Tag Archives: move

Rugby: Top 14 club Stade Francais looking to lure All Blacks and Hurricanes midfielder Ngani Laumape offshore – report | Instant News


Ngani Laumape has limited chances with the All Blacks. Photos / Photosport

Ngani Laumape has been linked with a move abroad, with French club Stade Francais believed to be looking for the All Blacks and Hurricanes midfielder.

According to a report from French newspaper Midi Olympique, Stade Francais sees Laumape as one of a number of options to replace Gael Fickou who is leaving for the Top14 2021-22 season.

Midi Olympique reports the club has been in contact with Laumape representatives and it is believed Laumape will be open to a move.

“The New Zealand midfielder, who plays for the Hurricanes, will not oppose a trial in France,” said the report.

By contrast, anyone with 15 caps for the All Blacks knows he’s not the best choice in his country. Remember, for the World Cup in Japan in 2019, coach Steve Hansen has chosen him. [in build-up tests] but finally decided to give up his services as soon as the official selection was announced. Hansen likes Sonny Bill Williams, Ryan Crotty, Jack Goodhue and Anton Lienert-Brown more than him.

“Since then, Hurricanes players have returned to selection under new coach Ian Foster. He played two Rugby Championship matches in October and November, but he could choose to join Stade Francais next season.”

Another option being considered by the French club is Argentine midfielder Santiago Chocobares, who will join the Blues for the Aotearoa Super Rugby competition this year, but it was difficult to get the young center-back to Auckland and it couldn’t happen in the end.

Laumape has been an impressive exponent for the Hurricanes since moving to the 15-man code in 2016 after stints with the Warriors at NRL, and has become known as one of Super Rugby’s most damaging ball runners.

Still only 27 years old, many expect Laumape to have a role to play with the All Blacks during the next World Cup cycle.

However, New Zealand’s wide selection of midfielders has seen its opportunities at international level limited and Stade Francais will hope to persuade him to leave.

.



image source

Prince Harry feels ‘liberated’, US action ‘best decision he has ever made’ | Instant News


The CEO of BetterUp explains Prince Harry’s role at tech startups. Video / CNN

Prince Harry’s move to America with Meghan Markle was “the best decision he’s ever made” and he feels “liberated,” according to an insider.

Friends say the 36-year-old prince has “no regrets” about his new life in California with Meghan, 39, and Archie.

“Harry’s not sorry,” the insider told Us Weekly.

“He feels liberated and excited to start this new chapter.”

According to the source, Prince Harry believes moving to the United States “was the best decision he has ever made”.

Although he is eager to start a new life, Harry hopes his relationship with the royal family will heal one day, according to the insider.

“Harry feels the situation with his family is regrettable,” the source claimed.

Prince Harry does not regret leaving his royal duties.  Photo / Getty Images
Prince Harry does not regret leaving his royal duties. Photo / Getty Images

“But he said [they have] no regrets about moving on… and it all just started for them. “

Meghan and Harry stepped down from royal duties and stopped using their HRH styles on March 31 last year.

The couple is living a new life in California

The Sussex family, who were expecting a baby girl in the summer following a miscarriage last year, have been living their new life in California, away from the monarchy.

They have secured multimillion dollar deals with Netflix and Spotify and founded their charity Archewell.

The couple bought a $ 14.5 million Montecito estate and said they “wanted a proper rest period” when their baby was born, according to reports.

The Cambridges and the Sussexes.  Photo / Getty Images
The Cambridges and the Sussexes. Photo / Getty Images

The baby girl will be the first royal family born in the United States and sources said the Vanity Fair couple wanted to “take time off” and spend “great time together as a family”.

It comes after Harry recently revealed his new role as an executive at a Silicon Valley start-up.

The Duke of Sussex will be the chief impact officer at BetterUp – a $ 1.82 billion mental health services business.

Harry will help promote applications used by giant companies including Facebook to improve staff welfare.

Users browse profiles of life therapists and coaches – such as the Tinder dating app – and select partners.

Alexi Robichaux, CEO of a Silicon Valley startup, also revealed that Duke decided to give up his royal title at work, but kept his salary and working hours a secret.

A similar role at a California company can yield a six- or seven-figure salary.

Robichaux told the BBC: “He has been in the role for several months, and we are very excited to share the news with the world.

Prince Harry reportedly felt 'liberated' by 'the best decision he has ever made'.  Photo / Getty Images
Prince Harry reportedly felt ‘liberated’ by ‘the best decision he has ever made’. Photo / Getty Images

“We’re partners here, he likes to be called Harry at work, so we just call him Harry.”

He added his team was “honored” to have Duke work with them in the role he took a few months ago.

It happened soon after he was inaugurated as the information disruption commissioner at the Aspen Institute, a US think tank.

Harry’s new job raises questions

Harry now has two jobs and a TV and radio project in the US, prompting questions as to how he got a visa.

But her job with the Invictus Games for the injured squad has the potential to qualify her – and Oprah’s incredible interview recently earned her millions for the TV industry.

Royal experts also claim court officials will be closely watching Harry’s new work.

Russell Myers told The Royal Beat of True Royalty TV: “There is an argument that if he is ‘Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex’ in all material published for [the firm], was it swapping out the royal branding they said they wouldn’t do to uphold the Queen’s values?

“So at the moment it’s still up for debate. The people in the palace will be watching this very, very closely.”

Making a ‘bomb’ on the royal family

Royal writer Penny Junor claims Harry and Meghan had “hurled huge bombs” at the royal family during Megxit’s first year.

