Madrid (AFP) – Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez announced on Saturday that La Liga could resume from locking up the corona virus on Sunday 8 June.
“The resumption of major professional sports competitions and especially La Liga will be allowed starting on the week of June 8,” Sanchez said at a press conference.
More than two months after the COVID-19 pandemic stopped the season in Spain, the players have begun training in small groups as they aim to get ready for the planned reboot next month.
La Liga President Javier Tebas said the desired date for continuing the match was Friday, June 12 and Sanchez’s announcement meant that the plan had been given the green light from the government.
The club has 11 matches left to play to finish the season, with the proposed final round to be completed at the end of July.
A compressed calendar will mean the team plays matches both in midweek and on weekends while fixtures will be held behind closed doors, with only 197 people allowed to attend, according to the protocol prepared by La Liga.
The players will also undergo a test for the corona virus the day before the match and the temperature will be taken before being allowed into the stadium.
A staggering La Liga training program means players start working individually at the training ground on May 4 and can develop into groups of up to 10 players this week.
Top flight was first suspended on March 12 after Real Madrid entered quarantine the same day after a positive test from one of the club’s basketball players.
But Tebas insisted that the league must restart, after estimating that canceling this season would cost the club around one billion euros ($ 1.09 billion).
France’s Ligue 1 has been cut off, with Paris Saint-Germain declared champions, while the Bundesliga in Germany became the first major European league to be resumed in private last weekend.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]