North Carolina politicians lobby for the return of direct car racing | Instant News


Five Republican senators asked the Governor of North Carolina Roy Cooper, a Democrat, to allow the NASCAR race – without fans – next month at Charlotte Motor Speedway. In a normal year, NASCAR will run the Coca-Cola 600 on the Charlotte track over Memorial Day weekend. Like other sports, NASCAR’s schedule has been canceled by coronavirus. NASCAR said on Friday that they hoped to continue racing at some point in May without fans in the stands. Governor of Florida Ron DeSantis, a Republican, said he hoped NASCAR could race next month on a state track, again without fans. On Sunday, the North Carolina senator Kathy Harrington, Paul Newton, Todd Johnson, Vickie Sawyer, and Carl Ford said leaving the race in Charlotte would require the governor to change his executive order. Cooper spokesman Ford Porter said Sunday that “Governor Cooper knows the importance of NASCAR for our country and he has spoken with track owners and teams about how we can potentially restart racing. It’s too early to predict specific decisions about future sporting events, but any plan will prioritize health and public safety and prevent the spread of viruses. “

William Byron, 22, won the drama-free NASCAR contest

Nobody did anything to get fired or lose sponsors this week, like William Byron win the second consecutive virtual NASCAR race by holding back Timmy Hill. Byron, 22 and in his third season driving for Hendrick Motorsports, is an iRacer racer who learned to drive a stock car through a platform. “I’m not in a racing family that grows and obviously this is my way to cut teeth,” Byron said. “I am very grateful for what has been done for me. Driving 24 cars in real life for Hendrick Motorsports is a dream and I am really just a kid here who is excited, the face of NASCAR on the channel when I race against them. Now I race against them in real life. “The race is low in drama. Matt DiBenedetto parked after twice crashing in Richmond (Va.) Virtual Raceway with Ryan Preece, the second incident was clearly intentional. That sparked a Twitter fight between the two, with DiBenedetto demanding Preece’s address to go to his house to fight and Preece said he would give it if DiBenedetto appeared in the giraffe costume he wore during Sunday’s match. Jimmie Johnson manually disconnect the simulator instead of waiting for the final race to be repaired, and Kevin Harvick his lunch from his bridge chair because he was within 20 minutes for repairs. But that is about the controversy on NASCAR day in desperate need of a drama-free program. Kyle Larson was fired this week for using racial slur during the non-NASCAR iRacing event that was approved last Sunday night, and drivers and fans showed signs of missing out on some of the excitement that initially engulfed the virtual racing league when it was launched during the coronavirus pandemic.

Miscellany

Charles Leclerc wins wherever he races

Charles Leclerc has won the second consecutive F1 Virtual Grand Prix after flying the checkered flag on the Shanghai track. The Ferrari driver starts the Chinese GP in pole position and finishes in front of Red Bull Alex Albon and Guanyu Zhou, who competed for UNI-Virtuosi Racing in Formula 2. Golfer Ian Poulter came 18th as the Lazio striker Ciro Immobile 17. 22-year-old Leclerc, who has won two F1 races, just started playing video games earlier in the month. “Charles got the best of me and I was disappointed, returning to the drawing board for the third round,” Albon said. “This is not the real thing but to keep beating about it is already very good.” The real Chinese GP, originally scheduled for April 19, was postponed in February. . . After 15 years in professional basketball, Andrew Bogut close to making a decision when to end his career. The new corona virus and the subsequent postponement of the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo did not make it easier. Bogut, 35, draft No. 1 2005 from Milwaukee and who won the NBA championship with the Golden State Warriors in 2015, plans to retire after playing for Australia at the Tokyo Olympics in three months. The matches have been postponed until July 2021. But Bogut, who has played for Sydney in the National Basketball League for the past two seasons, is not sure he can attend the training and discipline needed for the following year. “I haven’t done much, I can tell you,” Bogut told Australia Broadcasting Corp.’s Broadcasting program. which broadcast on Sunday. “To be able to kiss your children goodnight and drop them off every night. . . I really appreciate doing that. “



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]