Latest Swiatek ribs withdraw from Qatar Open | Field level | Instant News


French Open Champion Iga Swiatek has withdrawn from the Qatar Open, the last woman to withdraw from the tournament.

The 19-year-old from Poland said the decision not to play was made “due to several intense weeks” in Australia, where he played at the Australian Open, plus a warm-up tournament in Melbourne, before beating Belinda Bencic of Switzerland 6-2 6-2 in the Adelaide International final on Saturday.

“I don’t want to get injured or anything. I want my body to rest properly,” he said.

The tournament is scheduled to start Monday.

Earlier this week, world number one Ashleigh Barty resigned, citing a thigh injury, as did world number 3 Simona Halep of Romania.

Previously, No. 4 Sofia Kenin from the United States and No. 9 Bianca Andreescu from Canada withdrew from the event. Kenin, 22, said he had surgery to remove the appendix on February 15 and has not announced a schedule to return.

20-year-old Andreescu, who withdrew from the Adelaide event with a leg injury, will also miss the tournament next week in Dubai. He is targeting a return to the Miami Open, which is scheduled to start March 23.

World number two Naomi Osaka of Japan, who won the Australian Open last week, is not participating in the tournament.

In Doha, where the Qatar Open will be played, Elina Svitolina of Ukraine is the top seed, followed by Karolina Pliskova from the Czech Republic, Aryna Sabalenka from Belarus, Petra Kvitova from the Czech Republic and Kiki Bertens from the Netherlands.

.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]