That tennis The season was stopped in early March due to the spread of the novel corona virus, which has infected more than 3.68 million people worldwide while killing more than 256,000, according to a Reuters count.
The Australian Open can take place in January as scheduled but the French Open organizers have moved the clay court major back to September from early May while Wimbledon has been canceled.
The fate of the US Open in New York is expected to be decided next month.
Tennis Australia Tiley’s Chief Executive said the Australian Open next year (AO) would not be separated from the impact of the pandemic.
“The worst scenario is not AO,” he said.
“Our best scenario now is to have AO with the players we can get here with quarantine techniques and special fans of Australia.”
Australia has less than 7,000 confirmed cases of the new corona virus. Less than 1,000 people are still sick, even though 96 people have died from the virus.
The country is expected to announce on Friday an easing of social distance restrictions with restrictions on most businesses removed in July.
The men’s ATP Tour and the WTA, which runs the women’s circuit, have suspended all tournaments at least until mid-July after countries began to lock borders to curb the spread of the corona virus.
Some players, both now and in the past, say they fear the rest of the 2020 season could be destroyed. Tiley had previously said he expected tennis to lose the rest of the season due to the pandemic.
“There are four scenarios and we have modeled them all,” he said, Wednesday. “We have followed the time we have to make a decision, the date we have to make a decision, who has an impact, how it will affect them.
“We have done that for 670 staff. We have done that for all our partners – our media partners, our sponsors and for all the government and where we rent facilities.
“And now we are working on international play groups and making them understand what each of those scenarios are and what they mean to them and how we can act on them.”