The Brazilian legend says the Argentine got away with a controversial goal at club level before repeating the trick against England on the biggest stage.
Zico claims that Diego Maradona’s first ‘Hand of God’ was scored Italy, and that he was suspended for four games for protesting the referee’s decision to award a goal.
Past and present football legends have paid tribute to Maradona following his death at the age of 60 last Wednesday.
Ex Argentina The midfielder, widely regarded as the best player of all time, died at his home in Buenos Aires after suffering a heart attack.
Pele, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and many more paid tribute to the World Cup winners while being members EnglishThe 1986 squad had revived their famous match with La Albiceleste at the Azteca Stadium Mexico City.
Ex-Napoli and Barcelona The superstar got away by punching the ball past Shilton to open the scoring, before showing off a more brilliant side to his game by scoring a superb solo goal after taking the ball in his own section.
Zico claims Maradona also escaped punishment for handling the ball in goal two years earlier against Napoli Udinese, and he ended up getting a red card for praising the referee sarcastically after the goal was awarded.
“It was 1984, I just arrived in Udine. I didn’t play at Napoli and he scored two goals. ” Brazil great Gazzetta dello Sport. “We were 2-1 up but Diego scored the equalizer. The game was almost over when they hit the bar and Diego anticipated our goalkeeper to score with his hand.
The referee and his assistant did not notice. I was furious, I was running behind the ref and I told him: ‘Congratulations, keep going like this, you are fine.’ I was sent off and suspended for four games.
“I used to joke with him about his goals, I used to tell him: ‘You are exercising God’s Hand with us.’ He said: ‘You are the good part of football, the bad me.’ “
Asked where he placed Maradona in the football hall of fame, Zico added: “Maradona was among the five best players I have seen: Garrincha, Pele, Diego, Cruijff and Beckenbauer.”
The last few seasons have seen League developed a reputation as a safe haven for stray Premier League players.
Likes from Alexis SanchezChris Smalling and Romelu Lukaku have seized new opportunities to rediscover what they had missed in the English top flight, producing great performances with consistency for their new club.
But after six league games, it’s safe to say that ItalyThe top division should now be seen as a veteran playground, with the other two former Manchester United the stars illuminate Serie A.
Serie A is fast becoming the playground of veterans with two strikers who have always performed well
Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo lead the scoresheet after six league games
Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo appeared unstoppable in Italy. The Swede is leading the race for the Capocannoniere award after scoring an incredible 10 goals in six league games.
The 39-year-old’s return to European football late last year was met with shock among fans and pundits.
Given the age of the former Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain star, what could it be for Stefano Pioli’s Milan?
But Ibrahimovic has proven once again that you put him in danger.
The 39-year-old has likened himself to Benjamin Button who keeps repeating those years
The Swede scored the double and gave Kalidou Koulibaly the lead in the win over Napoli
‘I am like Benjamin Button, I am born old and I die young,’ he once quipped his famously.
If his performance in this opening stanza is anything to go by, he will quit this season.
Against a confident Napoli side, with one of Europe’s best center-backs at Kalidou Koulibaly on display, Ibrahimovic turns back to those years with a stellar display for Pioli’s side at the San Paolo.
The Milan talisman scored his first goal with a beautiful header from a cross which left Alex Meret without a chance between the crossbar. The second, a beat with the thigh just after half-time, is a typical hunter endeavor.
AC Milan leads Serie A and usually very few can match Ibrahimovic
However, Ronaldo displayed a form that suited the former Barcelona and PSG striker
He was substituted with 10 minutes remaining and Italian media reported he had a hamstring problem, which would be a huge concern for Pioli.
In a form like this, it seemed absurd for his rivals to follow suit. Unless, of course, you are Cristiano Ronaldo.
It has become increasingly clear how much this Juventus team relies on their 35 year old superstar. New boss Andrea Pirlo has often praised his striker’s contribution, but Ronaldo’s performance for the Old Lady speaks for itself.
Most recently, against Cagliari, shows why the Portuguese supremo is in a league of his own.
