France on Sunday objected to the inclusion of France’s northeastern Moselle region as a high-risk variant of the virus requiring mandatory daily PCR tests for thousands of cross-border workers.
Earlier this week, French officials in consultation with their German counterparts announced new health measures, which allow cross-border workers to present the results of a PCR test every week.
However, on Sunday, Germany’s Robert Koch Institute added Moselle to its list of “virus variant areas”, a classification based on analysis by the Ministry of Health, Foreign Affairs and Home Affairs and the Ministry of Home Affairs and Buildings and the Interior for areas with a “very high incidence of the spread of the virus. the SARS-CoV-2 corona virus. “
The classification requires those entering Germany from high-risk areas to carry a medical certificate or test results showing that they are not infected with the virus.
Berlin’s decision was expected to take effect on March 2 and was not well received by France. The controls activated on Germany’s borders with Austria, the Czech Republic and Slovakia are reportedly causing massive traffic chaos.
Clement Beaune, France’s Foreign Minister for European Affairs, said he regretted Germany’s decision because the strict measures would cause a border slowdown and affect French workers who have to cross the border for work.
“I regret this German decision […] We are currently in talks with the German authorities, “Beaune told France Inter radio channel.
He added that France wanted to avoid limiting daily PCR virus tests for the 16,000 workers from Moselle.
“They don’t cross for tourist purposes but for work and that’s a problem. This is what we are negotiating, “he added.
Part of the Grand Est region, the Moselle department that borders the German border, was declared a cluster earlier this month, due to the unusually high number of cases with British, South African and Brazilian variants. The current incidence rate of infection is 286 weekly cases per 100,000 population.
French health authorities say testing and screening capacity at the French-German border has increased rapidly with more than 60,000 tests conducted last week and 30,000 additional doses of vaccine sent to Moselle.
Germany has announced that travelers to France’s northeastern Moselle region will face additional restrictions due to the high rate of coronavirus variant cases in this regionBy FRANK JORDANS Associated PressFebruary 28, 2021, 5:01 pm • 3 min ReadShare on FacebookShare on TwitterSend this articleBERLIN – Announcement from Germany On Sunday, travelers to the Moselle region in northeastern France will face additional restrictions due to the high rate of variant cases. coronavirus in this country. includes countries such as the Czech Republic, Portugal, the United Kingdom and parts of Austria. Travelers from these regions must produce a recent negative coronavirus test before entering Germany. The Moselle region in northeastern France includes the city of Metz and borders the German states of La Sarre and Rhineland-Palatinate.Clement Beaune, France’s minister for Europe in business, said France regretted the decision and was in negotiations with Germany to try to alleviate the measures for 16,000 inhabitants of the Moselle who work on the other side of the border. Specifically, he said France does not want them to face the daily PCR virus tests that Germany has applied elsewhere to travelers along certain borders. “We don’t want that,” he said. Beaune said France is pushing for easier use, faster testing methods and for testing every 2-3 days rather than every day. Further talks are expected later on Sunday, he said. The weekly rate of new infections in Moselle, at more than 300 per 100,000, is well above the average for the eastern region of France and the region. national average. In Germany, the number of cases per week is currently nearly 64 per 100,000 population. The Robert Koch Institute registered 7,890 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Germany in the last day, bringing the total to more than 2 , 4 million cases. The death toll rose from 157 to 70045. German officials have warned that virus variants such as the one first detected in Britain – known as B.1.1.7 – could spread more easily and fueling the infection rate at a time when Germany is slowly relaxing. “There are two trains rushing towards each other,” said Karl Lauterbach, epidemiologist and lawmaker within the center-left Social Democrats. He called on Germany to prioritize as many people as possible, as some other countries have done so, including with the AstraZeneca shot currently reserved for those under 65. Businesses and schools should also run weekly tests, or more when possible, and those who test negative should also be able to visit stores again. Bavarian Governor Markus Soeder also called for a change in the way the AstraZeneca shot is used. The vaccine has been avoided by many hopes of getting vaccinated by German company BioNTech and Pfizer, or by a similar vaccine made by US company Moderna. Soeder said on Sunday that it was “an absurd situation” that many of those who want to be vaccinated cannot, while those who cannot want it. “Everything that’s left should just be released,” he said .——— Follow all of the AP pandemic coverage at: https: //apnews.com/hub/coronavirus-pandemichttps: // apnews .com / hub / coronavirus-vaccinehttps: //apnews.com/UnderstandingtheOutbreak.
BERLIN (AP) – Germany announced on Sunday that travelers from France’s northeastern Moselle region would face additional restrictions due to the high rate of coronavirus cases there.
Germany’s disease control agency, the Robert Koch Institute, said it would add Moselle to its list of “variants of concern” which already includes countries such as the Czech Republic, Portugal and Britain.
Travelers from the area must have tested negative for the novel coronavirus recently before entering Germany.
The Moselle region in northeast France includes the city of Metz and borders the German states of Saarland and the Rhineland-Palatinate.
Clement Beaune, France’s minister for European affairs, said France regretted the decision and was in negotiations with Germany to try to ease action for the 16,000 Moselle residents working across the border. In particular, he said France did not want them to face the daily PCR virus tests that Germany implements elsewhere for travelers along some borders.
“We don’t want that,” he said.
He said France encouraged the use of easier and faster testing methods and for testing every 2-3 days rather than every day. Further talks are expected later Sunday, he said.
