Tag Archives: following

The DMX rapper ‘survived’ in the ICU after a drug overdose | Instant News


Rapper DMX has been hospitalized and is in critical condition after experiencing an overdose. Video / Getty

The DMX Grammy-nominated rapper, real name Earl Simmons, remains in a New York hospital in dire straits following a heart attack triggered by a drug overdose.

Despite yesterday’s reports that he is now breathing on his own, that’s still untrue and the rapper remains in a life-support condition and in critical condition.

His family has been allowed to visit him in recent hours, but DMX reportedly remains unresponsive and with “little brain activity”.

TMZ reports DMX received visits from his fiancΓ©, Desiree Lindstrom, and his mother, Arnett Simmons, who were able to see him in ICU because he was “alive”.

The DMX rapper speaks during the 2012 Rock the Bells Festival press conference and the Fan Appreciation Party at the Santos Party House on June 13, 2012 in New York City.  Photo / Getty Images
The DMX rapper speaks during the 2012 Rock the Bells Festival press conference and the Fan Appreciation Party at the Santos Party House on June 13, 2012 in New York City. Photo / Getty Images

Musicians and other celebrities have used social media to send congratulations to the rapper and ask the world to “pray for DMX”.

“Prayers to DMX and their family,” wrote Missy Elliott on Twitter.

Another celebrity chorus joined the congratulations, as the rapper has remained in serious condition since being hospitalized on Friday (US time).

The 50-year-old rapper, who has fathered 15 children, remains at the White Plains hospital in New York.

DMX has previously opened up about his addiction to cocaine, which started when he was 14 after he smoked marijuana laced with the drug.

The rapper rose to stardom in the early 1990s, with his debut album It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot in 1998, which received critical acclaim and commercial success, selling 251,000 copies in its first week of release.

Since then she has topped the charts many times, in the US and around the world.

.



image source

The DMX rapper removes life support, breathes on his own after a heart attack | Instant News


Rapper DMX has been hospitalized and is in critical condition after experiencing an overdose. Video / Getty

US rapper DMX has reportedly been in hospital in serious condition after suffering a heart attack.

The latest information from his attorney says that he has now been removed from life support (starting Sunday morning, New Zealand time) and is breathing on his own again.

“We are concerned. I would not be honest in saying that I am not one to worry about at this point,” said Murray Richman, the rapper’s lawyer.

According to TMZ, a heart attack is triggered by a drug overdose. Entertainment news sites said the rapper’s prognosis was “not good.”

Reports suggest a heart attack was triggered by an overdose and the prognosis is not good.  Photo / Getty Images
Reports suggest a heart attack was triggered by an overdose and the prognosis is not good. Photo / Getty Images

Celebrities have taken to social media to send congratulations to the 50-year-old rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons.

The rapper was admitted to White Plains Hospital in New York on Friday (US time).

This is a story in progress. More to come.

.



image source

‘No time for you as humans’: cricketer great Dale Steyn slams Simon Doull over the friction of ‘midlife crisis’ | Instant News


South African cricket icon Dale Steyn, right, returned fire to former New Zealand player Simon Doull following a bizarre “midlife crisis” in his comments. Photo / news.com.au

South African cricket icon Dale Steyn returned fire from former New Zealand player Simon Doull following a bizarre “midlife crisis” in his comments.

Representing the Quetta Gladiators on Friday night, 37-year-old Steyn claimed 2/44 in a three-goal loss to Peshawar Zalmi in the Pakistani Super League, his first professional match since early December.

While Steyn sat in the dressing room for the first inning, Doull commented on the shoulder length hair from South Africa, which had grown during the Covid lockdown.

“A bit of a midlife crisis with that hair,” Doull said in his comments.

England great David Gower replied: “Hair is locked.”

Steyn did not accept the comments, voicing his disgust on social media.

“If your job is to talk about games, do that,” Steyn tweeted on Saturday night.

“But if you use that broadcast time to abuse your weight, sexual preferences, ethnic background, lifestyle, etc. or even your hairstyle, then I’m afraid I don’t have time for you as a human.

“You and anyone like that to be fair.

“That’s all I want to say.

“It was a great time last night, amazing to play in front of the crowd again, cricket is much better that way.

“We lost but hope to put it together for the rest of our game.

“Thank you for the support. Have a nice weekend everyone.”

Steyn is South Africa’s highest wicket-taker in test cricket, finishing his international career with 439 scalps with an average of 22.95.

Doull played 74 games for New Zealand in his injury-hit career, claiming 134 international goals.

