Tag Archives: Arab

Germany has promised to share any viral vaccines with Israel | Instant News


Germany this week said it would share with Israel any coronavirus vaccines it makes in Europe.

German Health Minister Jens Spahn on Sunday notified Israel’s Ambassador to Germany Jeremy Issacharoff about the decision, which comes after a meeting last week between Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi and his German counterpart Heiko Maas in Berlin.

The foreign ministers of Israel, Germany and the United Arab Emirates visit the Holocaust Museum

Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi, left, and his German counterpart met Heiko Maas in Berlin last week

(Photo: AFP)

Although the exact number of vaccinations is unclear, Israel is expected to receive thousands or possibly millions of vaccinations if the initiative is truly successful.

“I thank the German foreign and health ministers for their support to Israel in the fight against the coronavirus,” said Ashkenazi.

“This move symbolizes a special and deep friendship and a warm bond between countries.”

Corona vaccination illustrationCorona vaccination illustration

Coronavirus vaccine

(Image: Shutterstock)

According to Ashkenazi, receiving the vaccine from Germany “will allow the economy to return to full activity in Israel.”

He added that Ambassador Issacharoff and embassy staff “have played a large role in this important milestone.”

Germany’s decision to supply Israel with a vaccination developed by Europe is conflicting decision created by the European Union Health Safety Committee to supply first only European countries with European vaccinations.

But as one of the major powers in the EU, Germany is able to bypass committee decisions and justify its arrangement with Israel, among other things, with the “close ties” the two countries have.

Anglo-Swedish pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca has recently continued clinical trials for a vaccine in Japan, UK, Brazil, South Africa and India.

.



image source

Macron Says Old Belarusian Leader ‘Must Go’ | Instant News



Riot police detain a protester during an opposition rally to protest against the presidential inauguration in Minsk, Belarus, Wednesday, September 23, 2020. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has been sworn in for his sixth term at an unannounced inauguration ceremony ahead amid massive protests over weeks of saying that the authoritarian leader’s re-election was rigged. Hundreds of people took to the streets in several cities at night to protest the inauguration. (AP / TUT.by Photo)

France is increasing pressure on long-time Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko, with President Emmanuel Macron telling the leading French weekly that “Lukashenko must leave.”

The European Union said Thursday it did not recognize Lukashenko as the president of Belarus because of massive protests by Belarusians who questioned the outcome of last month’s presidential election which Lukashenko claims he won so much. Opposition members and some polling officials in Belarus say the vote was rigged.

Ahead of Monday’s trip to Lithuania and Latvia, Macron was quoted as saying in the Journal du Dimanche newspaper on Sunday as saying it was “clear that Lukashenko had to leave.”

“What is happening in Belarus is a crisis of power, an authoritarian force that cannot accept the logic of democracy and endures violence,” the paper quoted Macron as saying.

In a speech Saturday before the UN General Assembly, Belarus’ foreign minister warned Western countries against meddling or imposing sanctions over the country’s disputed presidential election and government crackdown on protesters.

Thousands of Belarusians have taken part in major rallies since the August 9 elections, which they say were rigged in support of Lukashenko, who has been in power for 26 years and has just taken secret oaths of office for a new term.

.



image source

UN: Global Workers Lose $ 3.5 Trillion in Wages Amid Pandemic | Instant News


The coronavirus pandemic is having a bigger impact on jobs than previously feared, the United Nations said on Wednesday, with hundreds of millions of jobs lost and workers suffering a “massive” drop in income.

In a new study, the International Labor Organization (ILO) found that by the midpoint of the year, global working hours had fallen 17.3 percent compared to last December – the equivalent of nearly 500 million full-time jobs.

That is nearly 100 million more jobs equivalent than the figure estimated by the ILO in June, when it was estimated that 14 percent of working hours would be lost by the end of the second three-month period this year.

“The impact has been catastrophic,” ILO chief Guy Ryder told reporters in a virtual briefing, pointing out that global labor income has shrunk by 10.7 percent during the first nine months of this year compared to the same period in 2019.

That translates to an estimated $ 3.5 trillion, or 5.5 percent reduction in total global gross domestic product (GDP), the ILO said.

Since emerging in China late last year, the new coronavirus has killed nearly a million people worldwide from the more than 31 million infected.

In addition to health challenges, lockdowns, travel restrictions and other measures taken to contain the virus have had a devastating effect on jobs and incomes around the world.

The ILO also warned that the outlook for the last three months of 2020 has “deteriorated significantly” since its last report in June.

The organization previously estimated that global working hours would be 4.9 percent lower in the fourth quarter than a year earlier, but said it now expects an 8.6 percent decline, which corresponds to 245 million full-time jobs.

This explains that workers in developing countries and emerging economies, especially those working in informal jobs, are more affected than in the previous crisis.

The ILO also pointed out that although many of the most stringent workplace closures have been relaxed, 94 percent of the world’s workers are in countries where some sort of workplace restriction remains in place.

Dan Sangheon Lee, head of the ILO’s labor policy division, warned that the labor situation could worsen.

