Tag Archives: hits

Karachi temperatures reached 41.5 ° C | Instant News


– AFP / Files

The Meteorological Department of Pakistan (PMD) said Wednesday that the maximum temperature in Karachi was recorded at 41.5 ° C today. The temperature rose more than one degree compared to yesterday’s 40.2 ° C.

The meteorological department estimates the temperature of the port city will most likely remain between 39-41 ° C for the next three days, with the Sindh government directing all relevant authorities to take the necessary action to save lives from the heat wave.

Weather elements Day 1 (March 31) Day 2 (April 1) Day 3 (April 2)
Weather Hot and dry Hot and dry Hot and dry
Maximum temperature (° C) 39-41 ° C 39-41 ° C 39-41 ° C
Minimum temperature (° C) 26 ° C 24-26 ° C 24-26 ° C
Morning humidity 26% 15-25% 20-30%
Night humidity 5-15% 5-15% 5-15%

A day earlier, the PMD had issued warnings about many parts of the country that were hit by the first heat wave of the season this week.

According to the PMD spokesperson, most of the hot and dry weather is expected during this week as heat wave conditions are likely to occur over large parts of the country’s plains.

Sindh, South Punjab and East and South Balochistan will remain in the grip of extremely hot and dry weather from Tuesday to Saturday.

“Dust-generating winds are expected in Sindh and Balochistan during periods with daytime temperatures remaining above normal (04-06 ° C higher) in most parts of the region,” he said.

The spokesman said temperatures were also likely to rise in most of the country’s sub-mountainous areas.

.



image source

Karachi temperatures reached 40.2 ° C | Instant News


A volunteer douses a man with water during a heat wave in Karachi. – AFP / Files

The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), predicting a heat wave in the coming week, said Tuesday temperatures in Karachi reached 40.2 ° C, with a humidity of 49%.

The PMD, in a statement, said: “Especially hot and dry weather is expected during this week as heat wave conditions are likely to occur over large parts of the country’s plains.”

Sindh, South Punjab and East and South Balochistan will remain in the grip of extremely hot and dry weather from Tuesday to Saturday, he said.

“Temperatures are also likely to increase in most of the sub-mountainous areas of the country,” he said, adding that dust-generating winds are expected in Sindh and Balochistan during this period.

“Daytime temperatures are expected to remain above normal (04-06 ° C) in most of the plains,” he added.

.



image source

Boxing: Joseph Parker retaliated after taunts from heavyweight rivals | Instant News


Sports

The two fighters Joseph Parker hoped to next publicly mocked him after his defeat to Junior Fa at the weekend, but the Kiwi heavyweight suffered nothing.

Parker, the WBO number three fighter, beat the Fa by unanimous decision on Saturday night, even though many viewers thought the Fa deserved more points than the jury eventually awarded him.

The fact that the fight went so far, after Parker’s team admitted before the match they needed an early knock-out to make a statement, has opened New Zealand’s top heavyweights to criticism. And it is the potential opponents who score the goals first.

Even before Saturday’s bout, Parker was eyeing Derek Chisora ​​and the winner of the title fight while Oleksandr Usyk and Joe Joyce WBO are believed to be scheduled for later this year.

“I’m open to fighting anyone,” Parker told Sky Sports News. “But with talks from my promoters, Eddie Hearn and Matchroom and with [manager] David Higgins, they’ve got a clear path for me this year.

“Take care of Junior, then against Chisora, then against the winners Usyk and Joyce.”

Looking at Chisora’s social media accounts, this ever-present British competitor is in no way constrained by prospects.

Post on Twitter immediately after the end of the fight, Chisora ​​posted a photo of herself and Parker as well as their career statistics; however Parker’s head has been replaced with a chicken and the hashtag #chisoravchicken has been posted on the side.

Derek Chisora ​​takes down the provocative Joseph Parker.  Photo / Twitter
Derek Chisora ​​takes down the provocative Joseph Parker. Photo / Twitter

Chisora ​​confirmed with Sky Sports UK that the two sides are in discussions to fight and that he is not at all impressed with the Auckland game.

“The fighting is not good,” said Chisora. “The simple reason is they don’t train much. They are not fit, they are not training hard enough. There is no fear factor for either of them.”

As soon as Parker saw Chisora’s post, he immediately replied; labeled the British as “donkeys” afraid to fight outside Great Britain, let alone New Zealand.

“Come to NZ if you think you’ve got what a donkey needs. I’ll get this done anywhere,” Parker wrote on Twitter as he tagged his manager David Higgins, British promoter Eddie Hearn and Chisora ​​promoter, David Haye.

This isn’t the first time Parker and Chisora ​​have exchanged verbal blows. In 2019 Parker promised to send Chisora ​​into retirement with a knockout defeat in front of his London supporters – if he ever gets another chance.

“I told him beforehand that I would retire him and I would be his last fight. Locked in the fight, I will put on a good show. He will get the money he wants, but I will make him retire. He has a good career,” said Parker. to Sky Sports UK at the time.

Meanwhile, Joyce also took to Twitter after watching the Parker-Fa fight to say she wasn’t threatened by what she saw either.

“Either of the two, it doesn’t matter,” he wrote.

