Tag Archives: announced

Covid 19 coronavirus: Ministry of Health updated cases on day one of travel ban to India | Instant News


Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced from Sunday NZ will temporarily suspend travel from India to combat a surge in infected tourists. Video / NZ Herald

There are three new cases of Covid-19 in managed isolation and none in the community, the Health Ministry announced today.

No new community cases have been detected since Tuesday’s announcement that an MIQ security guard at the Grand Millennium Hotel in Auckland has tested positive.

Fifteen close contacts of the Covid-infected MIQ workers, who have not been vaccinated, have now been tested for the virus and isolated. Thirteen have tested negative so far.

New locations of interest have now been identified in relation to MIQ workers. This is Bikanervala Bakery on White Swan Rd in Mt Roskill.

The preferred time is between 1.30 and 14.30 on April 7. Anyone in the bakery at that time was considered a casual contact and advised to monitor symptoms.

If you are not feeling well you should call Healthline, get tested and self-isolate.

Fifteen close contacts of the Covid-infected Grand Millennium workers are in isolation.  Photo / William Terite
Fifteen close contacts of the Covid-infected Grand Millennium workers are in isolation. Photo / William Terite

The Balmoral community testing center is open until 5pm today, or people can visit general practice after hours or emergency care clinics across Auckland for today’s exams.

Further locations of interest are expected and will be announced when confirmed, the ministry said.

Two of the three new positive cases in managed isolation in Auckland arrived from India between April 5 and 9, and tested positive within three days.

A third case arrived from Papua New Guinea on April 8 and tested positive on the first day of managed isolation.

The total number of active cases across the country is now 108.

The seven-day mean turnover of new border-related cases was 9.

The ministry has confirmed a crew member of the ship in Taranaki under investigation has a historical infection that has been reported overseas. The person has returned a negative test result.

More than 4300 Covid-19 tests were processed yesterday.

A two-week ban on traveling to India

Today’s update comes in two weeks India’s travel suspension starts today.

There were 10 new border-related cases yesterday and all of them are in MIQ. Eight of those infected traveled from India via the United Arab Emirates. The remaining two are from the UAE via Malaysia and Canada via the United States.

The latest border cases are people traveling from India, prompting the Government to ban arrivals from the country until at least April 28.

Two of the positive cases from India yesterday tested positive around day 0, four around day 3, one (contact case) on day 7, and the other on day 8 after showing symptoms.

The Human Rights Commission has demanded the Government justify its ban on flights from India.

Chief Human Rights Commissioner Paul Hunt said more information was needed about why behind the travel suspension.

This is the first time New Zealand has stopped citizens or residents from returning.

“While a public health emergency is a justification for restricting the free movement of people, any restriction on the right of New Zealanders to return home must be clearly justified by the Government in accordance with domestic and international human rights obligations,” Hunt said.

The commission cannot judge whether the ban is valid, unless the Government is transparent about its decisions, he said.

New Zealand has agreed under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights that no one may be arbitrarily deprived of the right to enter their own country.

.



image source

Yellow Wiggle Emma Watkins announces engagement during a tour of New Zealand | Instant News


The Wiggles star has announced his engagement in the middle of a tour of New Zealand. Photo / Provided

Yellow Wiggle’s Emma Watkins recently announced that she is engaged in the middle of a New Zealand tour with fellow Wiggles.

The 31-year-old confirmed the news on Instagram on Monday evening, posting a picture next to musician and Wiggles bandmate Oliver Brian showing off his engagement ring.

“When life is getting more sparkling,” he wrote in the caption.

Watkins confirmed his romance with Brian, who plays the banjo for the group, in December 2019, telling Stellar magazine: “Yes, I’m in love and I feel really excited to tell you.”

Watkins revealed that he and his new lover had worked together for four years before he asked her out to dinner, describing him as her “opponent”.

“He is a very calm and wise person and I am always interested in his thoughts and views on life, and his morals. He likes to talk about the environment and food production.”

The engagement came three years after she split from Purple Wiggle Lachlan Gillespie.

Watkins and his highly publicized co-star Gillespie made dominated headlines in August 2018, but the two have remained close friends and co-stars since their marriage broke up.

At the time, Gillespie said that they were best friends – “we always were, that’s how it started”.

She said they were like any other couple and had just realized they had reached a dead end in their seemingly perfect relationship.

