Tag Archives: announce

PCCA announces continuing int flight operations starting today | Instant News


Near the news desk

LAHORE: The Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan (PCCA) has announced resuming international flight operations starting today (Saturday).

“As per the federal government’s decision, international flight operations (scheduled, unscheduled and chartered flights) have been permitted with effects starting at 23.59 hours tonight,” Aviation Division spokesman Abdul Sattar Khokhar said.

In a statement, the spokesman added that national and foreign airlines would be allowed to operate from all of Pakistan’s international airports except Gwadar and Turbat.

“SOPs for international flights out have been issued according to which airline will be required to follow the SOP of the destination country”. In addition, the government has decided to further improve domestic flight operations from the previous 20-22% to 40-45% of pre-Covid-19 operations.

He further added that this decision had been taken because of the increasing business and public demand for air travel and smart locking which was monitored by the federal and provincial governments. Also this decision is the result of people’s trust because the best health precautions are adopted at the airport and by the airlines. The upgraded operation will start from 1 June onwards and will cover Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.

Noting the current situation, the statement said congestion at the airport would not be permitted and the aircraft would be disinfected.

It is important to mention that the country has restarted its domestic flight operations in part on May 16. In March, the PIA had suspended all international flights after the new coronavirus. A month later, the government extended the suspension of international and domestic aviation operations until April 30 in line with the national strategy to stem the spread of the new corona virus. However, during that period, the PIA continued its aid flights to bring back stranded Pakistanis overseas.

According to Geo News, in a video statement, Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan said 20% of domestic flights would be resumed starting today (Saturday) but in limited capacity. The announcement followed the final decision taken by the National Command and Operations Center (NCOC). Five major airports permitted to restart operations include Karachi’s Jinnah International Airport, Allama Iqbal Lahore International Airport, Islamabad International Airport (IIAP), Quetta International Airport and Bacha Khan International Airport in Peshawar. Sarwar said social distance would be followed based on available seats and flights would only fill 50% of their full capacity. “Passengers will be given the opportunity to travel safely,” he added.

.



image source

The police officially announced the arrest of the suspect | Instant News


KARACHI: Karachi Police Chief and Joint Investigation Team (JIT) chief Inspector General Ghulam Nabi Memon on Friday officially announced the arrest of the suspects in the murder of journalist Aziz Memon during a press conference in Shaheed Benzairabad.

The JIT led by additional Police Inspector General Ghulam Nabi Memon was specifically formed by the Sindh government to investigate the murder of Journalist Aziz Memon. According to AIG, police investigations have revealed that local journalist Aziz Memon was killed on the basis of hostility.

The same problem was solved by ‘The News’ in the May 22 issue of the title “The murder of a journalist: two suspects arrested”, revealing the fact that “Two major arrests have been carried out in connection with the murder of journalist Aziz Memon, while the police are looking for another main suspect who is still at large, revealing sources close to the investigation of the case. “

Aziz Memon is a journalist associated with the local Sindhi channel and newspaper. In February, he was found murdered at Naushehro Feroze, while a postmortem examination report released by the authorities stated that he died of suffocation.

Today, the head of Karachi Police Ghulam Nabi Memon was giving a speech at a press conference in Nawabshah, where he said that the suspect arrested in the case had confessed his crime in court.

AIG police said that the suspect, Nazir Sehto’s DNA matched the scene of the crime and during the investigation, the culprit also revealed the names of other suspects.

“So far three suspects have been arrested in this case, while five others have not been arrested,” AIG police said. Ghulam Nabi Memon said that he would not make any unconfirmed statements and the reason behind holding a press conference was to reveal the details of the investigation. The Karachi police chief said that further investigations were ongoing in this case, expressing thanks to other agencies for helping with the investigation.

Earlier today, three suspects including Nazir Sahto were brought before a local court in Naushahro Feroz.

Two other suspects were handed over to police with physical detention for one day. The suspects were arrested on Thursday after their DNA matched the evidence.

On February 16, Memon’s body was found from the river with a cable wrapped around his neck.

According to AIG Ghulam Nabi Memon, journalist Aziz Memon was killed in a planned move and in this case Recci was also carried out the day before the murder.

AIG Memon added that Mushtaq Sehto, allegedly the mastermind of the Aziz Memon murder case was still free to roam.

It is important to mention here that the main defendant from the case of deceitant Mushtaq Sehto together with his brother Afshad Sehto on May 28 (Thursday) voiced allegations of kidnapping his female relatives by the Sindh Police during his press conference at the National Press Club in Islamabad. He denied his connection with the murder of journalist Aziz Memon.

