Now that March Madness is over, college sports fans can go back to watching football – unless they keep an eye on another Jack Leiter no-hitter.
FCS’s spring schedule continues with another 23 scheduled matches on Saturday, including a pre-season top three team battle. Although most games can be streamed ESPN +, football fans will even get two on the flagship ESPN network, with Deion Sanders‘Jackson State achieved prime time for the third time and Route 1 Rivalry received similar treatment on ESPN2.
So if you’re wondering “What college football game is taking place today?“Know this: There are 23 FCS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, April 10.
Note: All times are ET. Broadcast times and channels are subject to change.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Alabama A&M at Jackson State, 3pm on ESPN
The Bulldogs and Tigers face off against a potential Eastern SWAC at stake. Jackson State’s Sanders team lost twice in a row following a 3-0 start, while Alabama A&M has only played its second game after losing much of the spring due to COVID-related delays. It has to be an excellent showdown of dynamic quarterback between SWAC’s Pre-Season Offensive Player of the Year Aqeel Glass and Jackson State double threat signal caller Jalon Jones.
Southeast Louisiana at Nicholls, 4 p.m. ESPN +/ Cox Sports TV
Nicholls, No. 21 on Athlon Sports The FCS Power Poll, entered the season as Southland’s pre-season favorite but stumbled to a 4-2 start. The Colonels will have a chance to bounce back against Southeastern Louisiana, which started the year at 11th but dropped to 23rd after a 3-1 start. Nicholls running back Lindsey Scott Jr., who is second at FCS in scoring with 22 goals, is a player to watch out for.
It’s a typical match from Saturday’s blackboard, a match between the pre-season No. 1 and No. 3. North Iowa down to No. 13 after a 3-3 start, but the Panthers’ loss came by a combined 12 points. Both teams have excellent defenses and tough field play, so expect this one to be a slugfest with huge playoff implications.
Delaware in Delaware State, 6pm on ESPN2
Maybe you’re not familiar with Route 1 Rivalry. It could be because the Blue Chickens have won all nine matches, but this game still gets the main bill. The Hornets started 2-1 and will be fighting hard against the No. 7 in the division, led by dynamic senior defender and comeback Dejoun Lee.
Another NCAAF game on TV Today
- Davidson at the Presbyterian, 11 a.m. ESPN +
- Valparaiso at Morehead State, 12 noon ESPN +
- Drake at Butler, 12 noon on YouTube
- Robert Morris in Charleston Southern, 12 noon ESPN +
- Lehigh in Lafayette, 12:30 ESPN +
- Kennesaw State in Monmouth, 1pm ESPN +
- Furman at The Citadel, 1pm ESPN +
- Central Washington in Montana, 1pm on ABC Montana / SWX
- Fordham at Bucknell, 1pm ESPN +
- Richmond at William & Mary, 1pm on YurView / FloFootball
- Idaho State in Weber State, 3pm on KJZZ TV / Pluto TV
- MVSU in Alabama State, 3pm at WBMM
- Youngstown State at Missouri State, 3pm ESPN +
- Stetson in San Diego, 4pm on WCCSports.com
- Idaho in Eastern Washington, 4 pm on SWX / Pluto TV
- McNeese in Sam Houston, 5pm ESPN +
- Northern Arizona in Southern Utah, 6pm on Pluto TV
- ETSU in Mercer, 6pm ESPN +
- Northwestern State at UIW, 8pm ESPN +