If the second wave of infections brings tighter restrictions and new lockdowns, he said, “the impact on the labor market could be comparable to the magnitude we saw in the second quarter of this year”.

Ryder warned those encouraging policymakers to focus on the economy rather than health in response to the pandemic.

“It is very clear … that the capacity and speed of the global economy to emerge from a labor market slump is closely linked to our capacity to contain the pandemic,” he said.

“These two things are very closely related, and we must act on that understanding.”

Meanwhile, the ILO report shows that the labor market crash could be worse without the many fiscal stimulus packages provided by the government.

Without such stimulus efforts – totaling about $ 9.6 trillion globally – global working hours would have shrunk by a full 28 percent in the second quarter, he said.

But he warned that fiscal stimulus was being delivered very unevenly, with low and middle-income countries receiving about $ 982 billion less in overall support than their wealthy counterparts.

Ryder urged international efforts to close the loophole, insisting that “no group, country or region can resolve this crisis alone.”

.



image source

What You Need to Know About Upcoming Arabic Production from “Come Eat With Me” | Instant News


OSN has signed a contract with ITV Studios for the first Arabic version rights of the beloved British reality TV show ‘Come Dine with Me’. A national favorite for more than 15 years in the United Kingdom, this series has been well received with compositions replicated in many country throughout the world including Australia, Canada, Greece, Ireland and South Africa.

The 45 episode series will air from Sunday to Thursday with a new contestant group every week. Each host will cook and present a three-course menu, which will be followed by an assessment session by their three guests hosting Skills.

“OSN is very pleased with the acquisition of the ‘Come Dine with Me’ format, which will be the first original production of a very popular show that comes to our region,” said Interim’s Interim Temporary Content Head at OSN, Rolla Karam.

“This production further strengthens our commitment to providing curated content and presenting the best entertainment for our viewers in the Middle East. We believe that Come Dine with Me will be as big as success “in the Middle East as in the UK and throughout the world and are very excited for what will happen in the pipeline in terms of original production” Rolla said.

The Arabic production of the British TV show ‘Come Dine with Me’ will be filmed in the UAE later this year. Thanks to OSN

A highly valued entertaining television program will follow the same layout as England where each week a diverse group of four take turns hosting a dinner party, with guests rating nights of ten. Each contestant must try to make the guests believe that they are the best host, but at the end of the week, only one can be named the best host and go away as a winner. The series will be an amalgamation of authenticity, smart commentary and extraordinary guests, making this show one of the most related series spectrum audience.

“We are very pleased to be able to join hands with OSN in terms of providing interesting information original content on their platform and committed to changing the Arabic language Come Dine with Me, ‘Yalla Neta’asha’ was a big hit, “said ITV Studios Middle East CEO Ziad Kebbi.

Production is set to be filmed on film UAE this year and calls for citizens to register to participate in reality TV shows will be announced in the coming weeks. “Contestants will come together from all walks of life and cover various nationalities such as Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Egypt, Bahrain, Oman, and western expats.” OSN was revealed in a statement announcing the event.

So hold your chair and get ready level up Your hosting game with ‘Yalla Neta’asha’!

Image belongs to OSN and Giphy


Download Our Free Application

.



image source

German court rejects Iraqi appeal for murder, rape of Jewish teenagers | Instant News


A German federal court said Tuesday that it had rejected an Iraqi asylum seeker application that was denied his conviction for raping and killing a 14-year-old local Jewish girl.

Ali Bashar was sentenced to life imprisonment by the Wiesbaden state court in July after a four-month trial in a case that sparked tensions about migration.

Roses covered a photo of Susanna Maria Feldman, 14, who was killed in Wiesbaden, Germany

Roses covered a photo of Susanna Maria Feldman, 14, who was killed in Wiesbaden, Germany

(Photo: Associated Press)

The judge, Juergen Bonk, also found the crime to be very severe, which meant that Bashar would not be given parole after 15 years as is usually the case in Germany.

Bashar committed “a cold-blooded murder” and pointed out “no remorse or,” the presiding judge said, adding that during his trial the defendant “did not voice sincere words of remorse”.

Bashar, who was 21 years old at the time of the murder, was convicted of assaulting and killing Susanna Feldman in Wiesbaden in May 2018.

The Iraqi man beat, raped and strangled the schoolboy to death in a wooded area near the railroad tracks on May 23.

The court heard he later sent a fake message from Susanna’s smartphone indicating that he had left for an impromptu trip to Paris. His body was only found on June 6 in a shallow grave covered with leaves, twigs and soil.

BibliographyBibliography

Bashar in court

(Photo: AFP)

Bashar and his family suddenly left the house for asylum applicants in Germany after the killings, and he was later arrested by Kurdish forces in Iraq, handed over to German police officers and flown back to Germany.

Bashar is believed to have arrived in Germany in October 2015.

The Federal Court said it canceled Bashar’s appeal in the April 28 ruling. Among other objections to his belief, he argued that his return from Iraq was a “procedural obstacle.”

The Alternative Party for Germany (AfD) and other right-wing groups have captured the brutal murder of 14-year-old Susanna Maria Feldman in their campaign against Chancellor Angela Merkel’s asylum policy.

.



image source