Karachi Association of Journalists (KUJ), Sindh Journalists Council (SJC) and Pakistan Federal Journalists (PFUJ) leaders Amir Latif, Ghazi Jhangir, Shahzada Zulifqar and Rana Azeem praised JIT’s efforts to arrest suspected journalist Aziz Memon and demand early detention of the main deceiver accused of this case.

.



image source

The government ignored because it did not announce the price of Phutti’s support | Instant News


MULTAN: Pakistan-Quaid-e-Azam Muslim League has criticized the government for not announcing the price of Phutti’s support.

Speaking with reporters at his residence here on Saturday, PML-Q senior leader Malik Mureed Abbas Bappi demanded Prime Minister Imran Khan pay attention to him. He also demanded that the Minister of Food, Security and National Research Syed Fakhar Imam announce the price of Phutti’s support in consultation with Prime Minister Imran Khan at the earliest. He said that the government must take the initiative to save cotton plants with help

provincial government. He said that the maximum area would be brought under the cultivation of cotton plants in Balochistan where the length of the principal is much better than other regions in the country.

Outlining incentives for farmers, Bappi said that the government should immediately announce the price of Phutti’s support, in addition to providing electricity, fertilizer, pesticides and quality seeds at subsidized prices to farmers at their doorsteps.

The government must also announce cash rewards for farmers, agricultural scientists, researchers and other stakeholders, he added. He said that Prime Minister Imran Khan had to form a high-powered committee to resolve this important issue. Researchers must develop new heat and disease-resistant varieties while Seed Corporation must ensure a good supply of germinated seeds to increase yields per acre, he added. Bappi said that not announcing the price of Phutti’s support would not only destroy the agriculture sector, but also cause an economic downturn. He said that the Minister of National Food Security and Research Syed Fakhar Imam was very honest and experienced farmer. He said that Fakhar personally made efforts to lift the agricultural sector, but the bureaucracy and the opportunists allegedly created obstacles in it. He said that Fakhar Imam had to notify the prime minister about the situation and if the price of Phutti’s support was not announced, it would be a pathetic disappointment for farmers. Yields have faced a decline in the cultivation area, he added.

Natural disasters and rain also destroy fields.

.



image source

PU announces annual exam schedule | Instant News


LAHORE: University Administration of the Punjab (PU) on Friday announced the graduation and master level examination schedule.

According to PU spokesman Khurram Shahzad, the annual BA / BSc Part-II exam will be held starting July 22 while the MA / MSc examination Part-II & BCom Part-II will be held from September 7.

The spokesperson clarified that for this Part II exam, students must prepare for traditional online examinations and are based on multiple choice questions. He said the Part-II examination mode must be traditional, provided that the Covid-19 situation became normal and permitted by the government.

However, the spokesman said, in case the university did not open even after July 15 and the lockdown was extended, the examination mode would be online based on the MCQ. He said students who did not appear in online exams for any reason would have the choice to appear in traditional exams, which would be held after the university was open according to government policy and they would also inform the university accordingly.

Regarding Part-I examinations at various levels, Khurram Shahzad said the BA / BSc / Associate Degree Science / Arts Part-I exams will start from October 1 by traditional examination.

He said the MA / MSc Part-I exams, BCom Part-I / Associate Degree Commerce Part-I will start from November 2 with traditional exam mode. However, he clarified, part-I examinations would be held traditionally provided that the situation of Covid-19 improved and was permitted by the government. The spokesman said candidates could visit the official PU website www.pu.edu.pk for detailed information and regular updates.

.



image source

Sindh announced the establishment of six infectious disease hospitals | Instant News


KARACHI – The Sindh government has decided to establish six Communicable Diseases Hospitals, each at the division’s headquarters, in the province.

The decision was made at a meeting held here with Chief Secretary Syed Mumtaz Ali Shah in the chair on Thursday, a statement said.

Minister of Health Dr Azra Pechuho, Chairperson of the Planning & Development Agency Muhammad Waseem, Finance Secretary Hassan Naqvi, Health Secretary Zahid Abbasi, Work & Services Secretary Imran Atta Soomro and other officers attended the meeting.

Sindh CS said that it would cost Rs 10 billion to build a 400-bed Infectious Disease Hospital in Karachi, and 200-bed Infectious Diseases Hospitals each in Hyderabad, Sukkur, Larkana, Mirpur Khas and Shaheed Benazirabad.

He directed all division commissioners to identify land to establish Communicable Disease Hospitals in the division headquarters cities.

Health Minister Dr Azra Pechuho said that the 400-bed Infectious Disease Hospital in Karachi will soon be functioning and an institution would also be prepared for paramedic training.

The meeting also sanctioned Rs 180 million to improve the ICU of Liaquat University, Jamshoro Health & Medical Sciences.

The meeting also discussed various other health projects and was informed that 88 schemes in the health sector will be completed by December this year

.



image source