Tag Archives: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

German Embassy staff declare persona non grata – Mon, 4 January 2021 | Instant News


The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said German embassy staff who allegedly visited the headquarters of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) in Petamburan, Central Jakarta, were not welcome in Indonesia after he left the country soon after pictures of the visit purportedly circulated on social media last. Sunday. The FPI leadership previously claimed that official representatives of the German Embassy visited the group’s headquarters on 18 December. But the embassy said the staff was only trying to get a picture of the security situation during the so-called “1812 Protest” that FPI supporters staged that day, as demonstrations passed near the building. The embassy also said the person was acting on personal initiative and not on behalf of embassy. On Tuesday, Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said the staff had left Indonesia on December 21 and would …

.



image source

More than 100 Estonian citizens, residents booked a special flight United Kingdom | news | Instant News


As reported by ERR NewsEstonian state-owned airline Nordica announced it would operate round-trip flights between Tallinn and London Gatwick, to allow both Estonians to get stuck in Britain after the EU suspended flights last week from returning, and those in Estonia wishing to go to UK to do the same.

Flights were canceled after a new strain of coronavirus thought to be far more infectious than the variety so far found was identified in the UK, which recently struck a deal with the EU towards the end of the Brexit transition period on December 31.

Nordica flights at the time of writing have departed from Tallinn, and will depart for the return journey from Gatwick around 11.00 UK time. Ticket prices are reportedly € 250, one way.

AirBaltic flights depart Monday

Latvian state-owned airline airBaltic also operates a special flight, for the same reason, which flies on Monday and is used by Estonians and Lithuanians and Latvians.

The two flights between them will pick up between 124 and 140 people who had registered on the Estonian foreign ministry’s travel portal due to return to Estonia from the UK, BNS reported.

Logistics requires close cooperation between the foreign ministries of the three countries, which the Estonian foreign ministry says has been successful.

“The cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the foreign ministries of Latvia and Lithuania has been building, and has helped find a common solution in this difficult situation,” a ministry spokesman told BNS.

Monday’s airBaltic flight saw 48 seats for Estonian citizens and residents, mediated by the foreign ministry, BNS reported, although tickets for all of this were purchased – at a cost of € 220 – and used, it is not known, the ministry said.

People from all three Baltic Countries take special flights

Those who landed in Riga Monday with the aim of Estonia still had to arrange flights from Riga to Tallinn.

The Nordica flight on Tuesday will also carry Latvian and Lithuanian nationals, although figures for this have not been reported. BNS reported that the flights were always booked on Sundays. Tallinn as the northernmost Baltic capital is in a less convenient location than Riga, in the center.

Seventy-six Estonians and residents have booked Nordica flights, the BNS said.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs introduced its flight ban on Sunday, December 20, in respect of its partners in two other Baltic States, and was followed by several other EU countries, which in the end number 27.

Estonian citizen and resident registered with the ministry of foreign affairs

Those who have registered their UK live in the ministry’s travel portal contacted to determine if they needed an urgent return journey, before New Year’s Day, when the UK flight ban will be lifted according to circumstances.

One flight from London to Tallinn was still flying Monday morning (21 December) due to short notice of the ban announcement, which was made late Sunday.

Three days later, the Estonian government also imposed coronavirus quarantine requirements in addition to those required for citizens of any European country at a reported 14-day rate of 50 or more per 100,000 inhabitants (currently all states except the Vatican and Iceland – ed.).

This means arrivals from Britain in Estonia, including those on two emergency flights, should be quarantined for 14 days rather than the current 10 days for other countries. Returning negative on the COVID-19 test on arrival, and passing the second negative seven days later, could shorten this period.

Follow ERR News on Facebook and Indonesia and never miss an update!

.



image source

Indonesia will send back hazardous materials to Australia, NZ, UK, US – National | Instant News


Indonesia will send 79 containers of hazardous materials back to Australia, New Zealand, the UK and the United States from January, the government revealed recently.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned envoys of the four countries to inform them of the plans on Wednesday, according to a ministry statement published on Thursday.

The Director General for America and Europe at the American and European Affairs Ministry, Ngurah Swajaya, said the move was in accordance with international law, namely the Basel Convention on Control of Cross-Border Movement of Hazardous Wastes and Disposal.

The agreement is designed to reduce the movement of hazardous materials between countries, in particular to prevent the transfer of hazardous waste from developed countries to least developed countries.

“In accordance with the Basel Convention […], cross-country imports containing toxic waste are not allowed. The Indonesian government must return it to its home country, “he told the ambassador.

