Tag Archives: Ministry

Covid 19 coronavirus: Four new cases in managed isolation; 2 more infections associated with the British strain | Instant News


There have been four cases of Covid-19 in managed isolation – and officials have linked two more to the fast-spreading strain of the UK coronavirus.

There are no new cases in the community, said the Ministry of Health.

Of the four new border cases:

• One of them is history. This person arrived on 4 January from Great Britain via Singapore. This person tested positive on day 0/1 of routine testing and was at the facility in Hamilton.
• One case arrived on 5 January from Great Britain via Qatar. This person tested positive on day 0/1 of routine testing and is at the Auckland quarantine facility.
• One case arrived on 5 January from the United Kingdom via the United Arab Emirates and Australia. This person tested positive on day 0/1 of routine testing and is at the Auckland quarantine facility.
• One case arrived on 29 December from the United Kingdom via the United Arab Emirates and Malaysia and tested positive on the ninth day. This person is at the Auckland quarantine facility.

The total number of active Covid-19 cases in New Zealand is 62.

British tension

The Health Ministry said two more cases of Covid-19 had matched the British strain. Both arrived from the UK via the United Arab Emirates and Malaysia.

“This brings the total number of variant cases ordered in New Zealand to eight,” the ministry said.

“These people are all being treated with the same high-level infection precautions as all the Covid-19 positive cases, with daily health checks and use of PPE. Infection prevention control protocols are in place for all staff and we can assure the public that there is no increased risk to the community. The British variant is more easily transmitted than the other variants of the virus, but there is no evidence at this stage that the length of the infection period differs from that of the other variants of Covid-19 nor is it more likely to produce severe disease. “

Court lockdown

It came after there virus scare in Hamilton yesterday which forced the district court to lock itself up.

There are six new cases in the last Covid-19 update, which came on Tuesday.  Photos / Files
There are six new cases in the last Covid-19 update, which came on Tuesday. Photos / Files

The lockdown was triggered just before 10 a.m. and was lifted around 11:20 a.m., when community members were allowed out again. The court was then closed for the remainder of the day.

A source told the Herald that the lockdown was triggered because a woman working in a managed isolation facility had appeared in court and informed a staff member that she had a cold and was awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test.

The woman’s employer told the Herald she was tested as part of a routine Covid-19 check for isolation and border workers.

The negative result was confirmed by the Ministry of Health yesterday afternoon.

Premium Subscription

A former anti-mask at a Florida hospital is now warning Covid-19 not to be like the flu

A man who doesn’t believe Covid-19 is real and refuses to wear a mask has sent an emotional plea from her hospital bed, where he’s currently fighting the virus.

Struggling to breathe, Chuck Stacey warns the people in the video to believe in the dangers of Covid-19.

“I don’t wear a mask. I should have done it. I didn’t.

“I believe this is just the flu, that everything will go away, that this is political. I don’t think masks will help.

“You don’t want to end up like me. I’m having trouble breathing. I may have to be intubated if things get worse.”

The footage was shared by a friend earlier this week and shows the man in a hospital bed, battling the coronavirus.

He said he was wrong to downplay the Covid-19 pandemic, which has now killed more than 1.86 million people worldwide.

“My friend is not wearing a mask because he believes the lies of our leaders. Now, he is almost intubated. He asked me to share this,” said his friend Daniel Uhlfelder, who distributed the footage.

The man urged the skeptics to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Britain is locked in as the mutant stretch tightens its grip

British PM Boris Johnson has revealed that one in 50 people in the UK is infected with Covid-19 because he promised to continue to renew the country “jab by jab” in its mission to vaccinate the most vulnerable by the middle of next month.

Johnson joins UK health bosses for a briefing on Downing Street to tell the country their lockdown is inevitable after a new, virulent strain spreads rapidly across the country.

Responding to criticism that plans to fight the outbreak were too ambitious, chief health officer Professor Chris Whitty said plans to vaccinate the 13 million most vulnerable people were “realistic but not easy”.

