Holyfield is open for a rematch with Tyson for charity | Instant News


Boxing legend and former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield said on Monday he was open to returning to the ring with Mike Tyson again – if his old rivals wanted to fight.

Holyfield, 57, and Tyson, 53, participated in legendary fights during their multi-story career, which were accumulated in the famously controversial 1997 battle known as “The Bite Fight,” which made Tyson disqualified after he flapped a piece of Holyfield’s ear.

“If I ask him, it’s almost like I’m being a bully who says I want to fight someone I’ve defeated twice,” Holyfield told the BBC. “I don’t want the pressure on me that ‘you only want to fight Mike because you know you can beat him’.

MIKE TYSON GETS INTENSE IN THE NEW TRAINING VIDEO: ‘I AM BACK!’

Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson fought for the WBA World Heavyweight Title on June 28, 1997 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight was stopped in the third round and Tyson was disqualified for biting Holyfield. (Photos with Focus on Sports / Getty Images)

“If he hits me, I will retaliate. I will be 58 years old, he will be 54 years old, you talk about good health and do things the right way that respects him. I have no problem with that.”

He added that a three-round fight for charity could occur “if he were [Tyson] want, “according to news organization.

Holyfield’s announcement came after Tyson looked excited last week when asked about a potential rematch between the two.

“That would be amazing for charity,” Tyson said to,TMZ Live“…” Can you imagine me and him going in the ring together? “

‘Iron Mike’ has stated, “I am back!“In a viral video since May 11, where he showed off some of his typical strengths and speeds that frightened his opponents. Tyson has released several intensive training videos in recent weeks which sparked speculation that he might return to the ring.

Earlier this month, Holyfield – the only professional fighter to win a heavyweight championship four times apart – announced his return to a charity match on Instagram. He also posted a training video on social media that showed his progress as he prepared to return to the ring.

“I’m getting faster and faster as my training improves every day, writes Holyfield on Instagram on Saturday.

MIKE TYSON TO GET $ 20 MILLION CONTRACT-OFFER TO RETURN TO BOXING, REPORTING TELLS

He fought the last of his 57 professional battles in 2011 when he recorded his 44th win against Danish driver Brian Nielsen.

Tyson is considered one of the greatest combatants in the world of sports, with a record of 50-6-2 during his career – with 44 wins that came with a knockout. He became the youngest heavyweight champion after winning the title at the age of 20, returning in 1986. Although, he hasn’t fought in the ring professionally since 2005.

Earlier this month, his coach Rafael Cordeiro told ESPN that Tyson appeared to have the same speed and strength as a warrior 30 years younger than him.

“I didn’t know what to expect,” Cordeiro the word. “He hasn’t reached the mitt for nearly 10 years. So I don’t expect to see what I see. I see a man with the same speed, the same strength as a 21, 22-year-old man.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE at FOXNEWS.COM

Holyfield won a tiered battle against Tyson for eight months in 1996 and 1997.

Frank Miles from Fox News contributed to this report



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]