Hong Kong and Singapore are back in talks over a postponed travel bubble, the South China Morning Post reported on Saturday, citing an anonymous government source. Bloomberg PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 21, 2021 10:45 am IST Hong Kong and Singapore are in talks again over a postponed travel bubble, the South China Morning Post reported on Saturday, citing an anonymous government source. The Hong Kong-Singapore travel bubble, which was originally scheduled to start in November last year, has been postponed after a surge in new coronavirus infections in Hong Kong. stories on Facebook and Twitter This story was posted from an agency feed thread with no text editing. Receive our daily newsletter in your inbox Subscribe Thank you for subscribing to our daily newsletter. To close .
KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah on Sunday directed the health department to start a mobile facility in the city’s abadis katchi to check the spread of the corona virus.
“I am ready to give additional kits to a different laboratory,” he said, adding that if tested positive the confirmed patient would be transferred to an isolation center.
He said that a large number of positive cases appeared in the city’s slums. “In Katchiabadis, people do not have space in their homes to live in isolation, so they will be transferred to an isolation center,” he said.
Mr Shah said that 11 hospitals / laboratories – Aga Khan University Hospital, Indus Hospital, Civil Hospital, Ojha Dow Hospital, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center, Sindh Urology and Transplantation Institute, Ziauddin Hospital, Chughtai Hospital and Chughtai Hospital Slow – has the capacity to do 3,520 tests per day.
He was told that currently there are 16,920 swabs, 15,920 Viral Transport Media, 27,000 extractions and 23,700 amplification tests available with the provincial government.
Said 93 more positive tests for Covid-19 in the province
CM said that orders for the purchase of 190,000 testing kits had been carried out.
The ration distribution work was reviewed
Presiding over another meeting, the chief minister reviewed the process of distributing ration bags among decent people.
The meeting was attended by Manpower Minister Saeed Ghani, Energy Minister Imtiaz Shaikh, Information Minister Nasir Shah, Legal Advisor Murtaza Wahab and others. CM was told that around 200,000 ration bags had been given to decent people at their doorstep.
Was told that the distribution of rations was being carried out very early in the morning.
The CM was notified that the deputy commissioner and their team carried out the work and from time to time a provincial minister examined the distribution work.
The chief minister once again stressed the need to maintain the confidentiality of the ration distribution work. “It must be between distributors and recipients,” he said, adding: “We must keep in mind the respect and dignity of the people.”
68.3 pc of men were infected
CM said during the last 24 hours 93 new cases of coronavirus were detected while two other patients died. He said that during the last 24 hours 569 tests were carried out, of which 93 were diagnosed positively. “The number of tests carried out so far has reached 13,309 while the count of positive cases has increased to 1,411,” he said.
He said that two more patients died with the death count being 30, or 2.1 percent of the total patients.
He said that the number of patients recovering during the past 24 hours was 18 and added that so far 389 patients had recovered and returned to their respective homes.
The chief minister said that the percentage of patients recovering from total positive cases was 28pc.
Providing details from the patients, Mr Shah said that currently 645 were in isolation, 60 were in the Isolation Center and 992 were treated in different hospitals in the province.
Speaking about the age frequency of patients, Shah said that 71 patients were aged between one and 10 years, 118 between 11 and 20, 311 between 21 and 30, 260 between 31 and 40, 196 between 41 and 50, 226 between 41 and 50, 226 between 51 and 60, 152 between 61 and 70, 47 between 71 and 80 and five patients aged between 81 and 90 years.
“This shows that people of all ages are susceptible to the virus, therefore we must all be careful in our movements and must maintain social distance even at home,” he said.
He also revealed new data in which he said 68.3 pc men and 31.7 pc women had been affected.
“This ratio shows that men are more affected than women because they often leave the house and do not care about social distance as suggested by experts,” he said, adding that male members later became carriers of the virus and brought it back to the their home.
The chief minister once again urged the public to maintain social distance and closely observe the ongoing locking. “Otherwise, we won’t be able to contain viruses,” he added.