The Portuguese player scored two incredible goals as Juventus beat Cagliari on Saturday
Juve caught a glimpse of life without Ronaldo and looked out of control in the defeat to Barcelona
The Juventus forward scored two incredible goals, the first of which was Ronaldo’s old reminder as he cut in from the left, away from two defenders before firing into the bottom corner.
The second exemplifies a knowledgeable forward like him in recent years, coming to finish at the back post with a deft touch that puts Pirlo’s side within touching distance of league leaders Milan.
Juve appear to be out of control and often lacking ideas without Ronaldo in the Champions League clash against Barcelona, a sign of what will happen if the Portuguese leaves amid reports linking the 35-year-old with a return to Madrid.
Juventus’ ambition to win 10 consecutive league titles appears to rest on Ronaldo’s shoulders
We are often told that this is a young men’s game, and that the age of 30 is to be feared among the players, with steady deterioration of form and ability inevitable. Father’s time, it is often said, was invincible.
But at the combined age of 74, Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo paid for the myth, both of which are examples of the extraordinary dedication it takes to squeeze every potential out of themselves.
True, no one could replicate the incredible contribution made as a younger man. Yet as Charles Darwin once said, they are the ones who are best adapted to their changing environment that survive and thrive.
Romelu Lukaku has started strong and will have to maintain that form to keep up with the pair
Ibrahimovic rarely, if at all, runs the channels now, chasing loose balls that the young whippersnapper would chase. Instead, he lets his air skills and perfect first touch be the basis of his contributions, often the basis for attacks.
Ronaldo still has the speed to keep the defenders, and is much faster than the Swede so he is not limited in attacking movements. But the Portuguese were disciplined in staying within the wide limits of the penalty box.
However, it’s not the two-horse race for the golden boot that many think will happen, with Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku following two ever-green veterans.
The Inter striker continued his fine form from his debut campaign in Italy, scoring seven goals in seven league games to get right behind Ronaldo on the scoresheet.
Ibrahimovic (left) and Ronaldo (right) will play a big role in winning the Scudetto
That’s not really the case for the Belgian in Manchester, but under Antonio Conte he is enjoying a new life, with his style of play often reflecting one of the break-ups that saw many Serie A teams crushed afterwards.
All the pressure is on Juve to defend their crown, having dominated year after year, the last decade, with Inter and AC Milan following in the Old Lady’s footsteps.
Each team is spearheaded by three elite goalscorers who, except for Lazio’s Ciro Immobile, are ahead and shoulder to shoulder above the rest of the division.
It can be said that the ambition of AC Milan, Inter and Juve rests on the shoulders of their respective strikers.
The New Zealand Warriors will reportedly offer the controversial Brisbane Broncos prop Matt Lodge a multimillion dollar contract.
Channel Nine believes in the LodgeThe son-in-law of Warriors hiring manager Peter O’Sullivan has been thrown into the Broncos – a club with many big attackers in their squad.
The Warriors, however, are desperate for big men with experience, especially following the retirement of veteran supporter Adam Blair in September.
Axed Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold backed Lodge to become the club’s next captain in 2018 while NSW coach Brad Fittler revealed Lodge was on his radar for Origin elections earlier this year.
However, Lodge’s prowess with the ball has also come along with his controversial history off the pitch.
In 2015, Lodge was arrested in New York for a drunken house invasion. In the video of the incident, Lodge is seen punching holes in the wall and screaming abuse. Lodge’s contract with the Tigers was terminated on 18 October. Lodge spent two weeks in prison after being released to serve the community.
Lodge was ordered to pay more than $ A1.6 million in damages in the case, after he pleaded guilty to charges of reckless misdemeanor.
He avoided 12 months in prison in the US with plea deals to compensate the victims.
The Warriors have lost a stack of players they have reportedly targeted previously – including Lodge in 2019. This has led to the idea that the club is ripe to be used as a bargaining chip in negotiations, with players’ alleged interest and large bids helping to bolster deals for those who do not. intend to actually move to Auckland.
The 25-year-old earns nearly $ NZ1 million per season at the Broncos and is likely to get a raise at the Warriors if the deal is finalized.
