While 41% of the latter trust the political system, the figure is 53% for those of immigrant background, according to 2019 figures published by the Federal Statistical Office.
The same applies to the justice system (50% and 60%, respectively) and the police (65% and 70%).
Immigrants are also (almost) the same as Switzerland naturally to participate politically, when they have rights. By 2019, almost 60% of this group took part in at least eight of the 19 votes available, while the figure was 67% for Switzerland.
On the other hand, immigrant populations in Switzerland (ie more than 25% of the population) generally have worse financial and material conditions.
For example, 6% of first generation immigrants live in poverty. The rate for second generation and non-immigrants is 3%. Some 6.1% of non-Swiss benefited from social welfare, compared to 2.3% of Swiss passport holders.
Three boys and one girl – Katharina, Theodor, Amadeus and Samuel – each weigh 1-1.5 kg (2.2-3.3 lb) at birth, said Daniel Surbek, chief doctor of the gynecology clinic Insel Hospital.
While their mothers will be able to go home in two days, the children will stay until they weigh 2-2.5kg, he said, Friday.
The four babies were born by cesarean section at the beginning of the eighth month of pregnancy. More than 20 specialist doctors and nurses care for mothers during childbirth.
Quads was last born in Switzerland, which saw about 88,000 lives born a year, more than four years ago, the hospital said.
A study in 2011 found that the incidence of quadruplets and triplets in Switzerland had declined over the previous two decades, while triplets had increased by 40%.
There are at least three sets of triplets reported in Switzerland and no sextuplets or more. Globally, the highest number of births that survive is eight (eight times).
(MENAFN – UkrinForm) Over the past five years, Switzerland has allocated CHF 125 million for project implementation in the Donbas.
‘Switzerland is one of the most active countries helping Ukraine in the Donbas. Switzerland is one of Ukraine’s ten international donors, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry posted on Facebook.
The Foreign Ministry determined that CHF 125 million had been allocated to projects in the Donbas within the framework of the Swiss Cooperation Strategy for Ukraine over the past five years.
It was noted that 24 technical assistance projects were being implemented in Ukraine under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Secretariat for Swiss Economic Affairs. Specifically, the project promotes the development of local governance, infrastructure improvement, energy efficiency, health care and sustainable economic development.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the main humanitarian projects are drinking water treatment in the Donbas and delivery of medicines and medical equipment.
“Thanks to Swiss humanitarian assistance, 4 million residents of the Donetsk region on both sides of the demarcation line will be provided with drinking water by the end of 2020,” the Foreign Ministry stressed.
In addition, eleven humanitarian cargoes have been shipped to the east east of Ukraine since April 2015. The 10th and 11th total cargo is CHF 3.3 million.
An additional 700,000 CHF was allocated to deal with the coronavirus pandemic in Ukraine.
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry reminded that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Swiss Confederation President Simonetta Sommaruga plan to visit the front line at the Donbas on July 23.
On July 20-23, Swiss Confederation President Simonetta Sommaruga paid a state visit to Ukraine at the invitation of President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Last updated when July 19, 2020 6:03 p.m.
Visionary leadership, database-based decision making, smart locking strategies that are proven right
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi said on Sunday that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s visionary leadership and data-based decision making justified his decision to lock it smart.
In a message on social media networking sites, the minister said that in spite of “ridiculous noise pollution” and political rhetoric about coronaviruses by opposition parties, PM Locke Smart’s decision on smart lockdown has proved the right step.
The total lockout strategy of countries like India has clearly failed, he said.
Islamabad – chief justice of Pakistan (staff of the legal project on Chechnya), Gulzar Ahmed made up of five members larger bench, and three benches at the principal seat in Islamabad and one bench each in Lahore and Karachi registries to hear several important cases during next week starting Monday.
A special bench headed by chief justice Gulzar Ahmed,
in the composition of the justice Mushir Alam and justice Ejaz ul Ahsan will hear on Wednesday the self-initiation of proceedings of contempt of court against Matiullah Jan journalist/columnist regarding contempt of court under article 204 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973 read with section 3/4 of the contempt order, 2003.
On Tuesday, five more members bench headed by chief justice Gulzar Ahmed including Mushir Alam, justice Umar ATA Bandial, justice Ejaz ul Ahsan and justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel to hear the self-initiation of action against the epidemic coronavirus (COVID-19).
The first is the main stand, Gulzar Ahmed justice, justice Ejaz ul Ahsan and justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel. The second stand consisted of a justice Mushir Alam Qazi Muhammad Amin and justice justice Amin-UD-DIN Khan. Two members of the third bench consists of Justice Umar ATA Bandial and justice Yahya Afridi.
During the week the court will hear many important cases, including different appeals filed by state employees concerning the appointment, dismissal, legalization and promotion, the pension of employees who retired, Pakistan mineral development Corporation, project Manager, Hyderabad, Sindh. Secretary, Energy Department, Government. Sindh, Karachi and others relative to the renewal of mining lease, a statement of claim, seeking information regarding two missing persons sentenced by military courts, appeal, National audit Bureau (NAB) seeking Bail and suspension of sentence in matters of election, various parliamentarians, of requests for unnecessary payment of private medical colleges, tax issues of various individuals, educational institution about receipt matters, contempt petitions for noncompliance with a court order in H. R. C. 39438-R/2018 in the case of the murder investigation, and the request for protection and the Secretary of land use, Department of revenue, Sindh Karachi have abused their power illegally and fraudulently issuing offer letter challan for payment of the difference in respect of 7 acres of land on 30 and 31 acres of land.
