Tag Archives: need

COVID-19 survivors to donate plasma unit running out | Instant News


Tens of thousands of people who have a positive result on COVID-19 received plasma as a way to try to help fight the virus.

Now, emergency supply, what plasma, which comes from the recovered syndrome in patients end.

The American Red Cross says the demand for this plasma more than twice in the last month as the cases increased. He distributes that the plasma faster than donations are coming in.

Franklin miles, who lives in Ohio is one of those donors. He learned how to donate my plasma from the news when he was in the hospital for COVID-19. He says he didn’t know if he would survive.

“It is helpful to be you know one of the catalysts of this kind has had it, came out of him and can help whether it is one or 50 people or 100 people, you can help other people too to think about it.”

Miles had to wait 28 days after he recovered from COVID-19 to donate.

He says the process is similar to donating blood and takes about an hour. Miles donated three times already. He learned that his donation went to someone in Arizona. He says he plans to continue to do it every 28 days until they tell him he has no more antibodies.

The red Cross says every donation has the potential to help three patients. Medical Director of the blood Bank at Johns Hopkins University says that while they see that plasma is very safe. Patients who have COVID-19 is able to tolerate without significant side effects.

“We have no possibility of making plasma in the laboratory. As significant as in our laboratory, there is no way for us to take the ingredients and production process, which leads to a unit of plasma to give to someone who is sick COVID-19.”

doctors are still studying how effectively plasma, helping patients to recover. A doctor from Johns Hopkins says that it looks as before that patients receive, the more chances that they will lead to a positive result.

If you have recovered from COVID-19 and want to donate plasma, you can find more information at this link.

.



image source

Louis Mobile Food Market will be in your Community in Partnership with St. Louis. Louis Area Foodbank Listing for August 1 – 21 | Instant News




Louis Mobile Food Market will be in your Community in Partnership with St. Louis Area Foodbank Listing for August 1 – 21 | RiverBender.com





















.



image source

Food Bank of Alaska prepares for CARES Act unemployment may end | Instant News


ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) – Tens of thousands of Alaskans have been faced with food insecurity since the pandemic began according to the Food Bank of Alaska. The leaders there have seen the number of people asking for help recently stabilized, and they attribute it to an additional $ 600 per week for unemployed people who can be exhausted by the end of the month.

The Director of Public Engagement for the Alaska Food Bank, Cara Durr, said food insecurity is measured by third parties every six months. In January, he said around 95,000 people across the state experienced food insecurity. Since then, figures show that the rate has jumped 44%, adding around 42,000 to that count.

“Recently, it’s a little flat,” said Durr. “Obviously it is still increasing, but at the moment we are only worried about what happens at the end of the month if unemployment increases that the federal government has provided endless.”

Durr said the food bank had received many federal resources, assistance from donors, and assistance from local donations and food encouragement to meet demand. He said if resources and benefits are used up, compassion can only feed people so far.

“We all struggle,” he said. “And when this continues, we may have benefited from generosity and this cannot continue forever.”

However, they have gotten a lot of food during the pandemic. Durr said that they had “quite a maximum” at their current storage facility and were looking to secure additional storage.

That being said, food goes fast and moves in most states quickly. When the Channel 2 reporter talked with Durr on Monday, there was enough shelf space in the entire warehouse today.

While they were waiting to find out the fate of the additional benefits, Durr said the food bank and their partners had worked with the Alaska congressional delegation to get more support from Washington.

In addition to advocating for extended benefits, he said they have worked with them to get more encouragement for SNAP and EBT programs, as well as funding and capacity resources for food banks across the board.

Many parts are moving to make sure people eat in the short term, but Durr says they have thought about how long they could potentially try to meet increasing needs.

“We know this will be an ongoing situation. We know that even when the pandemic ends, there may be a very long economic recovery related to this. So we know that the needs will be long-term and that’s where we try to put our minds, “he said.

The Alaska Food Bank has 150 partners throughout the state according to Durr. He said people who need help can find a center near them here or by calling 211.

Copyright KTUU 2020. All rights reserved.

.



image source

Karachi needs an autonomous LB system to avoid becoming a ghetto | Instant News


.



image source

It took three months to clean up Karachi, claims Mustafa Kamal – Pakistan | Instant News


Last updated when July 26, 2020 9:50 a.m.

He said the mayor of Karachi lied that he had no authority

KARACHI (Dunya News) – Party leader Pak Sarzameeen (PSP) Mustafa Kamal claimed on Sunday that Karachi would be clean if the city was handed over to him for three months.

Speaking exclusively in the Dunya News “Ikhtalafi Note” program, Kamal when taking jibe to political opponents said that they knew I would do it, so they backed away.

“The mayor of Karachi lies that he has no authority,” he said and added who would solve the problems of the general public.