“To be able to realize as a couple that we are going different paths and to stay close to us is clear evidence, I think, for both of us,” he told the publication.

“I love him now more than anything and he loves me more than anything.”

Watkins told Australian Story that year that there was a growing realization between him and Gillespie that “romantically, our friendship doesn’t work that way”.

Gillespie himself replied to Watkins’ post on Monday night with a row of purple love hearts and wrote: “Love you guys”.

.



image source

Status Update: Vikings – Cruise Ship Industry News | Instant News


Viking will resume service in the UK with the new Viking Venus starting operations on May 17. The company is also expanding to the Mississippi River expedition and market in the next year.

Here’s a status update on the headlines with Vikings over the past year:

The resumption of English services

Recently, Vikings announced plans to restart UK operations, with the Viking Venus.

The new ship will offer an eight-day ocean voyage from Portsmouth, starting May 22, 2021. Called England’s Scenic Shores, the trip will only be available to residents of the UK.

Vikings was one of the first shipping lines to suspend service, on March 12, 2020.

Last November, Vikings announced the first full-scale PCR laboratory in the ocean.

At the time, the company said the new technology brought him one step closer to operating another cruise ship.

New Mississippi Products

In March 2020, Vikings confirmed the launch of the Mississippi River cruise, with a new, custom built vessel.

Under construction in Louisiana, the new Mississippi Viking will debut in 2022, offers Lower and Upper Mississippi cruises from New Orleans and St. Paul.

Recently, Vikings too announced the expansion of its Egyptian fleet with the addition of the new Viking Aton. The riverboat will be operated by a third company on the Nile.

Expedition Program In Progress

Scheduled to debut early in 2022, the Viking’s first expedition ship launched in December. While many new buildings suffered delays and setbacks, the Viking Octantis was on the delivery path as originally scheduled.

It will join a sister ship – Viking Polaris – in the summer of 2022. Together, the two ships will offer cruises on the Great Lakes of North America, Antarctica, Arctic and other purposes.

With numbers from 2021 Cruise Ship Industry News Annual Report:

Ship:

  • Warehouse ship: -0
  • Ship added: +1 (Viking Venus will join the fleet soon)

Result: +1

Bed:

  • Shed beds: -0
  • Berths added: +930 (Viking Venus will join the fleet soon)

Result: +930

.



image source

Morningstar: Announcing the 2021 Swiss Fund Award Winners | Instant News


ZURICH, March 12, 2021-Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading independent investment research provider, today announced the winner of a fund and fund house for the 2021 Swiss Fund award.

This annual award recognizes the retail funds and house funds that provide the greatest added value to investors in the context of the relevant peer groups in 2020 and over a longer period of time. Morningstar selects winners using a quantitative methodology with a qualitative overlay that considers the one, three, and five year performance history of all eligible funds, and adjusts the return for risk using Morningstar’s Risk, a measure that imposes a higher penalty for downside variation in refunds than it does for upside volatility.

This year’s winners have provided the greatest added value to investors in 2020 and over the past three and five year periods. This fund and fund company has served investors well without taking undue risks. They are among the best performers in their category, based on their excellent risk-adjusted return. ‘said Natalia Wolfstetter, Director Research Manager for Morningstar Germany.

The winners of the Morningstar Switzerland Fund 2021 Award are:

Fund Category Award

Best CHF Allocation Fund

CHF B Balanced ZugerKB Strategy

Best European Equity Fund

iShares MSCI Europe SRI ETF EUR Acc

Best Global Equity Fund

Global Fidelity A-Dis-USD Focus

Best Swiss Large Equity Fund

PS CH-Swiss High Dividend P CHF

Best Swiss Small / Medium Equity Fund

Sara Select P CHF dist

Fund House Awards

Best Fund House: Equities

Baillie Gifford

Best Mutual Fund Homes: Fixed Income

Capital Group

Best Fund House: Overall

Capital Group

An overview of the winners can be seen at www.morningstar.ch.

For more information on the Morningstar Switzerland Fund Awards and award methodology, please contact [email protected] or visit https://go.morningstar.com/Morningstar-Awards .

