Tag Archives: face

Online leak of personal information of 1.3 million clubhouse users: report | Instant News


A Cyber ​​News report stated that an SQL database with user IDs, names, usernames, Twitter and Instagram handles, and the number of followers has been posted to an online hacker forum.

ANI |

IST updated at 05:33 AM on April 12, 2021

According to “Network News”, the personal data of approximately 1.3 million users of the social audio application Clubhouse has been leaked online.

The Verge cited a report from Computer News that a SQL database with user IDs, names, usernames, Twitter and Instagram handles, and the number of followers has been posted to online hacker forums. It seems that there is no sensitive user information, such as credit card numbers, in the leaked information. However, this information can be used in phishing attempts to enable users to hand over this more sensitive information.

Last week, “Network News” reported another data breach on social platforms: it discovered that the personal data of 500 million LinkedIn users had been captured and posted online. The Microsoft-owned company said that the leak did not contain private member account data from LinkedIn.

As reported by The Verge, the news came days after it was discovered that the personal data of approximately 533 million Facebook users had also been leaked online for free. According to reports, Facebook leaks include the user’s phone number, birthday, location, email address and full name.

The social audio app Clubhouse performed poorly in its first year. Although it only accepted invitations and was only available on iOS devices, it had over 10 million downloads.

Twitter, LinkedIn, Discord, Spotify and Slack have all launched or are competing for social audio platforms, and Facebook is reportedly among them.

shut down

.



image source

Water Board MD admits the city is facing acute water shortages | Instant News


There is a severe water shortage in Karachi as water is rapidly increasing and the Karachi Water and Sewerage Agency (KWSB) has been trying to meet the city’s water needs with limited water resources.

KWSB Managing Director (MD) Asadullah Khan said this while speaking with The News. He explained that water is supplied to the city via the Dhabeji Pump station and Canal Hub and the West District faces the most water shortages compared to other districts in the city.

He said 250,000 gallons of water were supplied to all deputy commissioners free of charge during Ramadan. Khan said Karachi is the only city in the country where water is supplied from a source 150 kilometers away. He added that water is supplied to the city area via tankers where water cannot reach via the route.

According to the head of the water council, KWSB has drawn up contingency plans for the upcoming Ramadan to ensure water supply to the mosque and Imambarghah and keep the sewer lines regular. He explained that the plan was outlined in the direction of the Sindh Regional Government Minister Syed Nasir Hussain Shah after a high-level meeting.

Demand for water reaches its peak during Ramadan but the water council has made a rotating water supply plan to ensure fair water distribution and supply, Khan said.

He added that circular letters for standard operating procedures during Ramadan have been issued for all departments regarding Ramadan and no negligence will be tolerated in this regard. Referring to the sewerage system, KWSB MD said all machines are available for sewer repair and a workforce has been put on standby to avoid sewer emergencies. He stressed that special arrangements had been made to ensure clean waste disposal routes near the mosque, Imambargah and cemeteries.

.



image source

Tomato growers face problems as prices plummet | Instant News


KARACHI: Tomato growers criticized the lack of horticultural policies and urged the government to provide the necessary infrastructure for storage and added value along with guaranteed crop sales if they want to continue sowing tomatoes.

Speaking to The News about prices, Atta Chandio, a farmer, said the tomato crop passed its last leg in Badin due to the increased heat. “The fare went up to Rs100 to Rs150 per 15kg a few days ago, but is now selling for Rs50 / 15kg.”

Tomato production has increased in Badin over the last three years. However, price remains an issue as traders are the ones who charge lower prices. Chandio said the lower prices are understandable when production is high, but at the end of the season prices should technically rise.

This instability forced tomato farmers to switch to cotton, chilies and psyllium or ispaghula.

The chairman of the Pakistan Fruits and Vegetables Association (PFVA), Waheed Ahmed, said the price of tomatoes varies between Rs5 / kg to Rs400 / kg on the market, which is a big difference.

“Tomatoes grown in the summer in Sindh are harvested in October and September, but due to climate change, now are the months when it rains in the province,” he said, explaining the infrastructure problem as well. “The crops cannot be spread. Needs non-existent cold storage. “

He suggested adopting tunnel farming to avoid losses in case of rain in Sindh and asked for subsidies.

Ahmed urged the government to focus on tomato farming in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, as the province is ideal for harvesting during the summer.

“Pakistan grows low-quality tomatoes, which cannot be exported or processed into pulp. The quality includes the bad color, “he said while pointing out the need for seed improvement.

“The world tomato pulp market is worth about $ 6 to $ 7 billion, but Pakistan’s share is almost zero,” he said, urging better policies.

PFVA plans to start an agricultural model, in which farmers will be provided with seeds and a drip irrigation system with guaranteed sales of crops.

Sindh Council Senior Vice President Abadgar Mehmood Nawaz Shah also argued that the quality of tomatoes in Pakistan is poor. “Sold for over Rs200 / kg from September to November, but nobody needs tomatoes from February to April. Although there are provinces which are responsible for policy making after the entry into force of the 18th Amendment, there is no horticultural police in Sindh, “he added.

