• Niles Vikings (1-5) in Lakeshore Lancers (4-2), 19:00: Division 3-Region 10-District 19 opener at Al Stockman Stadium against former Western Division rivals Southwest Michigan Athletics Conference. … The Lancers have won 17 consecutive times and have a 26-2 draw in a draw following last season’s 42-20 win. … Viking coach Joe Sassano, led by RB-LB Colin Hess and DE-OG Dakota Hinkle, lost 20-0 to Dowagiac. … Niles’s last win in a draw was 20-6 in the 2003 regular season.… Coach Denny Dock’s Lancers suffered a 43-6 loss to No. DeWitt. 1.… The winner advances to play the Sturgis-Coldwater winner in the semi-finals of 6 November.
• South Haven Rams (4-2) at Dowagiac Chieftains (3-3), 19:00: Opener for Division 5-Region 19-District 37 on Field Chris Taylor-Alumni against former rivals Wolverine Territory. … The Dowagiac have a 20-2 lead in draw, having won five in a row including 36-0 last season. … Chief coach Randy Brooks, led by Malakai Haines and David Collier, beat Niles 20-0 to end the regular season. … Rams coach Mark Eddy on a three-game winning streak following a 65-20 win over Hartford. … South Haven’s last win over Dowagiac was 34-28 in the 2014 campaign.… The winner advances to play Catholic winner Berrien Springs-Lansing in the semi-finals of 6 November.
• Comstock Colts (3-3) at Brandywine Bobcats (3-3), 19.00: Opener for Division 6-Territory 23-District 45 at Selge Field. … Brandywine has a draw 4-1 and has won the last three games, including 68-0 in 2019.… Bobcats from coach Mike Nate, led by midfielder Gabe Gouin, on a two-game losing streak following a 20-6 loss to Buchanan to end the season regular. … Colts coach Jason Hayes beat Decatur 34-20 in the final of the regular season. … Comstock’s only win over Brandywine was 20-6 during the 2016 season… The winner travels to No. 6 Buchanan, who moved to the semifinals on November 6 after Fennville surrendered.
• Cassopolis Rangers (2-4) in Mendon Hornets (5-1), 19:00: Division 8-Region 31-District 61’s opener against the Southwest 10 Conference. … The team will compete on October 16th but Rangers have to give up due to the COVID-19 problem. … Mendon led the series 7-4 but Cassopolis won 28-0 during the 2019 campaign.… Rangers from coach Steve Green, led by Ahsan Hart and Daishean Jamison, lost 41-0 at Berrien Springs. … Hornets coach Robert Kretschman won 58-7 at Galesburg-Augusta last week. … The winner advances to play the Decatur-Reading winner in the semi-finals of 6 November.
– John Fineran, Tribune Correspondent