Tag Archives: kidnapping

Players with different abilities die after being injured in an attempted kidnapping | Instant News


KARACHI: In a shocking incident, a taekwondo player of differing abilities on Sunday died after he was left critically injured following an alleged kidnapping in Karachi, ARY NEWS reported.

According to the details, a player with different abilities, Ubaid Ullah, was kidnapped a month earlier and four days later he recovered in a critical injury situation.

“Ubaid Ullah was kidnapped in March from the Mominabad area and later he was found injured from the Gulistan-e-Jauhar area,” said the father of the victim, adding that he was tortured with multiple head wounds.

He said that the victim remained in Jinnah Hospital for a month and then died from his injuries today.

Not yet another incident about violence against people of different abilities, a man was gang-raped in a rickshaw by a driver and two other accomplices in Lahore.

According to the details, a man with different abilities hired a rickshaw to go to a bakery in the Township, where he used to work as a seller.

“The rickshaw driver instead of going to the bakery, took the tricycle to a nearby field, where he and two other gangs raped the man with disabilities,” said the victim’s family.

The police have registered the FIR against the defendants, but they have not arrested them. An investigating officer of the matter said that the victim’s medical report also confirmed that she was raped.

Comment

comment

.



image source

SHC dropped the kidnapping case after finding out the girl had flown alone to England | Instant News



The Sindh High Court (SHC) has dropped a criminal case regarding the alleged kidnapping of a girl from Clifton after it was revealed that she left Pakistan alone and now lives with her mother in England.

The order came on the petition of the Council of Abdullah Ahmed Farooqui, who moved the court against the disappearance of his daughter from the Dolmen Mall area on February 19. Investigating officers from the Boat Basin police station filed a progress report, which according to the report, police found that the girl was seen entering a shopping mall in her school uniform and then being taken in a white jeep to Karachi airport on the same day.

The IO said the girl had flown abroad on February 19 on a temporary passport issued by the Deputy of the British High Commission on February 10. The officer said that the applicant had four daughters, including the girl, with his first wife, who had lived in England after the couple’s divorce.

The petitioner had informed the police that the girl would reach adulthood on March 1, and that she had been in contact with her mother for two or three months. He suspected that he had flown to England without any permission or gesture.

After going through the IO report, the chair of the SHC division headed by Judge Mohammad Karim Khan Agha said the girl was no longer missing, apparently living in England with her biological mother of her own accord and is 18 years old. The bench said that since the girl was no longer a missing person and she had not been kidnapped, the registered FIR at the Boat Basin police station was hereby canceled.

Critics

In another case of alleged enforced disappearance, the court took exception to the police for not being able to collect financial details of a man who had been missing for more than four years.

Hearing Syamim Ara’s petition against the alleged enforced disappearance of Syed Arif Hussain, who has been missing since January 22, 2017, the judge said that even though the person was missing for more than four years, the police were still unable to investigate the latter. his bank account activity.

The court said the response submitted by the police was completely unacceptable as it clearly indicated that the Sindh police chief might not even bother reading the report before signing it.

The court also said that a police officer of high rank and experience should realize that it is not a difficult task to collect account details of a missing person and examine his latest activity in four years.

The panel ordered the IGP to appear in person and explain why such a report, which could at best be taken for granted, was signed by it and filed in court. The bench also ordered the National Police Chief to deliver a detailed report, including progress made and actions taken to recover the missing.

The court also took exception to non-compliance with a court order by the Interior Ministry regarding the submission of reports from the internment center in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The judge said that it appeared the interior secretary was least interested in complying with court orders even though the federal government expressed great concern over missing persons.

The court ordered the interior ministry to submit a list of people held in detention centers, saying that if the documents were not filed, the interior secretary had to appear in person so that a suitable order could be issued against him.

.



image source

Woman arrested for kidnapping her son in Karachi | Instant News


KARACHI: Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested a woman and her sister-in-law on suspicion of carrying out a fake kidnapping for a ransom offer from a former son in Karachi, ARY NEWS reported.

According to police, the woman and her brother-in-law kidnapped her 10-year-old son, Ahmed Ali, and demanded ransom from her husband.

“We have arrested Humera and his brother-in-law Hashim in a joint attack carried out by AVCC and Western police,” they said, adding that money received as ransom and cell phones were also taken from their possession.

