Tag Archives: Attacked

Fazl challenged the PM to take a vote of confidence from the masses | Instant News


SUKKUR: The chairman of the Pakistan Democratic Movement, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, has rejected the Prime Minister’s vote of confidence, calling it without constitutional or legal validity. Reacting strongly to the attacks on the PML-N press conference, JUI chairman F Fazl said the PTI ruffians attacked worthy leaders and challenged the prime minister to take a direct vote of confidence from the state.

Speaking at a press conference at the residence of JUI-F leader Sukkur Agha Ayub along with Rashid Mahmood Soomro, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, said a vote of confidence was initiated by the president, but today’s session was called by the president on the prime minister’s summary. it has no legal or constitutional validity. A president sends a motion for a vote of confidence on knowledge of the weakening of the prime minister’s power in parliament and this does not involve a summary of the fake prime minister. The PDM neither recognizes today’s session nor does it recognize the fake prime minister. He says we know who knocks on the door of the MNA to make sure they choose the caste that supports the prime minister.

In response to the attacks on the PML-N leaders’ press conference in which former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Senator Musadiq Malik, PML-N Marriyum Aurangzeb PML-N Senior Vice President Ahsan Iqbal was physically assaulted and harassed, he called it a shame, calling it an all-around assault. opposition alliance. Feeling uneasy at the harassment of PML-N leaders, Fazl said we could show a stronger reaction against the government. He warned that if the PDM retaliated, there would be no room left for the PTI leadership to escape.

Fazl said PTI criminals attacked good leaders and challenged the prime minister to take a direct vote of confidence from the state. The PDM chief said it was ironic that Imran Khan spoke about the state of Medina, but went to China to praise their system and in America sang praises for theirs. Fazl said the arrest or harassment of his party members by the NAB did not affect him.

He warned NAB officials not to harass or victimize opposition members. He said the NAB would be written off by the next elected government.

.



image source

PPP’s Palwasha Khan said her home in Karachi was attacked on Friday | Instant News


KARACHI: PPP Senate election candidate Palwasha Khan said on Saturday that her Karachi population was attacked by five “thugs” who felt threatened by her move into the upcoming election.

Taking to Twitter Palwasha vows not to give in to bullying tactics.

“This tactic is too small to scare me out of the fight, I will not give up, God willing,” he tweeted.

Palwasha has shared more details of last night’s attack, claiming that her home in Gulistan-e-Jauhar was attacked by five people who also threatened her family members.

According to him, the attacker asked Palwasha and ordered her family members to take her out of the house.

The PPP leader said he had filed a complaint with the police station and also informed the Chief Minister of Sindh Murad Ali Shah.

Palwasha currently serves as the PPP’s deputy information secretary. She has been nominated as a PPP candidate for the upcoming Senate elections alongside other female leaders from the party, including Khairunisa Mughal and Rukhsana Shah.

.



image source

Geo-Jang Group headquarters was attacked by protesters in Karachi | Instant News


KARACHI: Geo and Jang Media Group headquarters here were attacked on Sunday by protesters.

The crowd broke down the entrance gate installed at the building’s entrance and the main entrance of the building. Staff inside the building were also violently attacked and pushed, according to Geo News.

According to Geo Karachi Bureau chief Faheem Siddiqui, the protesters attacked the building “under a complicated plot”. He said the protests had been announced beforehand but “no law enforcement officers were present”.

Protesters were reportedly outraged by a video from the Geo News program on social media, an edited version of which has gone viral, said Siddiqui. “What you see on social media is not what is said at the event,” he said, adding that Geo News had also aired clarifications and apologies at the same event. “What remains to be known is who these protesters are,” he added.

Announcer Irshad Bhatti of the television show “Khabarnaak” clarified that his show is one of comedy and satire and “Sindh and Sindhi are as part of his identity as any other province.” Ladies and gentleman, welcome. I want to state here, that in the last one or two performances, our brothers from Sindh, who on the one hand showed us a lot of appreciation and gave us a lot of love, on the other hand, raised objections to a sentence or two.

“I want to tell everyone that this is a satire and comedy program, and the way Punjab, KP, Balochistan, GB, Azad Kashmir is loved by me, Sindh and Sindhis is part of my identity. My life is dedicated to Sindh and Sindhis, ”he said.

Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah arrived at the scene and proceeded to resolve the issue by speaking to the protesters. He has previously also appeared on the air to express solidarity with media groups.

When asked why the police did not act immediately, Shah said he strongly condemns such violence. “I spoke to the SSP and I was told the protest was going from the Shaheen Complex to the Press Club, but they are coming here.”

He says everyone has the right to protest but no one has the right to harm anyone. “Action will be taken against whoever takes over the law.”

The Information Minister said Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah had also ordered “firm action” to be taken against all those found involved.

Federal Information Minister Shibli Faraz, speaking to Geo News, said violence was unacceptable under any circumstances. “If someone has a complaint or objection, they always have the option of making a formal protest […] I’ve found that the issue relates to shows where some light humor is shown.