The provincial government gets freedom when Prime Minister Imran Khan will not meet Sindh CM Murad Ali Shah, adding that the prime minister must talk to them about the Karachi problem.

The PSP Chair said that when PM Imran Khan came to Karachi, he did not even meet with the chief minister of Sindh. “We have been robbed by guards and not by thieves,” he said.

.



image source

What You Need to Know About Upcoming Arabic Production from “Come Eat With Me” | Instant News


OSN has signed a contract with ITV Studios for the first Arabic version rights of the beloved British reality TV show ‘Come Dine with Me’. A national favorite for more than 15 years in the United Kingdom, this series has been well received with compositions replicated in many country throughout the world including Australia, Canada, Greece, Ireland and South Africa.

The 45 episode series will air from Sunday to Thursday with a new contestant group every week. Each host will cook and present a three-course menu, which will be followed by an assessment session by their three guests hosting Skills.

“OSN is very pleased with the acquisition of the ‘Come Dine with Me’ format, which will be the first original production of a very popular show that comes to our region,” said Interim’s Interim Temporary Content Head at OSN, Rolla Karam.

“This production further strengthens our commitment to providing curated content and presenting the best entertainment for our viewers in the Middle East. We believe that Come Dine with Me will be as big as success “in the Middle East as in the UK and throughout the world and are very excited for what will happen in the pipeline in terms of original production” Rolla said.

The Arabic production of the British TV show ‘Come Dine with Me’ will be filmed in the UAE later this year. Thanks to OSN

A highly valued entertaining television program will follow the same layout as England where each week a diverse group of four take turns hosting a dinner party, with guests rating nights of ten. Each contestant must try to make the guests believe that they are the best host, but at the end of the week, only one can be named the best host and go away as a winner. The series will be an amalgamation of authenticity, smart commentary and extraordinary guests, making this show one of the most related series spectrum audience.

“We are very pleased to be able to join hands with OSN in terms of providing interesting information original content on their platform and committed to changing the Arabic language Come Dine with Me, ‘Yalla Neta’asha’ was a big hit, “said ITV Studios Middle East CEO Ziad Kebbi.

Production is set to be filmed on film UAE this year and calls for citizens to register to participate in reality TV shows will be announced in the coming weeks. “Contestants will come together from all walks of life and cover various nationalities such as Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Egypt, Bahrain, Oman, and western expats.” OSN was revealed in a statement announcing the event.

So hold your chair and get ready level up Your hosting game with ‘Yalla Neta’asha’!

Image belongs to OSN and Giphy


Download Our Free Application

.



image source

Pakistan gets Rs335b the debt relief from the G-20 | Instant News


Islamabad: Pakistan has reconciled his duty with more than a dozen bilateral creditors still from 20 countries, and then the debt relief agreement will be signed with each country separately until 31 December 2020, in order to avail debt in the amount of slightly more than $2 billion (Rs335 billion), the news learned.

Said a senior official from the Finance Department News on Sunday that work was in progress by the increase in debt reported by g-20 countries. “Until now, we made up for a dozen creditors out of 20, so we are making efforts to achieve reconciliation and accurate data on debt as soon as possible after that Islamabad would be forced to sign an agreement with each creditor separately bilateral,” said a senior official of the General.

Other sources reported that the deadline for decisions on debt relief were provided on 31 December 2020, but the government is making every effort to accomplish this task in the first quarter to September 30. The burden of debt for $2 billion, according to the official, provided a much-needed “breathing room”, as if it had not happened then the pressure on the exchange rate can be set in the last months of payments on the external front.

Among the G20, China is the biggest bilateral lender to the outstanding obligations in respect of Pakistan piled up $9 billion, followed by Japan with $5 billion, and in other countries, including South Korea, France, Germany, Canada, USA, Saudi Arabia and others.

Pakistani authorities have requested assistance from the world Bank to develop a standard format for seeking debt relief from bilateral creditors, but due to the different requirements of the standard can not be developed. Now the economic Affairs division has developed its own format in consultation with stakeholders and the Ministry of justice to move forward on this issue.

“We will soon begin signing separate agreements with bilateral creditors to avail this facility the debt relief in order to mitigate the negative impact of the pandemic COVID-19.”

According to the world Bank, public debt in developing countries rose to levels not seen in the last 50 years, many developing countries increasingly acquire debt at favorable terms from private creditors and non-Paris club members. As COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc in the global economy, poorer countries that will suffer most from the virus will also face the debt crisis.

With the support of the world Bank, IMF and other g-20 economies, enabling the world’s poorest countries to suspend repayment of bilateral official loans on 01 may. This initiative will go a long way to protect the lives and livelihoods of millions of vulnerable people. In the G-7 said that it will suspend debt of the poorest countries.