The police have registered a case against the suspect for the complaint from the child’s father and submitted it to the AVCC for further investigation into the matter.

The woman on the other hand claims that her husband did not return the money to her that he earned after keeping his jewelery in exchange for money. “This makes us make a ransom offer,” he said.

The police have handed over the child to his father.

Read more: Female attorney membership was terminated for pretending to be kidnapped

This is not the first time such crimes have been reported in the country just, a woman kidnapped her son to involve her rival in a fake case in Pakpattan’s Arifwala tehsil.

They said the woman hid her eight year old son and reported him lost. The minor was later found from her brother’s residence, they added.

During the investigation, police said, he confessed to having undertaken this entire episode to file a bogus case against a rival. The first information report (FIR) was registered against the woman, her husband and brother.

Comment

comment

.



image source

ATC charges the Bisma Saleem kidnapping case | Instant News


KARACHI:

The anti-terrorism court (ATC) charged the defendant in the kidnapping case of Bisma Saleem on Saturday.

The court also summoned witnesses at the next trial after the defendants denied the charges against them.

The court directed the accused and witnesses to confirm attendance at the next hearing on March 30.

One defendant, Agha Mansoor, was declared in the case, while the other defendants, Muzaffar alias Mozi, Fayaz Solangi, Tariq Zohaib Qureshi and Waseem Raja were detained.

According to the police, the defendants kidnapped Dua Mangi and Bisma Saleem and collected ransoms for their release.

The Uzair Baloch case

Separately, ATC summoned witnesses at the next trial of the murder case registered against gangster Lyari Uzair Baloch, who was presented before the court.

The prosecutor presented his witnesses before the court who recorded his statement.

The witness stated that he had taken Ali’s body from the hospital.

The court summoned more witnesses at the next trial and postponed trials until April 10.

According to the police, Uzair Baloch and Zafar Baloch were nominated as suspects in the case registered at the Kalri Police.

Terrorist facilitation

In addition, the court directed all defendants to ensure attendance at the next hearing of cases relating to terrorist medical facilitation.

An ATC is listening to the case at the Karachi Central Prison.

Former Karachi mayor Wasim Akhtar and leader of the Muttahida Qaumi-Pakistan Movement Rauf Siddiqui appeared before the court, while other accused, including Dr Asim’s wife, Qadir Patel and Anis Qaimkhani, were absent.

Lawyers for the defendants, who were not present at the trial, requested the release of their respective clients from attending the trial of the case.

Government lawyers also pleaded the defense that the witness did not want to record his testimony.

The court directed all defendants and witnesses to confirm attendance at the next hearing on April 10.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 21st, 2021.

.



image source

Italian prosecutors tried Salvini on charges of kidnapping migrants | Instant News


FILE PHOTOS: Right wing leader Matteo Salvini speaks during a press conference, in Catania, Italy, October 3, 2020. REUTERS / Antonio Parrinello

ROME (Reuters) – An Italian prosecutor officially on Saturday called on far-right League leader Matteo Salvini to stand trial for kidnapping over his decision to prevent more than 100 migrants from landing in the country in 2019.

Salvini’s decision, made while he was interior minister, left migrants stranded at sea until prosecutors ordered the seizure of the ship and the evacuation of those on board.

Salvini defended his actions on Saturday and said he was not worried about the prosecutor’s appeal that was part of a long-running legal process – the Italian Senate authorized the court to proceed with a kidnapping investigation last year.

β€œI am proud to have worked to protect my country, respect the law, wake up Europe and save lives. If this causes me trouble and suffering, I will gladly accept it, “Salvini wrote on Facebook.

During his 14 months as interior minister, Salvini stopped several ships from docking in Italy in an attempt to stop the flow of migrants. He regularly accuses migrant rescue charities of effectively encouraging people smuggling.

He could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted at the end of a tortuous three-stage trial. Confidence that could definitely deter him from government office.

Prosecutors asked for the charges at a preliminary hearing in Sicily’s capital, Palermo. The final decision on whether to proceed remains with the senior judge.

Open Arms, the charity that operates the migrant rescue ship at the heart of the case, said it supported the prosecution’s plea.

“Violating the rights of vulnerable people is a crime in any democratic country,” he wrote on Twitter.

Reporting by Angelo Amante; Edited by Andrew Heavens

.



image source