“The direct responsibility is the Sindh government […] why aren’t there any security forces available? “He asked.

Karachi Press Club (KPC) President Fazil Jamili expressed his grief at the attack and condemned the move. “Every opinion expressed by an analyst is his own and does not constitute an opinion of the media. And if any announcer’s words hurt someone […] I see Geo News has aired an apology too. After that, this problem must be resolved.

“But to create trouble and use it to drive a campaign against Geo, bring mobs to offices and destroy buildings, attack staff, is completely unacceptable. “The Press Club strongly condemns this incident and we are investigating ourselves which elements were behind the attack, which targeted such major media,” he said.

Jamili said the Sindh government had to ensure a transparent investigation and regretted that the police were unable to prevent such an increase in violence. “The crowd is still outside the office. I would say the police have to come and arrest them, ”he added.

Sindh governor Imran Ismail said it was an unfortunate incident that had occurred and expressed his sympathy. “We have to understand people’s sensitivity when broadcasting something on our channel. Something happened that hurt people’s sentiment. To my knowledge, Geo apologized and clarified so that this matter should just be left alone.

“They can protest peacefully with banners, but violence can never be supported. So to all those protesting outside, I ask: Please accept Geo’s apologies and clarifications. I’m sorry no matter what. This is completely at odds with the hospitality and love for people who are an integral part of Sindh values ​​and culture, ”said Imran.

Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed condemned the attack on the Geo News building and called it an “act of cowardice”.

“The government completely believes in freedom of the press,” said Rasheed, adding: “I hope the Sindh government will ensure the safety of Jang Geo’s office.” He said his ministry would provide all possible support.

Science and Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry also condemned the attack and demanded that the police take action against those responsible. “Fighting doesn’t mean you round up 200-400 people and attack somewhere,” he said.

PML-N spokesman Marriyum Aurangzeb, condemned the incident, saying that it had to be investigated in a transparent and impartial manner. “We express our solidarity with Geo News,” he said.

PPP MPA Awais Qadir Shah said that the attack was carried out under the pretext of protest. “This is a very unfortunate incident that can no longer be condemned,” he said. Shah said that the Peoples Party supports freedom of expression and a fair investigation into the incident.

.



image source

People who were attacked by sharks in Papamoa; DoC warning of big white fish at Tauranga Harbor | Instant News


An Auckland man is covered in blood and sustains minor injuries after a shark bites his arm on Papamoa Beach in the Bay of Plenty.

The attack – which the man described as a baby shark – came as the Department of Conservation (DoC) called for caution near Tauranga Harbor this weekend following several possible sightings of a great white shark.

“It freaked me out, luckily it didn’t stick, and by the time I surfaced it was gone,” the man told Stuff after the incident on Wednesday night. “I wiped the water from my eyes as soon as I penetrated the surface and when I did I felt like a huge stream of water, I assumed from the tail, a whip passed me.”

“I got to the beach and saw a man going into the water. I stopped him and explained what had happened. The two of us then took the other nine people out of the water – some kids too.”

He does not require hospital treatment, but the close encounter with a shark – an unknown species – comes as the Department of Conservation warns of a great white shark near Tauranga Harbor.

People should be alert and avoid swimming in the port’s main channel or fishing from kayaks and jet skis, the organization advises.

The Department of Conservation (DOC) has called for vigilance at Tauranga Port this long weekend following several possible sightings of a great white shark.  Photos / Files
The Department of Conservation (DOC) has called for vigilance at Tauranga Port this long weekend following several possible sightings of a great white shark. Photos / Files

DoC marine technical advisor Clinton Duffy said communities need to remember that they share coastal waters with a number of different shark species.

“There are always sharks around our shoreline and sometimes they might get close to shore.”

He said there were several confirmed and unconfirmed great white shark sightings at Tauranga Port recently.

“It’s not unusual for them to be there, but when we visit the ocean, we need to be a little alert and aware of what’s going on around us. Swim where there are surf rescue patrols, and don’t swim or dive alone. “

Great white sharks are protected by the 1953 Wildlife Act and are illegal to hunt, kill or harm.

Other shark species that are protected in New Zealand include the basking shark, ocean whitetip, small tooth sandtiger and whale shark.

.



image source

Mosques were attacked for the second time in 2 weeks in southwest Germany | Instant News


A mosque in Baden-Wurttemberg in southwest Germany was attacked on Friday. This is the second attack on a mosque in two weeks, according to an official.

In the early hours of the New Year, the Fatih Mosque in the city of Sontheim was attacked which caused material damage, said Ali Özdemir, chairman of the mosque’s foundation.

Windows and a wooden bank outside the mosque, run by the Muslim-Turkish umbrella group DITIB, were damaged, Özdemir said.

“In the last two weeks, this is the second attack on our mosque,” he said, adding that the mosque community and members of the foundation were worried.

He said police had launched an investigation into the attack.

Earlier in another vandalism, a cross was drawn on the mosque wall.

.



image source