAF, the League of Nations (originally scheduled for 2020) and a number of other weighted competitions.

“A further update on the world Cup qualifying and international competitions and other CONCACAF men will be presented in the coming weeks. We will also continue to cooperate with FIFA and other confederations to the international process calendar women football match, to make sure that we are ready to support a return to the International women’s game as soon as possible”.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]