ISLAMABAD: PTI founding member and disgruntled party leader Akbar S Babar said Monday that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s “friend” offered to make him chairman of the Senate, in exchange for taking no action against the party.
Speaking to the media, Babar – one of the founders of PTI who filed a foreign funding case against the party in 2014 – said he had been threatened and a case had been filed against him for demanding action against the party.
“My friend Imran Khan offered me the post of chairman of the Senate,” he said, adding that he “turned down all offers because I have a noble cause”.
The disgruntled PTI leader announced he would oppose the steering committee’s decision, adding that he could only seek justice from the institutions in Pakistan.
“When I filed a case against the party, Imran Khan was hiding behind a stay order,” he said. “Imran Khan has been running away from competitions against me for the last six years.”
Babar said PTI still has not disclosed the details of its six foreign bank accounts. “Over the past three years, [ECP’s] The supervisory committee has not been able to hold a party audit, ”he said.
Akbar S Babar, a founding member of PTI, had filed a case against Imran Khan’s party in November 2014 claiming in his petition that there had been massive financial irregularities dealing with foreign funding of up to nearly $ 3 million.
After the petition, PTI challenged the ECP’s order at IHC in 2017.
That same year, the IHC sent the case back to the electoral body to review its jurisdiction once again. In that case, the high court also appointed Babar as a member of the PTI decision.
Then on 8 May 2017, the ECP bench stated that the agency had full jurisdiction over the case.
In March 2018, a supervisory committee was formed to check PTI’s foreign funding accounts to determine if there had been any mistakes.
PTI on several occasions has sought confidentiality in its surveillance and has also approached the ECP, for that matter. However, in October 2019, the ECP rejected the party’s request.
PTI head Imran Khan has repeatedly accused the ECP of working on behalf of the Opposition in the case.
(MENAFN – Swissinfo) Staff at day care centers and after-school care facilities should be the first to be offered the vaccine, especially as a more contagious variant of the coronavirus circulates, said the Swiss Child Care Association, Kibesuisse.
This content is published on 23 January 2021 – 12:57 23 January 2021 – 12:57 RTS / swissinfo.ch / gw
The childcare service system is seen as vital to the economy as it ensures the welfare of children and helps working parents – but during the pandemic it has been ignored by authorities, the umbrella organization said in a press release on Friday.
Kibesuisse said vaccinating childcare workers early would help the sector avoid staff shortages due to quarantine measures or disease. This demands, as the teacher federation has done for its staff, that childcare personnel are next in line for vaccines after risk groups and health care workers.
“We are talking about the positive developments of the youngest in our society and about supporting the Swiss economy,” Michele Kaufmann Meyer of Kibesuisse told Swiss public radio RTS. “Parents who can’t send their children to daycare cannot go to work.”
Compensation for parents
The association also asks authorities to offer financial compensation to parents who choose not to send their children to child care facilities as a way to ease the burden on child care, and parents who may eventually need to seek alternatives when these facilities become understaffed and can no longer accept their demands.
More or less one third children in Switzerland – between 180,000 and 200,000 – attend the crèche, according to estimates from the Conference of Cantonal Directors of Social Affairs.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.
New Zealand team boss Grant Dalton has offered to unlock his team’s resources to help the American Magic get their damaged AC75 back in the water.
The ship, named the Patriot, had a large hole in its hull as a result of a tumbling at the end of a Prada Cup race on Sunday afternoon, which submerged the ship and nearly sank.
The New Zealand team, as well as fellow Ineos Cup syndicates Team England and Luna Rossa, and local emergency services are on hand to help America keep the ship afloat.
Speaking to the media on Monday, American Magic captain Terry Hutchinson expressed his gratitude to the other teams, in particular Defender.
“I think the Dalts quote is ‘whatever you need, we have it for you’,” said Hutchinson.
“From a shipbuilding perspective, defenders are in the strongest position because we are in their hometown. They are halting part of their program so that there are lots of people available to help us and them straight away. [Team New Zealand] contact us. “
While members of all the syndicates helped save the ship, members of the New Zealand Team stayed with the American Magic crew on their nearly three-hour journey back to base from Hauraki Bay off the coast of Milford, and took pizza as their slow pace. having to make the return journey meant they wouldn’t be ashore until after 10 p.m.
Hutchinson described it as “the element of sportsmanship which is the highest level”.