– Ends –

Notes to Editors:

Morningstar fund categories and fund house awards are based on Morningstar fund data as of December 31, 2020. The award methodology emphasizes a one-year period, but funds must also provide strong three- and five-year returns after adjusting for risk in rewarding peer groups for awards. In selecting a winner, refunds are adjusted for risk using Morningstar Risk, a measure that imposes a higher penalty for downside variations in refunds than for upside volatility.

For the complete methodology, please Click here.

About Morningstar, Inc.

Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. The company offers a broad range of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, pension plan providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in private capital and debt markets. Morningstar provides data insights and research on a wide range of investment offerings, including managed investment products, public companies, private capital markets, debt securities and real-time global market data. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its investment advisory subsidiary, with assets of approximately $ 227 billion in supervision and management as of December 31, 2020. The company operates in 29 countries. For more information, visit www.morningstar.com/company. Follow Morningstar on Twitter @MorningstarInc.

Awards are copyright Morningstar. Investment managers may not publish Awards without Morningstar’s prior written approval.

Analyst Ratings and nominations and Award winners are subjective and should not be used as the sole basis for investment decisions. Analyst Ratings are based on Morningstar’s current expectations of future events and therefore involve unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause Morningstar’s expectations to not occur or differ significantly from those expected. Morningstar does not represent the Analyst Ratings as collateral or should not be viewed as a creditworthiness assessment of the fund or security on which the fund is based. The above reference should not be construed as an invitation by Morningstar to purchase the security.

© 2021 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

.



image source

Queensland abolished New Zealand as a ‘safe travel country’, travelers now have to go into quarantine | Instant News


Queensland has removed New Zealand as a “safe travel country”, Queensland Health announced.

Travelers from New Zealand arriving in Queensland starting at 6pm local time today must complete quarantine after the state removed New Zealand’s “country of safe travel” status.

Queensland Health said the move came after the Main Committee on Health Protection of Australia (AHPPC) was notified that the level of risk in New Zealand had increased.

“Unfortunately, over the last few days, New Zealand has recorded several new positive cases, which is why we closed the border starting at 6pm,” said Dr. Jeannette Young.

“Anyone permitted to travel to Queensland from New Zealand will be asked to quarantine on arrival.

“Acting with extreme care has kept Queenslanders safe and that is the path we will continue to take.

“Things can change very quickly with this virus – we have seen it in other countries around the world, which is why I am asking Queenslanders to reconsider their need to travel to New Zealand.”

Queensland Health also recommends all travelers who have been in New Zealand since February 21 to go ahead, undergo testing and self-isolate until their results return.

The announcement came following the case of the Covid-19 community yesterday which was related to the Papatoetoe cluster.

Young said New Zealand was still at a “critical stage” in responding to the latest outbreak.

“New Zealand is working very hard to contain this community transmission, but they are still in a critical stage of their response so we need to keep an eye on it,” he said.

“Things can change very quickly with this virus – we have seen it in other countries around the world, which is why I am asking Queenslanders to reconsider their need to travel to New Zealand.”

Queensland was quick to announce the changes even though there were no new community cases in New Zealand on Wednesday.

Health director general Dr Ashley Bloomfield said today was “business as usual” with no community case and no evidence would lead him to advise the Cabinet to raise its alert level.

Bloomfield said yesterday’s news of new cases was “unsettling” but the Government’s contact tracing system was working well.

There are 11 community cases in New Zealand now – all in Jet Park MIQ and all sharing “very close” genome sequencing.

There were more than 600 people tested at Papatoetoe High School yesterday.

Queensland’s tough stance was different from NSW after Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian asked Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to “return the favor” and open a transtasman bubble with Australia.

In a press conference yesterday, Berejiklian said the Kiwi must now “return the favor” to Australians after Scott Morrison again allowed New Zealanders to enter Australia without quarantine.

He said they had been welcoming New Zealanders for some time and it was time Ardern and his Government “pulled their load” in creating a two-way transtasman bubble.

“I always hope Prime Minister Ardern returns the favor to NSW because we have definitely accepted New Zealanders since October / November last year,” Berejiklian told the media.

He has since pressured the New Zealand Government to move, saying there was no reason why a bubble couldn’t exist now.

“I’ve always been strong and confident about our ability to have a transtasy bubble. I hope it happens sooner rather than later. There’s no reason why not,” said Berejiklian.

New Zealand is considered a “green zone”, except in Queensland, which allows Kiwis to travel to Australia freely, while the rest of the world is in the “red zone”.

.



image source