The federal and provincial governments are responsible for improving seed quality and producing policies so that the necessary infrastructure and mechanisms can be developed to increase yields, add value, prevent imports, and protect farmers, consumers and traders.

Haji Shah Jahan, a trader at the Karachi Vegetable Wholesale Market, said tomatoes

still arriving in large numbers, which will continue for about 20 days from Thatta and beyond. After the harvest it will start in the districts of Larkana and Jacobabad.

He also held the lack of agricultural policies responsible for the suffering of the farmers. “Tomato growers are small farmers,” he said. “About 20 days ago, the price was so low that even the transportation costs couldn’t be borne by the farmers, so they destroyed the crops.”

The sale of guaranteed crops could be a solution to save farmers and also save a production surplus, he added.

He said every government said it would improve the supply chain from agriculture to the market but they did not build infrastructure and did not support farmers.

He said people suffering from lower prices would not grow tomatoes next year and there would be a shortage. It happens every two to three years. “About 10 percent of the people benefit when there is a production shortage,” Jahan said.

.



image source

‘Moving the Karachi police chief to the Center is not possible because Sindh is facing a shortage of officers’ | Instant News



Chief Secretary of Sindh Mumtaz Ali Shah has confirmed that he has written a letter to the Cabinet Secretariat, Formation Division, Islamabad, in which he has informed federal authorities that the province already lacks police officers and that it is impossible for the provincial government to transfer Karachi Additional Police Inspector General. Ghulam Nabi Memon to Islamabad under a rotation policy.

Speaking with The News on Wednesday, Shah said the Sindh government would consider transferring officers when it had a good official force for the province. The day before, speaking to media people at the Quaid-e-Azam mausoleum Mohammad Ali Jinnah on the occasion of Pakistan Day, Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said that according to the agreement between the province and the federation, the transfer of any government employee to or from the province must take place after reciprocal consultation between the federal and provincial governments.

He said any rotational policy for deploying or transferring officers from All Pakistan Integrated Services to or from the provinces should also be adopted by the Center after consultation with the relevant provincial governments. The CM also said he and the relevant departments of his government had written to the Center that the services of certain officers were required by the province, so they could not be released by his government at Islamabad’s request.

He pointed out that the previous provincial government had released some officers after they received such a request from the federal government.

Central Letter

On Sunday, the federal government sent yet another letter to the Sindh government, requesting the removal of police chief Karachi Ghulam Nabi Memon under a rotational policy.

The letter was sent to the secretary of the provincial head by the Cabinet Secretariat, Establishment Division, Islamabad, using the authority of the 2020 Rotation Policy. The correspondence said the 2020 Rotation Policy envisions that a BS-21 official could be transferred from any government and sent to another government, keeping in view its importance. governance, and the Incorporation Division transferred PSP officers from one government to another to equip them with the mixed experience and to ensure fair distribution to all federation units.

It further reads: “Mr. Ghulam Nabi Memon (PSP / BS-21) was placed in the hands of the Sindh Government while serving at the Intelligence Bureau (IB) vide notification dated 22 May 2019. Previously, he served under the Sindh Government and within the geographical borders of Sindh. during his nearly sixteen years of service.

“Mr Ghulam Nabi Memon’s service is required by the Establishment Division for assignments in the Federal Government. It can be emphasized that this will be of benefit to officers, as for promotion to BS-22, diverse experience attributes and well-rotated service are considered important benchmarks.

“Therefore, given the wide staff tenure of the Sindh Government, this aspect of promotion may be affected. In addition, this Division has recently promoted PSP officers and there is one BS-21 officer exceeding the number of vacancies in the Sindh Government. To match the PSP officer who has just been promoted, the BS-21 PSP officer needs to be transferred from Sindh. “

In light of the foregoing, the letter says, the Incorporation Division intends to utilize Memon’s services in the federal government.

Officials in the Sindh government say they have complied with requests moved by the federal government under the 2020 Rotation Policy, as well as a promotional reference they have mentioned about BS-21. However, they said, two officers would retire this year: one or two weeks from now and an officer about three months later. After the retirement of these two officers, the Sindh government will again face a shortage of senior officers.

They said that according to Supplementary Police Inspector General Ghulam Nabi Memon, he had not worked under the Sindh government for a long time, but that he had served the Intelligence Bureau (IB), a federal unit, for more than eight years, including three years stationed in London, England. . In addition, he served for a year at the Frontier Constabulary, including in Punjab. In 2019, his services have been handed over to the Sindh government. Moreover, at this critical time when several important tasks had been given to Memon by the Sindh government, it was impossible to remove him, officials said.

They said they would send a reply to the federal government in the coming weeks, and that they were not considering moving the Karachi police chief. Previously, a story had been published in The News about Rotation Policy and officers being selected on a pick-and-pick basis. A petition was also filed with the provincial high court, which issued a residence order.

Official sources said on Sunday that the Rotation Policy said, “Once an officer has rotated compulsorily under this policy and is assigned to a specific government, then: male officers may not return to the government from ten years prior to completing two years in office. placement stations located outside the geographic limits of the ten-year government of their tenure, provided that periods spent on OSD, earned leave, study leave, training, representation will not be counted for these respective years and one year. . “

The Rotation Policy further says officials who have been in continuous service for 10 or more years in one administration will be transferred to another government in three phases each spanning more than six months and starting with the official who has the longest term in government.