Inconveniently, he also warned that restrictions may be needed over the coming winter in Britain, where the virus remains circulating like seasonal influenza.

Chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance warned that the changing nature of the virus meant vaccines had to be changed.

The virus will probably mutate. A different vaccine will be needed at that point, he said.

Johnson also declined to confirm that schools would reopen before the summer holidays but insisted that was the top priority.

Britain will remain under lockdown until at least March, and some measures could last even longer, as hospitals struggle to contain a new strain of the highly contagious coronavirus.

.



image source

The Ministry of Petroleum is trying to correct its mistake! | Instant News


ISLAMABAD: After the floating tender it was too late for the purchase of LNG [liquefied natural gas] During the winter months and causing billions of losses to the national economy, it seems the petroleum ministry has started making efforts to correct its mistakes, which were carried out in the near future. According to the Geo News program ‘Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Ke Sath’ on Friday, the ministry published an advertisement in the newspaper on December 31, inviting bids for LNG supplies for April 2021. Previously, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) at Petroleum Nadeem Babar was constantly denied any mistakes in purchasing LNG, and incurred a loss of more than Rs35 billion to the national economy by buying expensive LNG on offer in winter. Neither supplier showed interest in the advertisement, published by Pakistan, for gas supplies in the first 20 days of January. And a record high bid was received for two cargoes for February. The oil ministry also gave the cabinet and prime minister wrong figures on gas purchases.

However, now the ministry recognizes that demand has tripled in winter and it is a mistake not to buy commodities on time.

According to the advertisement published on December 31, bids for LNG supply were invited on April 5-6 and 19-20. The emcee asked Prime Minister Imran Khan to ask the petroleum ministry as well as SAPM Nadeem Babar why the winter LNG purchase process is not launched in the summer when it is available at the lowest price.

Shahzeb said the government procured LNG in December 2019 at an average of 10.7 percent and the price of oil on the international market was $ 62. Now the government says that the PML-N long-term agreement is 13 percent. The Oil Ministry said that spot LNG purchases were only possible on demand. It is said it is known that demand in winter will be three times higher than in summer.

.



image source

Missouri pandemic food stamp benefits extended to January 2021 | Headlines | Instant News


MISSOURI (KMOV.com) – The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved a request for an extension of the Pandemic Food Stamp / Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program through January 2021.

According to the Department of Social Services, the program allows Missouri recipients to receive the maximum number of benefits for their household size during an emergency.

In November, the average monthly SNAP benefit per person was $ 183.27, compared to $ 122.10 in 2019

There are 360,937 households in Missouri or 752,315 individuals who received the Food Stamp / SNAP allowance as of April 30, 2020.

Purchasing online is now an option for food stamp households. For more information, click here.

“Missouri’s Show Me Strong Recovery plan helps Missouria residents get back on their feet and extend P-SNAP benefits during June helping low-income households stay resilient,” said Jennifer Tidball, Acting Director, Department of Social Services. “As Missouri recovers and the state of emergency declaration ends, it is imperative for Missourian residents to be vigilant and prepared for their SNAP benefits to return to the normal number households are entitled to receive. This means many SNAP households will see a decrease in benefits.”

Copyright 2020 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

.



image source

Latest: Los Angeles hospitals turn to ‘crisis care’ Business news | Instant News


Vic Stelly served 16 years in the state building and later served on the Louisiana higher education policy board. He’s 79. Terry Bass Stelly is 80.

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City fire service said a firefighter, whose nephew was the first department employee to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, died of the virus after becoming infected while responding to a call.

Fire Chief Richard Kelley, holding back tears, said Monday that Major Andy Davis died on Christmas Eve, refusing to go into details about when or how Davis was infected.

Deputy Chief Mike Walker said Davis’s nephew, firefighter AJ Davis, was the first firefighter to receive the vaccine on Saturday.

“We just thought it was the right thing to do considering Andy’s passing,” Walker said. “So, we reached out to him and he is willing to step up and be first.”