.



image source

Rugby: All Blacks whore Dane Coles has hinted at the possibility of retiring after the 2021 season | Instant News


Dane Coles at All Blacks training. Photos / Photosport

By Sam Smith for RugbyPass

All Blacks and Hurricanes whore Dane Coles has given a big clue that 2021 may be his final year in professional rugby in New Zealand.

Coles has dropped his contract with New Zealand Rugby at the end of this year, but the 34-year-old suggests this could be his last hurray when speaking with RNZ ahead of Aotearoa’s upcoming Super Rugby season.

“The last year I came with Canes. I haven’t completely ruled out staying, but I have to appreciate it this year,” he said.

“It’s always a special time to be back with the players. I’ll try not to think about it [last season with the Hurricanes], I will only try and contribute to the group and I still have the same desire to appear and help the team. “

RNZ reports that Coles plans to retire from rugby at the end of 2021, with last year’s unusual season forcing him to examine his options.

Dane Coles in the Hurricanes v Blues match.  Photos / Photosport
Dane Coles in the Hurricanes v Blues match. Photos / Photosport

While he hasn’t fully committed to hanging up his boots by year’s end, Coles noted that winning the Aotearoa Super Rugby crown with the Hurricanes “will be the last delivery”.

“That would mean a lot more.

“We are working hard to try and achieve that.”

If Coles withdraws from this year’s game, the All Blacks will face the prospect of heading into the 2023 World Cup in France without one of their most experienced players.

With 74 tests, Coles has been a vital part of the All Blacks squad since his international debut in 2012.

He started in New Zealand’s 2015 World Cup final win over Australia, ahead of Keven Mealamu, and regained his place in last year’s All Blacks starting lineup after trailing behind Codie Taylor in the pecking order at the 2019 World Cup.

Taylor stands as an obvious candidate to fill Coles’ shoes if the latter asks for time in his career, while Asafo Aumua continues to develop as a long-term prospect for the All Blacks and the Hurricanes.

Outside of the two, the only other prostitutes in New Zealand with an All Blacks experience are Liam Coltman and Nathan Harris, none of whom have caught the eye these days, whether it’s due to lack of appearances or injuries.

Dane Coles and Wallabies midfielder Nic White fighting over the ball.  Photos / Photosport
Dane Coles and Wallabies midfielder Nic White fighting over the ball. Photos / Photosport

Experienced rake Ash Dixon stands out at Super Rugby and Miter 10 Cup level in 2020, but, at 32 years old, his trial debut may surpass him.

The likes of Kurt Eklund and Andrew Makalio have also been impressed, as reflected in their picks in last year’s North and South Island squads, but the All Blacks remain without an obvious third-choice prostitute to fill a potential void Coles will soon be leaving.

Whether Coles can be persuaded to stay afloat until the next World Cup remains to be seen, but the veteran rower said playing in the tournament in two years is still possible.

“Don’t ever say no,” he told RNZ. “Especially with Roger [Tuivasa-Sheck] come to rugby, it would be awesome to play with him. I don’t rule anything out, I’m likely to keep playing as long as I can until the coach says that’s enough. “

For now, Coles remains intent on helping the Hurricanes to their first title since 2016, with the Wellington franchise kicking off Aotearoa’s Super Rugby campaign against the Blues at Sky Stadium on 27 February.

“I still love playing for New Zealand and I’m still excited about it. I’m still driven to achieve it and it all started with playing for the Hurricanes.”

This article first appeared on RugbyPass and republished with permission.

.



image source

People were flown to hospital in a two-car accident on State Highway 2, near Katikati | Instant News


Police have been called in for a two-car crash in the Western Bay of Plenty. Photos / Files

One person was seriously injured and another was flown to hospital following a two-car accident on State Highway 2 in Western Bay of Plenty near Katikati.

A police media spokesman said police were called for the accident at the intersection of Stokes Rd and Woodland Rd in Tahawai just after 6pm.

A spokesman for St John Ambulance said one person was in serious condition and two other people with minor injuries had been taken to Tauranga Hospital.

One person with minor injuries was flown by helicopter to Tauranga Hospital, he said.

A spokesman for New Zealand’s North and Emergency communications in New Zealand said two people were trapped in a vehicle.

Two pieces of equipment from the Katikati Fire Department were summoned to the scene, he said.

The Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency closes state highways between the Woodland Rd and Kauri Point Rd junctions.

Drivers are advised to follow service instructions on the spot and expect delays.

SH2 TAHAWAI, BAY OF BAY OF – CRASH – 18:35 SUN 10 JAN

Due to an accident, SH2 was CLOSED between the intersection with …

Posted by Waka Kotahi NZ Waikato Transport Agency BoP in Saturday, 9 January 2021

The highway has been reopened.

Police thanked motorists for their patience as emergency services worked at the scene.

.



image source