At least rotated is transferred first To meet further shortcomings, officers can be rotated even before the completion of ten years of continuous service in government based on the principle of ‘least rotation first’.

The least rotations will be calculated based on the time spent outside the government for which the officer has served the longest. The officer will be transferred first with the lowest percentage of time spent outside the government to which the officer has served the longest in relation to the total length of service.

The time an officer spends at a federal government position that lies within the geographic boundaries of the provincial government and other governments will be counted to calculate his service to provincial and other governments.

.



image source

New lockdown measures in France and Poland as Germany faces stiff restrictions | Instant News


20 March 2021, 9:17 am

  • French territories will be under lockdown for a new four weeks with travel restrictions and non-essential shops closed
  • Germany is on the verge of imposing tough restrictions on the new coronavirus due to an increase in cases
  • Poland imposed a new lockdown lasting three weeks
  • Worries about a third wave in Europe are growing amid slow vaccine rollouts

People were waiting to leave Paris at the Gare de Lyon station as the new lockdown took effect.

Image: PA


France and Poland started new partial lockdowns this weekend due to concerns about a third wave of Covid-19.

Germany is also on the verge of imposing tighter coronavirus restrictions next week after a sharp rise in infections.

Chancellor Angela Merkel said the German government must apply what she calls an “emergency brake” and reimpose lockdown measures. The country has warned of an ‘exponential growth’ in Covid infections.

The new four-week partial lockdown is already in place for millions of people across France.

This is the latest strict measure brought in among a growing list of countries in Europe that have been forced to respond to signs of a third wave of coronavirus infections.

The start of the lockdown in Paris sparked an exodus of people trying to leave the locked area for unrestricted areas.

Poland also imposed a lockdown consisting of the closure of non-essential shops, hotels, cultural and sports facilities for the next three weeks.

Clinical virologist from the University of Leicester, Dr. Julian Tang, told LBC: “The third wave in Europe will be a bigger problem there than here because the very top population in Britain has now been vaccinated. Europeans don’t have that protection because of slow vaccine rollouts. I think the third wave is still. it could be really bad there. “

About 35,000 new cases were reported nationwide France on Thursday.

The numbers have continued to increase in recent weeks, and around 250 people die from Covid-19 every day.

The new lockdown measures for Paris and several other regions will see non-essential shops close and travel restrictions.

The national curfew from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. – which has been in effect for two months – will now start an hour later.

Prime Minister Jean Castex said France was facing a “third wave” of the pandemic, adding that the new measures would last four weeks.

So far, there have been 4,111,105 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in France and 90,893 deaths, according to the World Health Organization.

In German, restrictions are slowly being eased, with bars, pubs and restaurants allowed to resume outdoor services starting March 22 in areas with a low number of cases.

The hair salon reopened on March 1, while several museums and galleries welcomed returning visitors on March 8.

Several non-essential retailers have also returned ahead of a wider reopening on March 28.

Unlike the UK, people are not allowed to wear cloth face covers in shops or on public transport. Instead, they should use disposable surgical masks or filter face masks such as FFP2.

There are 2,629,750 confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany, with 74,358 deaths, the WHO said.

But the country faces the prospect of tough new restrictions as the third wave hits Europe.

National curfew is expected to remain in effect across Spanish until early May.

However, the restrictions vary from one to the 17 regions of the country.

There are 3,206,116 confirmed coronavirus cases in Spain and 72,793 deaths.

In ItalyNational curfews apply to prevent persons from leaving the home except for work, emergency or health reasons.

The country is divided into red, orange, yellow and white zones, depending on the level of local infection.

In areas designated as “red zones” – where the toughest measures are implemented – nonessential shops are closed, while restaurants and cafes can only serve delivery or delivery.

Bosnia The capital has been forced to tighten action against the new coronavirus as authorities struggle to contain rising infections and a spike in deaths caused by Covid-19.

Sarajevo has mourned dozens of victims this month, as new cases every day in Bosnia increase from just a few hundred to more than 1,700 this week.

Twenty-one new deaths were reported in the capital on Friday alone.

The latest Government data through March 18 shows that of the 28,274,802 injections given in the UK so far, 26,263,732 were the first dose – an increase of 528,260 the previous day.

Some 2,011,070 are second doses, an increase of 132,016.

Listen & Subscribe: Global Player | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify

Last night, Prime Minister Boris Johnson received the first dose of AstraZeneca jab.

She was vaccinated at St Thomas’ Hospital.

The prime minister confirmed he would receive the Oxford / AstraZeneca vaccine at a press conference on Thursday where he dismissed concerns related to blood clots and told the country it was “safe”.

Mr. Johnson received the injection shortly after 6:30 p.m.

With her left arm still rolled up, she gave her two thumbs up to mark the opportunity.

The vaccine was administered by nurse and clinical pod chief, Lily Harrington, at the Westminster Bridge Vaccination Center at St Thomas’ Hospital in central London.

.



image source