France will mourn the loss of former star winger Christophe Dominici amid cathedral-like composure before focusing on Italy’s challenge with emergency teams in the Autumn Nations Cup on Saturday.
Players will wear his nickname Domi on their left arm under a giant photo of him at the Stade de France, where several minutes of silence will be held.
“You’ve never met a man like him twice,” said former France captain Pascal Pape, who is close to Dominici. France coach Fabien Galthie has also lost an old friend and teammate.
Before kickoff, the team will pause to remember Dominici, who died on Tuesday aged 48.
Dominici’s death sent shock waves through rugby and reached the seats of the French parliament, where politicians in the National Assembly stood without being asked and praised him as a tribute.
Due to the coronavirus, there will be no crowds at the 81,000-seat stadium to say goodbye to Dominici.
Many of his friends in rugby belong to the current French hierarchy: Federation President Bernard Laporte – a former French coach who shares close ties with Dominici; Galthie and his assistant Raphael Ibanez – all teammates during a heyday that defined French talent in a brash style.
Galthie also played alongside Dominici at the Stade Francais, before training him there.
Dominici scored 25 trial tests in a glorious decade with the national team, highlighted by New Zealand’s sensational disappointment at the 1999 and 2007 Rugby World Cups.
“We have lost a friend. We are fighting, fighting to make it happen,” Laporte said Wednesday. “I tell them: I hope you have one thing, that you have the same career as him.”
On Saturday, Galthie must try their best to focus on a win with 13 changes following their 22-15 win in Scotland last weekend, including five new faces and a pack boasting nearly a dozen caps.
The change comes due to an agreement on player rotation between the French Rugby Federation and French league clubs, limiting players to only three out of six international players.
“The squad has limited experience, but that’s the deal. We know that and we will work on it,” said Galthie. “At the level at which we play, everyone has to be ready anytime or anywhere.”
Baptiste Serin’s scrum-half is one of three players with 20 caps or more, and he replaces Charles Ollivon as captain. “It was precisely because he was so committed that we gave him this role,” said Galthie. “He wants to lead this team.”
France are second in Group B behind Scotland – as Scotland have already been awarded a win for their canceled Test with Fiji – and need a win to qualify for the playoff final on December 6, where they will likely face England at Twickenham.
The Azzurri replaced three
Italy have called up winger Luca Sperandio for the first time in nearly two years as they have made three changes to their Autumn Cup of Nations side against France in Paris.
24-year-old Sperandio, who won his last six caps against France in Rome in March 2019, replaces Mattia Bellini.
Braam Steyn moved to No. 8 for the injured Jake Polledri with Maxime Mbanda and Johan Meyer coming onto the flanks. Mbanda started the game for Italy for the first time since last year’s World Cup after Sebastien Negri quit with an adductor injury.
Cristian Stoian, born in Moldova but a key player in Italy’s junior international, is one of two players not yet on the bench with flanker Michele Lamaro.
Italy last played two weeks ago in the Autumn Nations Cup, losing 28-17 at home to Scotland, but their second match against Fiji was canceled due to mass COVID-19 infection at the Pacific Island camp.
“We have an extra day to better prepare for this meeting,” said coach Franco Smith as he named the team.
“Last week’s cancellation increased our desire to take to the pitch on Saturday against France.
“It will be an intense match in which we will have the opportunity to see other interesting young people at work as we continue on our path to expanding our base and building DNA,” said Smith.
History will be made when Nigel Owens becomes the first referee to referee 100 tests. The 49-year-old Welshman made his first test 17 years ago, and has refereed four Rugby World Cups.
Inter Milan are looking to swap out-of-favor Christian Eriksen for Manchester United midfielder Fred or Arsenal ‘Granit Xhaka’ just a year after signing him from Tottenham as Antonio Conte wants to get rid of the £ 17.5m flop.
Inter Milan are still trying to find a new club for Christian Eriksen’s midfield failure
The former Tottenham star has yet to settle at the San Siro under Antonio Conte
Inter hope to find a swap deal for the Denmark international in January
They are interested in Fred from Manchester United and Granit Xhaka from Arsenal