Battalion chief Benny Fulkerson said a second department employee, 45-year-old Robert Saudia, died on Monday after suffering from COVID-19, but the cause of Saudia’s death had not been determined.

COLUMBIA, SC – besieged leaders in the region of South Carolina hardest hit by the coronavirus rebuked residents planning to party in large crowds for New Year’s Eve with hospitals already at their breaking point.

.



image source

Muttahida was more interested in service than the Karachi: the head of the PSP | Instant News


KARACHI: Condemning the Muttahida Qaumi-Pakistan Movement for not taking a bold stand on the federal cabinet’s decision to approve the controversial 2017 National Census, Pak Sarzameen’s Party (PSP) on Saturday demanded that the top court take a suo motto notification of the census. the result. PSP head Syed Mustafa Kamal addressed a press conference at the party secretariat, Pakistan House, where he said MQM-P had run its entire election campaign on the seven million missing people in the city who had unexpectedly been counted in the census but were a coalition partner in the federal government, he acknowledged the results of the census, knowing that different notes never influenced cabinet decisions. “Now, they are [MQM-P] have decided to ask for public support but angry people with shoes in their hands waiting for their leader on the street, “said Kamal.

He added that MQM-P will never resign from the ministry knowing that they will be arrested as soon as they leave the government, and their priority is their ministry, not the people of Karachi.

The PSP chairman announced that his party would formulate a strategy to oppose the census agreement because it was based on hostility towards Karachi.

“The census that was held after a period of 18 years was rejected by all segments,” he said.

“The Chief Justice of Pakistan said that Karachi’s population is not less than 30 million. If the residents of Karachi, the capital of Sindh, where all the sub-nationalities live, are counted correctly, the Sindh people will get their rights. “

Kamal said the identity cards issued by the National Database and Registration Authority with a permanent address in Karachi are more than 25 million.

“The number of voters on the voter list is more while those in the census results are very few,” he said.

He said everyone who was aware had called the controversial census an anti-Pakistan move. “We asked those in control of the state how many more certificates of patriotism would the Karachi people have to present in order for them to be considered equal citizens?” He asked.

He further asked why Pakistan’s political elites and rulers fear Karachi which is the lifeline of the country’s economy.

Kamal says Karachi is an ill-fated city that has global status because of its resources, potential and diversity, but those who have run the country don’t even consider it part of Pakistan.

He was of the view that cities like Karachi were made the capitals of countries around the world but in Pakistan, the status of the federal capital was unfairly taken away from Karachi and the new city of Islamabad when the federal capital was founded.

“When these steps did not produce the desired results, all the factory people who migrated here after Partition, who brought in money, trade, education, health, business and industry were taken by the Zulfikar Ali Bhutto government overnight,” PSP chief said.

“The bureaucrats who are the base for Pakistan’s prestige were dismissed overnight after making them special duty officers.

Kamal recalls that during the same period, Bhutto implemented an unfair quota system, slaughtered his services and created an invisible wall of hatred between Muhajir and Sindhi – two communities of brotherhood in Sindh.

He added that Sindhi suffered the most from the quota system.

Calling a case against the MQM-P leadership, the PSP chairman said references were being made to opposition leaders but no reference was being taken to MQM-P supreme leaders Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, Aamir Khan and Wasim Akhtar as they are allies of the government. .

“MQM-P continues to cry over resources and authority instead of serving the community, but remains silent when the power of the local government is seized by PPP,” said Kamal.

“They are allies of the PPP-led provincial government and they themselves hand over local government resources and authority to PPP.”

He regrets that for the past 13 years, Karachi’s water supply has stopped and no government buses have been brought to its roads.

“This is extreme oppression against Karachi and all this oppression was carried out by the so-called city representative party while it was in government,” he said, referring to MQM-P.

Kamal added that MQM-P, which has been known as a strike action, has never called for a strike on the authority of the regional government, the census and the rights of the people.

.



image source