College football fans continue to be treated to longer seasons, with FCS hosting the busiest days in spring. Several conferences kicked off their shortened schedule, including Big Sky and Southland, which gave fans several battles involving ranking teams to enjoy.
While most can’t find any games on the regular broadcast network, almost all FCS games will be active ESPN +, makes it easy to check out several games throughout Saturday. We’ve highlighted the best four of the lineup, complete with predictions and previews, but there are lots of interesting games, including a look ahead the return of the WAC in the fall.
So if you are wondering “What college football game is taking place today?“Know this: There are 20 FCS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, February 27th.
Note: All times are ET. Broadcast times and channels are subject to change.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Both Jackrabbits and Fighting Hawks (Athlon Team of the Week) face a ranking conference contender for the second week in a row to start the season. Can a North Dakota exploration of the ball defense slow down South Dakota State’s efficient offense?
Bison hasn’t lost since November 4, 2017, and Saluki will try to stop the hit. Even without NFL-bound quarterback Trey Lance, North Dakota State won 25-7 last week, while Southern Illinois was blown up the road by North Dakota and in danger of being knocked out of Athlon Sports. The FCS Daya Poll.
The Eagles, who were runners-up nationwide two years ago, opened their spring on the road to the Vandals. This ranking team match should have great implications in the Great Sky Conference, which is again one of the best in FCS.
Nicholls may be favorites at Southland, which opens the season this weekend, but the Lions and Bearkats are both serious contenders in the playoffs. The draw has come close in recent years, although Sam Houston has a chance to win his fourth straight game.
Another NCAAF game on TV Today
- Howard in Delaware State, 12 noon on ESPN3
- Wofford in Chattanooga, 12 noon ESPN +
- Northern Iowa in Youngstown State, 12 noon ESPN +
- Robert Morris on James Madison, 12 p.m. on NBCSW + / FloFootball
- Western Carolina in Samford, 1pm ESPN +
- South Dakota in Illinois State, 1:00 p.m. ESPN +
- Shorter at Kennesaw State, 1pm ESPN +
- Missouri State in Western Illinois, 1:00 p.m. ESPN +
- UIW at McNeese, 1pm ESPN +
- Furman at VMI, 1:30 p.m. at ESPN +
- Dixie State at Tarleton State, 3pm ESPN +
- Southern Utah in Northern Arizona, 3pm on Pluto TV
- Fortress at Mercer, 15.30 ESPN +/ Nexstar
- Elon at Gardner-Webb, 4 p.m. ESPN +
- Apply at Nicholls, 4pm ESPN +
- Weber State in Idaho State, 6pm on Pluto TV