Justice Umar ATA Bandial would hear Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf (PTI) and also the Federation of Pakistan through Cabinet Secretary and others relating to the Declaration and sections 74 and 75 of the Sindh local government act, 2013 and section 18 of the Sindh building control Ordinance, 1979 is recognized as contradicting the Constitution in his chamber on Monday. He would also like to hear in the interests of peace, justice and education through its President V. Federation of Pakistan through Secretary M/O interior Ministry of the government. from Pakistan to ban vulgar slogans and raised placards displayed during the March For women’s rights on Thursday.
Two member bench of the apex court consisting of justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik and justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah will hear cases in the SC Lahore registry, and comprised of three members consisting of justice Faisal Arab, justice Hussain Ali Shah and justice Muneeb Akhtar will consider cases in SC Karachi registry.
Depending on the reasons list, without any interruption on any ground will be granted and no application for adjournment by Fax will be placed before the court. In addition, if the lawyer cannot appear for any reason the advocate-on-record will be required to argue the case.
Last updated when July 18, 2020 4:37 p.m.
The Sindh government fails to maintain the ‘Lets Clean Karachi’ initiative: Zaidi
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi said that last year under the ‘Lets Clean Karachi’ initiative with the help of FWO we succeeded in clearing storm drains in time.
In a message on the social networking site, he said that “when it rains, our city is safe from disaster”.
He said that “all the Sindh Government has to do is maintain what we have done and as usual they fail”.
“Now once again we are left to fight alone as the provincial government has nowhere to look,” he said.
The minister said those who could not even take out garbage had ruled us for more than 12 years, adding that “But yes, they are experts in kidnapping, extortion, corruption and even murder”.
He said that the Federal Government would not leave Karachi citizens at the mercy of these people, some of whom were known as protectors / facilitators / partners of known criminals.
He said that “let’s finish our house, adding that” I always say, without fixing Karachi, Pakistan’s economic revival is only a pipe dream. ”
SYDNEY – “Contactless” is now a keyword in various parts of the world due to the new coronavirus pandemic. Sydney, Australia’s largest city where restrictions on restaurant operations have abated, are no exception.
While customers have started returning to cafes and restaurants, such facilities not only adhere to social measures but also introduce digital menus.
That is when more customers in Australia want to avoid conventional paper menus that are handled and touched repeatedly by many different people, for fear of being infected with a virus.
Especially unique is the “me & u,” a disk-shaped device about 8cm in diameter. This allows restaurant visitors to view the menu and order and pay for food with their smartphone. The demand for devices is increasing because the contactless function is getting attention.
Among the restaurants that introduced me & u is Shuk Bondi, a famous beachfront cafe popular with tourists and locals in east Sydney. Since outlets introduced my device & u at the end of 2019, the percentage of customers who use it has gradually increased.
The introduction of the device has reduced the workload of waiters by about 20% and now 10% of customers use it to order, according to cafe owner Yoni Kalfus who is 41 years old.
This device is easy to use.
If a customer sits at a table and taps his smartphone on me & u, a digital menu appears in the internet browser. In the case of a smartphone that is not compliant, the customer scans the quick response, or QR, code to access the menu page and then order.
Customers use the online payment system to settle bills. With the iPhone, they use Apple Pay, Apple’s electronic payment service based in the US.
The M&U system was commercialized in July 2019 after it was developed by Stevan Premutico, who founded it. The system and company have the same name. The initial purpose of the me & u system was to reduce waiting times in pubs and cafes, Premutico said.
In Australian pubs, customers usually order and pay for each drink at the counter, where it is not uncommon for queues to form. Although the me & u system helps customers avoid queues, it also helps outlets avoid jumble of orders.
The number of questions received by me & u has increased more than 10 times compared to last year, the company said.
Premutico said that helping so many businesses get back up and running while being a safe COVID with contactless orders and payment systems makes him feel very proud.
But how much it costs to introduce the system has not been made public. One outlet that has introduced a system of paying 5% of orders received from customers through me to you as a commission.
Australia is said to have a relatively early corona virus thanks to measures such as ordering people to stay at home unless involved in important business and banning the entry of foreign nationals, both of which took effect in March.
But cases of the virus are increasing again in the state of Victoria, southeast Australia. Neighboring New South Wales, where Sydney is located and also in the southeast of the country, has remained vigilant and has decided to impose new restrictions on pubs and restaurants.
Amid continuing uncertainty about the future in terms of the economy and public health, I & u, who have realized “without contact” and “efficiency,” will likely strengthen their presence in Australia.
(MENAFN) Italy on Saturday registered seven more deaths due to the new COVID-19, bringing the country’s death rate to 34,945.
The active case count drops to 13,303, according to the latest statistics by the Ministry of Health.
A total of 188 new infections were registered in the last 24 hours, bringing the number of infections to 242,827.
Meanwhile, recovery continued to rise, surging to 194,579 as 306 more patients had left intensive care in the past 24 hours.
To date, more than 5.95 million tests have been carried out throughout the country.
Italy will need more than USD13 billion to recover from a global pandemic. Italy is no longer a hotspot for tourists during the summer, causing many restaurants, hotels, transportation companies and retailers to suffer heavy losses.
During the summer of 2019, Italy had more than 15 million tourists in a period of three months, July, August and September. However, Italy is now no longer an option due to restrictions imposed by the travel industry.
It was found that foreign arrivals fell by 10 million in June 2020 alone. According to a report written by Coldiretti, the National Farmers Confederation, the decline had a “drastic impact on the economy and employment in the Made-in-Italy holiday sector, which consists of 612,000 businesses that employ 2.7 million workers.”
A survey sent by the Italian business Confederation, stated that more than 90 percent of the people surveyed were likely to remain in their homes. About 40 percent of those surveyed did not have a decision yet, and the rest of the respondents felt it was financially difficult to travel after the lockout effect on them.