Tag Archives: missouri

Louis Mobile Food Market will be in your Community in Partnership with St. Louis. Louis Area Foodbank Listing for August 1 – 21 | Instant News




Louis Mobile Food Market will be in your Community in Partnership with St. Louis Area Foodbank Listing for August 1 – 21 | RiverBender.com





















.



image source

Ne among the 4 States added in Chicago the order of movement of quarantine | Instant News


Chicago (AP) — a man traveling from Missouri, Wisconsin, Nebraska and North Dakota to Chicago would have quarantined for two weeks upon arrival, or face possible penalties starting Friday.

Chicago officials issued a quarantine order at the beginning of July. Originally it belonged to the travelers from 15 States, but was updated weekly based on increasing the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus.

The latest expansion, said Tuesday the total number of States affected to 22.

The Department of city Commissioner of health said listed a particular state based on the rate of confirmed cases per 100,000 inhabitants.

As of Thursday, it means that people coming from Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah will be affected.

The order also applies to residents returning from travel in the state.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced last week that the people of nine States hard hit by the COVID-19 virus, you will need quarantine for two weeks when they arrive in his state, Connecticut and new Jersey.

Cuomo’s announcement came as new confirmed cases of coronavirus Florida has increased by 5500, which was a 25% jump from the previous record and triple the level just two weeks before.

It was not immediately clear how Chicago officials will restore order in this state.

According to the web site, explaining the change, the person could face a fine ranging from $100 to $500 per day, up to $7,000.

More 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

.



image source

There are no new COVID-19 cases from the Lake of the Ozarks crowd, said Missouri health director Regional | Instant News


“Our hospital is not overwhelmed. Our level of positivity continues to decline. “People are recovering, and we are moving forward,” he said.

Hospital admissions and hospitalizations for COVID-19 continue to decline in the St. Louis, according to data reported Wednesday by the St. Pandemic Metropolitan Task Force Louis.

The average number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital over the past week fell to 346 from 354, while the seven-day moving average for new daily admissions dropped to 19 from 20. The latest daily report showed 15 people were treated. hospital.

The task force collects figures from the four leading health systems in the region: BJC HealthCare, Mercy, SSM Health, and St. Luke’s Hospital.

Missouri on Wednesday reported 192 additional positive cases and three additional deaths, increasing the number of victims to 786. Illinois, by contrast, saw 982 new cases and 97 additional deaths, bringing the number of deaths to 5,621.

St. Louis County, which accounts for more than half of COVID-19 related deaths in the state, recorded 43 new cases, totaling 6,058, and two additional deaths.

City of St. Louis reported one additional death from the disease. St. Charles, Franklin and Jefferson Counties reported no new deaths. On Metro East, St. Clair County recorded two new deaths and Madison County had three deaths.

.



image source

The video shows a large crowd who ignored social distance guidelines on Lake Ozarks | Instant News


LAKE FROM OZARKS, Missouri – Videos that appear on social media show several people celebrating Memorial Day weekend on Lake Ozarks, Missouri.

However, concerns escalated after many appeared not to wear face masks or practice social distance.

According to a report from TMZ, there are signs of social distance in the area; however, the celebration “looked like another Remembrance Day.”

The Missouri governor has partially reopened several businesses and restaurants in the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic, according to TMZ. However, social distance and other health guidelines still exist.

On Saturday, the state of Missouri had 11,752 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 676 deaths and 742 hospitalizations, according to the state. website.

The main concern surrounding the lack of social distance is that viruses can still be transmitted to others unknowingly, because some can carry viruses and show no symptoms.

This is a developing story and we will bring more updates as they become available.

Go to the beach this weekend? Coverage early with this live video

Copyright 2020 by KSAT – All rights reserved.

.



image source

More than 350 Missouri food factory employees tested positive for COVID-19 | Corona virus | Instant News


ST. JOSEPH, MO (KCTV) – More than 300 employees at the Missouri food factory have tested positive for the corona virus.

According to a news release on Saturday, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said 359 employees and contract workers from Triumph Foods had tested positive for COVID-19.

None of these workers have associated symptoms.

Last week, the food factory had 46 of their staff tested positive for the virus, which then directed the company to conduct a comprehensive test on asymptomatic employees on Monday.

KCTV5.com now with you on the go! Get the latest news updates and videos, StormTrack5 weather forecasts, weather radars, special investigative reports, sports headlines and much more from KCTV5 News.

