COLUMBUS, Ohio – A man accused of threatening to shoot The State of Ohio and vowing to injure players on the soccer team are now scheduled for a change of defense trial, according to Wednesday’s court filing.
Such trials are usually held when a defendant changes an application from innocent to guilty.
An indictment sealed late last year in a federal court in Columbus accused Daniel Rippy of threatening “electronic communication” from California during 2018 Michigan-Ohio State game in Columbus, which was won by Buckeyes 62-39.
Rippy threatened to shoot at school and said: “I will seriously hurt students and all players from the soccer team,” according to the September 26 indictment.
Rippy previously entered an innocent plea in front of Judge Algenon Marbley, who ordered Rippy to remain in custody. Changes to the defense trial are set for June 18. Federal public defender Rippy declined to comment on Wednesday.
Rippy was arrested on December 28 in Livermore, California, and released on bail, but later failed to report to the Pre-Trial Services division of the court as requested, records show. He was later arrested again in California, and a judge ordered him to be handed over to the U.S. marshal. and sent to Ohio.
WOOD-TV reported in January that Rippy said he was innocent during the exchange of Facebook messages with the station.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]