Known for his fiery sprints on the pitch after taking the net, Imran Tahir |The new way of celebrating is turning Twitter into a frenzy. The former South African spinner who is part of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2020 shows all his new ways of celebrating goals in Qualifier 1.
The 41-year-old, playing for Multan Sultans, hit a brilliant run to knock out Karachi Kings Sharjeel Khan’s opener during their pursuit of 142 runs in the second half. Tahir was placed in the middle of a deep goal and he ran across to take a good catch in the 4th round.
Tahir follows the goal with a unique celebration as he poses with the ball while lying flat on the ground. Tahir ditched his usual way of celebrating long distance runs, but instead caught the eye with a relaxed pose.
Sohail Tanvir got rid of Sharjeel Khan cheap and Imran Tahir took a really good catch
– Cricingif (@_cricingif) November 14, 2020
Seeing this, social media quickly turned them into memes:
– Rana Irfan (@Ranalrfan) November 14, 2020
Like a King – Imran Tahir. Taking a brilliant catch follows this celebration. pic.twitter.com/Hn8kEAuyFB
– Johns. (@Crazy) November 14, 2020
– Iqrar Alee Ameer (rar IqrarAlee112) November 14, 2020
Nobody: Imran Tahir after taking the net: pic.twitter.com/FpliBm9iaX
– BABAR (@Babar__says) November 14, 2020
– Mansoor Aziz (@ Mansoor56148704) November 14, 2020
– Muhammad Ihsan (@ ihsan_im7) November 14, 2020
– Nabeel (@ aja_mere7) November 14, 2020
The 2020 PSL resumes after a long break on Saturday and the Karachi Kings will be seen taking on Lahore Qalandar in the final.