For Parker, Chisora ​​will now likely be the first of those fighters in a hugely popular bout in London where both fighters have huge fan bases, and then, perhaps, a mandatory challenge to the WBO belt he once held against Joyce, or Usyk.

.



image source

Basketball: New Zealand Breakers star Tom Abercrombie countered by claiming that his family was being given special quarantine care | Instant News


Sports

Tall Black Tom Abercrombie with his wife Monique-Raquel. Photo / Getty

New Zealand Breakers and Tall Blacks basketball player Tom Abercrombie has criticized his family for being given a special MIQ and quarantine treatment based on his status as a sports star.

Abercrombie’s wife, Monique-Raquel and their three children are granted exemptions for completing their 14 days of mandatory home quarantine after traveling back from Australia.

Monique-Raquel tagged Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on social media, complaining about the state of the hotel room they were housed in, which is believed to be in a facility near Auckland International Airport.

Abercrombie, who is in Australia with other members of the Breakers team, told Newstalk ZB’s Heather du Plessis-Allan that two of their three children have high needs, prompting them to apply for medical exemptions.

“[They] have significant behavioral and medical problems, I don’t want to go into detail about what they are, “he said.” The evidence we put forth in our app is sufficient for the power to decide it’s the best thing for them, so they’re obviously significant enough for those people to make that decision.

The fact that I am a basketball player or where I live has absolutely nothing to do with that decision and I would be very disappointed if that happened.

“I am very disappointed and frustrated.”

Abercrombie said he and his family were well aware their application might be rejected – they were likely satisfied.

“We submitted an exemption on the assumption that we might not get it, obviously very hard to get and not everyone gets it and we are very grateful.

“Otherwise, they will have to isolate themselves in the facility.”

He added they would be happy to cover the additional costs if needed.

Tom Abercrombie plays for the Breakers against the Adelaide 36ers.  Photo / Getty
Tom Abercrombie plays for the Breakers against the Adelaide 36ers. Photo / Getty

The 33-year-old’s family traveled with him to Melbourne before the start of the Australian NBL season, where the team will be based. However, due to the Covid-19 outbreak in early January in Victoria, the club was forced to move again, this time to Hobart.

Abercrombie’s wife and son then chose to go home. They were greeted by isolation facilities which he said were “concerning”.

He admits that looking back, complaining on social media was not the right first step.

“Given the situation again, I don’t think it’s the right way to do things. But it was an emotional and stressful time for my wife, we literally had two hours to pack our bags in Tasmania, catch the plane the next two hours and she flew all the way back to New Zealand from Melbourne with little sleep.

“If he had more time, we would not publicize the complaint, but also the situation he faced in managed isolation which I think is not suitable for families or individuals who come in with mold and objects on the windowsill where a potential virus can live. “

Last month, Abercrombie told NZME – after moving to Hobart – he worries that the task of looking after three children could become tough work for his wife when away from her usual home.

The quarantine issue is just another fire Abercrombie has to put out, which turns out to be a trying start for the NBL season.

He and his Breakers teammates have had to battle the ongoing Covid-related issues since arriving in Australia.

The club were forced to remain in Adelaide last week following their first two games of the season due to players feeling unwell, leading to preventive testing and staying in South Australia.

They have been allowed to return to training, and will next play Cairns Taipans on Saturday.

.



image source

FBR e-surveillance found an error in the middle of the sugarcane harvest season | Instant News


KARACHI: The government’s plan to carry out online surveillance of sugar production has faced technical obstacles as a real-time video connection to the tax system could not be established with demolitions reaching midpoint, sources said on Tuesday.

The surveillance cameras initially failed to capture manufacturing activity at the sugar factory, they said.

The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) asked sugar mills to install a video analysis system (VAS) to share real-time production activities before January 15.

Sources at the Karachi Large Taxpayer Office (LTO) said at least two sugar mills had so far implemented VAS from designated vendors, but the gadgets were unable to sync production line records with FBR’s main database. LTO Karachi has jurisdiction over 29 sugar mills.

FBR in November last year issued a list of seven vendors. The source said vendors complained that sugar factories were located in different parts of the country and they were unable to demonstrate equipment due to travel and other expenses.

“To resolve the problem between the sugar factory and the vendor, a meeting is scheduled for January 13 (today) at the FBR headquarters,” said a source.

The source said implementing VAS in sugar mills would not be possible during the current crushing season. The sugar crushing season runs from November to March.

FBR has appointed its sugar mill officials as a temporary measure until FBR develops a real-time video link to the crushing and production processes.

Previously, FBR extended the VAS implementation to January 15 after receiving requests from members of the Pakistan Sugar Factory Association (PSMA) as well as pre-qualified vendors to extend deadlines as tasks could not be completed mainly due to the ongoing COVID-19 challenges.

Last September, FBR introduced video analytics rules for electronic monitoring of the production of certain goods through statutory orders. The following month, PSMA signed a memorandum of understanding for the application of video analytics rules.

Video analytics technology has been introduced to receive production data from manufacturing sites and use it for tax collection purposes.

FBR allows sugar mills to send final notifications to authorized vendors to send their bids for VAS installations to mills.

FBR said the sugar factory will issue work orders to the vendors that are ultimately selected. The vendor must install the VA system at the sugar mill within 15 days.

“Case of non-compliance

part of either party (sugar factory or vendor) can be handled according to law, “he said in a statement.

.



image source