The world Bank group (WBG) and other Bretton Woods institutions increasing financial support to the IDA (international development Association) countries to help them overcome the crisis. As always, we first assess the overall financial picture of the country, including debt and consequences of payments.

The WBG will deploy as much as $ 160 billion over the next 15 months, of which $ 50 billion will be either grants or concessional terms from the IDA-the world Bank’s Fund for the poorest segments of the population.

In addition to the ongoing support of healthcare operations will be to emphasize social protection, reducing poverty and financing policies.

For countries such as IDA in Africa the interest rates on loans the world Bank is extremely low and the maturity and grace period for a long time. Half of IDA countries are already getting at least half if not all — of their IDA resources on grant terms, which do not bear any re-payments.

IDA automatically regulates the conditions for providing assistance. IDA is aware that debt sustainability is a key issue for many countries with low income. For this reason, when countries face increasing difficulties in servicing external debt, including due to a serious crisis, IDA automatically adjusts the terms of its assistance to countries to access additional funds and technical assistance without increasing their debt.

.



image source

Financial Advisers Recommend Open States Safely, but Openly | Instant News




Financial Advisers Recommend Open States Safely, but Openly | RiverBender.com





















.



image source

Mass. Top 80,000 Coronavirus Cases, Report 174 New Deaths – NECN | Instant News


More than 80,000 people in Massachusetts have now been infected with a new corona virus, health officials said Wednesday, reporting 174 other deaths.

The total number of confirmed cases now reaches 80,497, after rising 1,165 on Wednesday, and the number of deaths is 5,315, according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

It came a day after the department reported only 33 deaths from the corona virus in Massachusetts, the lowest number since the spike, although that was partly due to the late reporting on Monday which included some of the deaths that should have been reported on Tuesday. However, Monday and Tuesday together only an average of 81 deaths per day, about half of the number seen during the surge in mid-April.

However, health leaders and officials have encouraged the public not to draw long-term conclusions from data for one or two days, and the increase in deaths on Wednesday is returning to levels reported during the spike.

Officials have warned that recovery will take place long after the virus stops spreading very quickly. Among them was Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, who announced Wednesday that his city has reported no deaths from the new corona virus the day before.

“A day without death to report is certainly a good day but we still have work to do if we want to see it every day,” Walsh said.

Mayor Marty Walsh said that the city still has a lot of work to do before life returns to normal.

When the daily counts decline, indicating that the worst pandemic may be over for now, speculation has changed to when and how Massachusetts can be safely reopened. But Governor Charlie Baker remained silent Wednesday about what businesses will be able to return to work on May 18, when phase 1 the plan will begin.

Massachusetts for weeks became one of the COVID-19 epicenter in the U.S., with the fourth most cases – surpassed this week by Illinois, which now has a surge – and death among all countries.

Baker and other health officials said Massachusetts’ high count was likely due to state testing among the country’s most per capita population – more than 400,000 tests were conducted on Tuesday, according to the Department of Public Health.

.



image source

Swiss-Covid-19 does not necessarily increase the cost of health insurance | Instant News


(MENAFN – Swissinfo) Covid-19 does not necessarily increase the cost of health insurance

May 10, 2020 – 12:17

Health insurance companies must be able to cover the increased costs of a coronavirus pandemic without installing premiums for customers, said the umbrella association for the sector in Switzerland. But this assumption is not based on further waves of infection.

Swiss health insurance providers have combined reserves of around CHF8 billion ($ 8.2 billion). This supply should be enough to absorb additional costs from the pandemic so far, Santésuisse director Verena Nold told the SonntagsBlick newspaper. This amount corresponds to a premium of three or four months.

Nold said that insurance companies are more concerned with helping to overcome a pandemic than maintaining profits. The exact cost of Covid-19 for the health care system has not been determined. Overall costs have increased 5% in the first three months of this year, compared to an average of 3-4% in the last 20 years.

One of the main additional costs of a pandemic is the increase in intensive care care, where staying for two to three weeks for one patient requires around CHF 120,000.

Research by the NZZ am Sonntag newspaper showed that there were 510 coronavirus patients in the intensive care unit (ICU) on April 2 at the height of the pandemic. Other ICU patients number 230 on this date.

That position has now been reversed, with 130 coronavirus patients in the ICU compared to 600 patients with other conditions. This means that there are always a few hundred spare ICU beds available in Switzerland. The total number of ICU beds was increased from 1,300 to 1,500 as the pandemic continued.

Santésuisse said insurance companies had adopted contingency plans to speed up claims processing and to conduct more consultations via video links. Nold said that one lesson to be learned is to better guarantee the supply of important medical materials and to store more drugs in the country.

More than 30,000 people have so far been infected by Covid-19 in Switzerland, resulting in more than 1,800 deaths.

MENAFN1005202002100000ID1100144549

.



image source