Ngurah said the containers had been verified by various government agencies including the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Trade, Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Finance and the National Police.

“The 79 containers to be re-exported are part of a total of 107 containers that have been confiscated by the Indonesian government because they contain B3 waste, while the remaining 28 containers will be re-examined,” he added.

The containers were seized in 2019, with Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries facing a sharp increase in shipments of plastic waste from developed to developing countries following China’s decision to ban imports of 24 types of waste materials.

The harmless waste, which is mostly clean used paper, is intended for use by paper recycling companies in Indonesia. However, most of the cargo was found to be contaminated by hazardous waste such as used diapers and plastics, which businesses reject and end up in landfills.

.



image source

The DFA sent home over 13,000 OFW the week before Christmas | Instant News


Discharged overseas Filipino workers who complete their mandatory 14 day quarantine arrive at Terminal 2 of Ninoy International Airport in Pasay City for scheduled flights to their respective provinces on 17 December 2020. ABS-CBN news

MANILA – The Department of State (DFA) has flown 13,320 Filipinos abroad the week before Christmas.

In total, the number of Filipinos who have been repatriated since February stood at 314,158, the DFA said Tuesday.

Last week, the DFA carried out 64 special commercial repatriations. Among those who board the special flight are:

  • 74 Filipino overseas workers (OFW) from Diego Garcia island
  • 33 OFWs and 1 minor from Cambodia
  • 21 victims of trafficking from the UAE
  • 9 Undocumented OFW from Iraq
  • 4 OFW and 2 minors from Guangzhou, China
  • 2 medical repatriates from Oman
  • 2 Undocumented OFW from Vietnam
  • 1 domestic worker from Iran
  • 1 sailor stranded from the Bahamas

A total of 32 Filipinos meanwhile, identified as crew members of the stranded fishing boat Long Xing 905, 906 and 907, also arrived on Saturday, according to the DFA.

“The three ships were previously stranded in the sea near the Marshall Islands after the ship’s owner, Dalian Ocean Fishing Company Limited, stopped paying crew salaries and failed to make provisions for refueling the ship,” the agency said in a statement.

RELATED VIDEO:

– With report from Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News

Department of Foreign Affairs, DFA, repatriated Filipino, overseas, Filipino abroad, OFW

.



image source

Pompeo received a call with his Australian counterpart from quarantine | Instant News


Secretary of State Mike PompeoMike PompeoThe interior secretary tested positive for COVID-19 after two days of meeting with officials: report Cruz: Mexico is destroying security, relations with the US by destroying the DEA The State Department canceled a holiday party after Pompeo went into quarantine MORE spoke on Thursday by phone with his Australian counterpart while under quarantine after being exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.

Pompeo has no public appointments on Wednesday or Thursday but his summons with the Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne signals that the secretary is at work while under quarantine and is being watched by the State Department medical team.

“It is a pleasure to be able to speak today with the Australian Foreign Minister [Marice Payne], “Wrote the secretary on Twitter. “The US-Australia alliance is strong and our collective work in the Quad is increasingly important as we work to build a free and open Indo-Pacific region,” Pompeo continued, referring to the four-nation alliance between the US, Australia, India and Japan.

The US and Australia also partner in a five-point intelligence alliance with Canada, Britain and New Zealand.

Payne also posted on Twitter about his conversation with the secretary, but did not comment on Pompeo’s quarantine.

“My friend @SecPompeo has been an important partner for Australia as we have overcome challenges across our region. We speak tonight, reflecting on the values ​​we share, how our Alliance has grown & the important role it will continue to play in regional security & prosperity, ”he wrote.

The State Department said on Wednesday that Pompeo would enter quarantine after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, even though the secretary had tested negative for the disease.

Based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every individual who comes in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 is advised to quarantine for up to 10 days.

The length of time can be shortened to seven days if a person tests negative on the fifth day of quarantine.

The risk of contagion with America’s top diplomats comes as the disease continues to threaten the top leaders of the international community.

French President Emmanuel MacronEmmanuel Jean-Michel MacronA French court found all 14 defendants tied to Charlie Hebdo’s attacker guilty The Hill Morning Report – Brought to you by Mastercard – Moderna vaccine nears US approval; Congress cited “progress” toward the aid bill European (Dis) Union: Storm gather MORE is in quarantine after experiencing symptoms and testing positive for COVID-19, his office said Thursday.

His diagnosis prompted the quarantine of at least four top leaders the French president had met in recent days, including Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa, Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez, European Council President Charles Michel and Angel Gurria, the Organization’s Secretary General for the Economy. Cooperation and Development.

.



image source