>> Click / tap here to download us for free mobile application. <<


Copyright 2020 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

.



image source

The Missouri midfielder ‘gets a lot’ for Hawkeyes University Sports | Instant News








A few hours before Tristan Wirfs became the newest Iowa offensive midfielder to be selected in the first round of the NFL draft, Thursday was already a good day for Hawkeye offensive line coach, the National Police Team.

In addition to acknowledging the achievements Wirf anticipated in the Tweet early in the morning, Polasek added that “the telephone rang and the future got better too. Get big. ‘

Big, like 6-foot-5, 320 pounds big, to be exact.

The call taken by Polasek came from Beau Stephens, an all-state offensive tackle from Blue Springs High School in Missouri that selected the Hawkeyes over a group of more than a dozen scholarship offers from programs at the five powers conference.

In becoming the second junior high at this time in a few days to announce the intention to join the Iowa 2021 recruitment class which is now the number 11 player, Stephens has been the main target of the Iowa coach since he was first offered a scholarship by the Hawkeyes last July.

Coach Kirk Ferentz, Polasek and Hawkeyes main recruiter in the Kansas City area, Kelton Copeland, are all involved in recruiting Stephens.

In announcing his commitment on Twitter, Stephens thanked the three Iowa coaches “for making this an easy decision.”

Stephens has accumulated offers from Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma State, A&M Texas and West Virginia in addition to Iowa.

.



image source

Only 2 Countries Approved To Date | Instant News


About a month ago, the First Family Coronavirus Response Act created an electronic pandemic benefit transfer program (P-EBT) to give low-income families access to nutritious food while schools were closed. The law took effect on March 18 and required states to submit, and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) to approve, planning to operate a new P-EBT program. The USDA guidelines for countries were followed on March 20, determining the process for submitting plans and obtaining agency approval. Now, weeks later, only nine countries has submitted a plan and only two, Rhode Island and Michigan, have been approved to date. Given that American households report an increase in leave, layoffs, and unemployment applications, P-EBT can provide an important lifeline for families when school food is not available.

What is P-EBT?

The P-EBT program allows states to temporarily issue EBT cards for low-income families with children attending schools that offer free school meals, if the school has been closed for five or more consecutive days. The P-EBT card value will be at least of free school meals for each child for five school days, of around $ 114 per month per child.

Who is Eligible?

A state must first submit a P-EBT plan which includes information such as how the country will provide EBT benefits to families, dates of implementation, and the amount of benefits. Before households in the state can receive P-EBT benefits, the USDA must approve the state plan.

Unfortunately, the state offices that manage the state food coupon program (officially called the Additional Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) “struggle to respond to the increasing number of families and individuals who become eligible for SNAP benefits,” which could lead to this office become overwhelmed if they don’t carefully plan the implementation of P-EBT, according to to the Food Research & Action Center.

The P-EBT program is very interesting because it applies to households that participate in SNAP and those who do not currently participate in SNAP. Per USDA recently guidance, the household must have at least one child who attends a school that is closed for at least five consecutive days, and that child must be eligible to receive free or lower-priced school meals. As part of the country planning process, they must discuss how they will verify revenue information to determine eligibility.

Which country has the P-EBT program?

On April 14, 2020, only nine states have submitted P-EBT plans: Arizona, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Of these, only Michigan and Rhode Island have received agency approval. In these two states alone, more than 750,000 school children are eligible for free or discounted food. Families will now be able to offset the cost of the food these children are supposed to consume at school.

What’s next?

The USDA has not followed up on the remaining seven state P-EBT plans, but is expected to do so in the coming days. Even so, 41 countries still have not submitted plans, which means that families in many countries do not have access to the benefits of P-EBT for which they are eligible.

Many advocates want to see the expansion of the P-EBT program. According to Abby Leibman, President and CEO of MAZON, an anti-hunger organization, Congress “must do more: they must extend this benefit period to ensure they are available during the summer months; they must expand the feasibility of P-EBT for all Americans who need it; and the Administration must promote the program to each Governor, making it easy and attractive for the country to apply. “

P-EBT is not the only food aid provision in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The law also allows emergency allotment of additional SNAP benefits, and USDA guidelines have limited it allotment to the maximum level per household size. In a recent report, the Center for Budget and Policy Priority (CBPP) is stated that the interpretation of the USDA will provide a little help to “every household that has received the maximum benefits, which makes up nearly 40 percent of SNAP households and those with the lowest income.” The CBPP report added, “the reason households receive maximum benefits is because they have no income is available for buying food under the SNAP benefit calculation rules. “

The First Family Coronavirus Response Act was among the first of several federal responses to economic disruption caused by COVID-19. Congress then passed the Coronavirus, Assistance, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, a stimulus bill estimated at more than $ 2.1 billion, which did not expand benefits or eligibility criteria for SNAP. When Congress debates the next phase of economic recovery, a lot to debate that the next bill should go further to expand the national food aid program.