The Robert Koch Institute recorded 7,890 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Germany over the past day, bringing the total to over 2.4 million cases. The death toll increased by 157 to 70,045.
Ireland will seek to end a two-game losing streak when they face Italy on Saturday (kick-off 14.15 GMT); The Azzurri will be hoping to build on their competitive display in the defeat to England
Last Updated: 27/02/21 8:40 am
Ireland face Italy on Saturday trying to recover from their worst start to the Six Nations campaign.
Andy Farrell’s side have suffered losing streaks to Wales and France, while the hosts are also looking for their first win of the tournament.
Here, we look at some of the main talking points ahead of the game in Rome.
A game that must be won
Ireland’s third-place Six Nations 2020 is considered an “average return” by the Irish Football Union’s Rugby Football Association performance director David Nucifora. Consecutive defeats meant that replicating those moderate achievements was a difficult task.
Ireland are scintillating favorites to win at the Stadio Olimpico and only a convincing win coupled with an accomplished display will likely prevent further scrutiny of progress under Farrell. The head coach has repeatedly expressed satisfaction with what he sees on camera and insists that the pressure makes him “feel alive.” Given the recent results and the level of opposition, first away success from his short term is a must.
This is Johnny
The debate over whether veteran captain Johnny Sexton will be available for the next World Cup is almost certain to continue in the foreseeable future. The 35-year-old said this week that he “might not” be there for the 2023 tournament but later clarified that it was a “throwaway comment” and stressed that he will assess his future year after year.
With fly-half deputies Billy Burns and Ross Byrne unsure each of them will be a long-term successor and Joey Carbery seeking to return from injury, there is little doubt Sexton will remain at the helm of his country’s number 10 for now. He will return from a head injury to win his 97th cap this weekend and will have to prove a steady influence after several difficult weeks.
After a narrow 15-13 defeat to Les Bleus, Farrel spoke of the need for a more creative spark from his back. Ireland have scored two low-key attempts of the tournament to date and both have come from the front – Tadhg Beirne and Ronan Kelleher.
Failure to break stubborn defenses is a common concern. With the backs of Sexton and Jordan Larmour giving up his first starts on the wing since before the 2019 World Cup, Farrell has appointed a back line made up entirely of Leinster players. He will hope that intimacy can lead to a greater spearhead, while facing the weakest side of the competition should provide the perfect stage to escape.
Shuffle the package
While Farrel demands greater ingenuity from his more technically gifted players, his raft of changes takes place mostly between the pack, including a complete front-line overhaul. Only key Iain Henderson and number eight CJ Stander defended their positions from the French game.
Tadhg Furlong’s tight head brace started for his country for the first time in more than a year, with Kelleher getting his chance as a prostitute after a cameo trying to score against France, and Dave Kilcoyne making a rare start to off.
Vice-captain James Ryan returned from a head injury to strengthen the second row, pushing Beirne back into the blind flanker, while Will Connors came in on the open flank.
Italy’s Six Nations losing streak – which lasted six years – is in danger of being extended to 30 games this weekend. The Azzurri head coach, Franco Smith, called a team unchanged after competing fiercely in the defeat to reigning champions England last time, but their poor run still ruined the championship.
While there have been calls for the introduction of promotion and relegation into the tournament via play-off play, Farrell feels Italy deserves to retain their place, demonstrating the progress made under South Africa’s Smith. There are many who disagree.
Italy: 15 Jacopo Trulla, 14 Luca Sperandio, 13 Juan Ignacio Brex, 12 Carlo Canna, 11 Montanna Ioane, 10 Paolo Garbisi, 9 Stephen Varney, 1 Andrea Lovotti, 2 Luca Bigi (c), 3 Marco Riccioni, 4 Marco Lazzaroni, 5 David Sisi, 6 Sebastian Negri, 7 Johan Meyer, 8 Michele Lamaro
NEW DELHI: A few days after that Australia enact laws to make tech giants Google and Facebook payments publisher news content, Indian Newspaper Society (INS), which represents print media in the country, asked Google to increase the portion of publisher advertising revenue by up to 85%. INS also said the technology giant should ensure greater transparency in the revenue reports it provides to publishers. In a letter to Google India, INS President L Adimoolam said publishers faced “a very opaque advertising system” as they could not get the details of Google’s advertising value chain and asked the company to compensate Indian newspapers “comprehensively” for using their content, and sharing ad revenue properly. . Also read: Why the Government Should Make Google, Facebook Pay for Content “The Society insists that Google should increase the share of publisher advertising revenue by up to 85%, and also ensure more transparency in the revenue reports provided to publishers by Google,” INS said in a statement, adding that the content it produces and publishes is proprietary and that “it is this credible content that has given Google authenticity in India from the start”. INS said Google had to pay a hefty fee for newspaper-generated news, suggesting that while publishers had provided complete access to “quality journalism with credible news, breaking news, analysis, information and entertainment”, Google had taken a “big share. “” From advertising spending.
This refers to developments in Australia and other countries where publishers have raised the issue of fair payment for content and for Google to properly share ad revenue. “It is also noted that Google recently agreed to better compensate and pay publishers France, European Union and especially in Australia, “said INS. Referring to advertising as the financial backbone of the news industry, INS also pointed to shrinking newspaper ad revenue in the digital space and said Google should increase its share of publishers. In its letter to the head of Google India, INS said more attention should be paid to the editorial content of registered news publishers in dealing with fake news.