He said the bomb charges during their Oprah interview hit the “heart of the institution” a year after they left royal life.

Junor, author of Prince Harry: Brother, Soldier, Son, Husband, said: “When Harry and Meghan left a year ago, people were shocked and disappointed because they were such a great couple.

“Harry is a very popular aristocrat and Meghan is a great asset to the family.

“A year later, I think a lot of people were really angry and thought that they had betrayed their family and threw a big bomb at the heart of the institution and also attacked Britain.”

Sussex’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey plunged the royal family into one of its worst crises in generations earlier this month.

Meghan said an unnamed royal – not the Queen or the Duke of Edinburgh – raised concerns with Harry about how dark their son Archie’s skin was before he was born.

The Duchess also recounted how she “didn’t want to live anymore” and had suicidal thoughts during her time as royalty – but was not supported by the institution when she appealed for help.

Harry said he felt “let down” by his father, the Prince of Wales, was cut off financially by his family in the months before Megxit, and shared his shock at the loss of taxpayer-funded security.

Harry also claims William and their father were “trapped” by their royal responsibilities.

.



image source

Corona virus positivity ratio in Karachi increases to 5.16% | Instant News


Drivers riding motorbikes along the road wear face masks as a precaution against the Corona Covid-19 virus, in Karachi on October 29, 2020. – AFP / Files

The Sindh Health Department on Friday said Karachi’s coronavirus positivity ratio had risen to 5.16% as the country grapples with the third wave of the pandemic.

In the report, the provincial health department said the port city recorded 137 cases in the past 24 hours, with the country recording 40 deaths and 3,449 cases overall.

Karachi’s Eastern District has reported 61,382 infections and 1,173 deaths. In the Southern District, 45,763 cases have been recorded, and 597 died from the virus.

The Central District recorded 25,741 cases and 827 deaths, Malir District 15,065 cases and 213 deaths, Korangi District 14,889 cases and 484 deaths, while the West District reported 14,486 cases and 389 deaths.

.



image source

Prince Harry and Meghan are considering moving to New Zealand | Instant News


Lifestyle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle admitted during Oprah’s interview they were considering moving to New Zealand.

The couple said they “never left” the royal family, but wanted to step back from being senior royals “to catch their breath” – perhaps in a country like New Zealand. They said the request was denied.

“My biggest concern is history repeating itself,” said Harry, referring to his mother’s death: “To receive no help at all and be told ‘This is how it is, we’ve all been there'”

Oprah asks Harry to tell her in the simplest terms why she left.

As a couple, the couple only visited New Zealand once, in 2018, where they met a large number of people while traveling.

“Lack of support and lack of understanding,” he said, denying he had “blinded” the Queen to his decision: “I respect her too much.” He said he talked to her for two years about resigning.

She also had several “conversations with my dad – before he stopped taking my calls”.

Why did Prince Charles stop taking his son’s calls?

“Because I take matters into my own hands,” he said.

Just months after their wedding, the couple embarked on a 16 day October 2018 tour of Australia, New Zealand, Tonga and Fiji.

Tours in New Zealand begin in Wellington, after which they visit Abel Tasman National Park before heading to other parts of the country.

The New Zealand Twitter user appeared overjoyed when his partner hinted at the possibility of living in New Zealand.

It seems that New Zealand Twitter users will welcome the couple with open arms.

β€’ CBS presents Oprah with Meghan and Harry to broadcast on Tuesday, March 9, 7:30 pm on Three.

.



image source

Rugby League: The New Zealand Soldier makes a bid to play the 2022 season at home | Instant News


Sports

Raiders … Warriors lure Canberra and other NRL clubs across the trench. Photos / Photosport

The Warriors have made plans to flood New Zealand with their NRL game by 2022, and several Australian clubs are supporting the move.

Warriors chief executive Cameron George plans to buy home games from their NRL opponents and play them across the country.

The club is stranded in Australia for a second season due to a Covid-19 travel ban. Their 2021 campaign will not return to the Mt Smart Stadium as early as 21 June, having played all of their matches in Australia in 2020.

They will seek compensation from the NRL but be proactive about starting the game here in 2022, planning to spend more than $ 2.5 million on home game rights from opponents.

George pointed out to the Herald-Sun that several opponents were willing to play football, and he has contacted investors to support the scheme. The NRL club is reported to be making around $ 250,000 per home game.

“I have started discussing with certain NRL clubs whether they will consider selling us their home games to come to New Zealand next year,” he said.

“I’m trying to build a portfolio of games to play in New Zealand next year and get as much as we can to play there.

“For example, instead of playing the likes of Raiders in Canberra, I would buy the game from them and take them to Wellington or Christchurch.

“We are playing 10 home games next year, plus the Magic Round in Brisbane. I want to buy as many away games as possible from clubs based in Australia and play at least 16 NRL games here. We will like up to 20 games.”

He also asked the NRL to schedule as many matches as possible at the prime kickoff venue at 8pm Friday.

“(It) gave the game a really good launch pad – it’s about relaunching the game in New Zealand, not just the Warriors,” said George.

“The way to do that is to play as many games as we can in New Zealand.”

Under the scheme, the NRL will pay for the Australian team’s travels, not the Warriors’ fees.

George said that because the Warriors paid a high price to keep the NRL afloat during the pandemic, rival clubs have shown a willingness to be part of a scheme to “spread the gospel” … at the right price.

The club is down about $ 300,000 per lost home game, and George says that has affected membership.

“We will knock on the door of the NRL at a certain stage,” he said.

“This really has an impact on our financial position in the short, medium and long term.”

.



image source