.



image source

Missouri tops the 4,000 coronavirus cases, Illinois approaching 20,000 Illinois | Instant News


ST. Charles – Two residents of the Health and Rehabilitation Frontier have died due to complications from COVID-19, bringing the number of deaths in skilled care facilities to eight, the St. Charles Public Health Department reported on Saturday.

A woman in her 70s and a woman in her 60s succumbed to fast-moving diseases, which has made dozens of people sick at the St. Charles, officials said.

Frontier, at 2840 West Clay Street, accommodates 113 patients, mostly elderly who are recovering from medical procedures. It was the first residential care facility in the St. Louis who reported COVID-19 cases.

At least a dozen nursing homes in the St. Louis has reported COVID-19 cases, and deaths have been reported at the St. Louis Life Care Center. Louis and the Grandview Health Center in Washington.

Also Saturday, the Missouri Veterans Commission confirmed the first deaths among its seven facilities. A resident of St. Veterans’ House Louis, who has been hospitalized since March 27, died Friday from the virus, the state agency said.

After the first case was reported in Missouri on March 7, the commission restricted access to visitors, sellers, and volunteers in all state veterans’ homes, he said.

Missouri now has 4,024 COVID-19 cases and 109 known deaths, health officials said Saturday. That’s up 225 cases and 13 deaths from Friday.

In St. Louis County, officials reported 29 new cases and nine new deaths, totaling 1,524 cases and 42 deaths. No new deaths have been reported in the city of St. Louis or Jefferson or Franklin.

The total number of reported cases increased by 51 in St. Louis, to 645. St. Charles County reported a total of 349 known cases and 13 deaths. Positive cases in Jefferson County increased by four, to 117, with three deaths total. Franklin County reported 12 new cases, with a total of 83 cases, and no new deaths added to the total of three cases.

Cases in Metro East increased by 10, to 319, with 12 deaths.

‘Tidal’

The number of patients known or suspected to be infected by COVID-19 in regional hospital beds, ICU beds and on the ventilator only changed slightly from Friday’s number, moving up or down by only one digit, according to the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force, a group of local health system and hospital. There were 592 patients in hospital beds, 211 in ICU beds and 157 in ventilators.

Alex Garza, head of the task force, said in Saturday’s briefing that the numbers would “recede and flow,” but he still believed that the area was on a steep part of the case-increasing curve and would see a surge in the next few weeks. But he said steps taken to combat the virus helped, and he encouraged local residents to keep washing their hands, keeping a social distance, and other practices.

“The reason we are doing this is for the good of the larger community,” Garza said. He said that 49 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital on Friday.

Officials in the St. Louis and around the world order people to stay home and attend online services or watching them on television rather than gathering to celebrate Easter or Easter. Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker even forbids residents to attend “driving” religious services.

Illinois officials on Saturday reported 1,293 new cases and 81 new deaths, with a total of 19,180 reported cases and 677 deaths. Chicago and Cook County and the closest districts of Will, Lake and DuPage account for 88% of cases and state deaths.

Pritzker announced a new remote health monitoring program intended to protect those who might be infected with COVID-19 at home if they do not need more intensive care. The program includes daily virtual health visits. Some patients will also be equipped with medical equipment to measure temperature, oxygen levels in the blood and blood pressure, he said. This is intended to limit the spread of the virus by keeping patients with symptoms that are not too severe in their homes and prevent the hospital from being overwhelmed, Pritzker said.

Those who show symptoms of infection, or who are at high risk of infection, and want to participate, can contact the hotline to determine whether they are eligible. In Southern Illinois and Metro East, that number is 217-545-5100. The program will start for the region on Monday. For the middle east and north central Illinois, program now live, and can be contacted by calling 833-673-5669.

Pritzker also announced a free emotional support telephone service called “Call4Calm” from the Illinois Department of Human Health’s Mental Department Division. Residents who are interested in talking to a counselor should send a “talk” message to 552020, or “hablar” to contact a Spanish-speaking advisor. The caller will receive back the text asking for their first name and ZIP code, and then link it to an advisor from the local community mental health center, officials said.

Pritzker, responding to people who told him that they were concerned about how children were processing everything they saw and heard about the pandemic, held a virtual city hall for children at 5 pm. Saturday at Facebook page Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital Chicago.

Leah Thorsen from Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

Updated at 7:20 a.m.

.



image source