“We have great support from all the teams… everyone has offered their services to bring the Patriots back to the water. As competitors, most of the time we argue with each other about things that are only about sailboat racing, we argue to make our point. “But today you can’t find more sportsmanship or a more generous team that we have around us,” said Hutchinson.
“With all the sincerity in the world, they gave almost all the facilities for us to use to rebuild the Patriot.”
Asked about their dinner options, Hutchinson joked that the Kiwi crew could get into trouble with a McDonald’s sponsor.
“I’m sure they stole from McDonald’s for not bringing us Big Macs and a quarter pounders, but we specifically asked for pizza so I don’t want them to get into trouble!”
Towards a Cup race?
• Give yourself plenty of time and think about taking the ferry, train, or bus to watch the Cup.
• Make sure your AT HOP card is in your pocket. It’s the best way to ride.
• Don’t forget to scan the QR code with the NZ COVID Tracer app while on public transportation and entering America’s Cup Village.
A “shocked” mayor has contacted the victim of racist accusations and offered to take him to his family home and offer an apology.
Aya Al-Umari, whose brother was shot dead in the March 15 mosque attack, was shopping with her mother Janna Ezat at the Rangiora Farmers Branch when she was confronted by an older couple in an incident recorded on video.
Al-Umari, who was asked if he was “born and raised” in New Zealand, has since reported the incident to police.
A police spokesman confirmed today that they have received the report and are now conducting an investigation.
“The police take all reports of hate speech or behavior that cause concern for our community seriously,” the spokesman said.
“Hateful speech, violence or threatening behavior is unacceptable and should not be condoned by anyone, whether it occurs online or on the street.”
Now, the mayor of the Waimakariri region – the whitest district in the country, with 95.22 per cent of the population identifying as European, according to the 2013 Census – has contacted Al-Umari to express his disappointment over what he described as a “racist incident.”
“I have messaged Aya Al-Umari and her family to tell them how shocked I am that they were subjected to completely unacceptable behavior,” Mayor Waimakariri Dan Gordon said on his Facebook page.
“I can comfortably say Waimakariri is a friendly community and our citizens will be surprised to hear that they have been treated this way.”
Gordon added: “I have extended an invitation to welcome Aya Al-Umari back to our community and asked the families around my house to show them how welcome they are at Waimakariri and offer apologies.”
Al-Umari said he was touched by the mayor’s offer and felt overwhelmed by the support he was receiving.
“It really restores faith in humanity,” he said.
Al-Umari described the incident on social media two days ago, writing the trouble started when he and his mother were at the shop’s makeup counter, speaking in Arabic.
“We were standing at the lipstick counter. Since we were in a pandemic, Mum did the wise thing and tried the lipstick * on her clean hands * and then rubbed it on her lips,” said Al-Umari.
They then saw the couple beside them. “They are watching us,” said Al-Umari.
She heard the woman say to her husband “she can’t do that”.
Al-Umari asked the woman if she wanted to say something directly to them.
“She pretended not to hear me and then said to her husband, ‘It’s okay, it won’t be long before they leave our country’.”
He then has to decide whether to ignore it or call the woman on his comments, Al-Umari said.
“I asked him what the problem was and he said if we were in Europe we would be fined, which is strange because how else do we have to test it?
“He then asked if I was born and raised in New Zealand and I decided to start recording.”
His older brother, Hussein Al-Umari, 35, lost his life at the Al Noor Mosque on March 15 last year.
“If it happened before my brother died, I would probably remain silent but the hatred is increasing, it needs to stop because we have seen what happens otherwise.”
Al-Umari took to social media after the incident telling the story of what happened together by posting a video he had taken.
All the love and support they receive has not been replaced by hatred, he told the Herald.
“It’s a little over the top, we’ve received lots of messages of support. It’s great to see it.
“It restores your faith in humanity.”
A passerby at the shop told the woman that she should be ashamed of herself.
“It’s wonderful to see other people calling him too.”
Al-Umari said he was happy with the situation handled by the farmer staff.
“They escorted the man out of the shop and the woman immediately opened the gap after that.
“Looks like he’s in denial. As soon as he was summoned, he ran away.”
He felt sorry for the woman “because of her ignorance”, said Al-Umari.
“I was more upset about how it would make my mother feel because I didn’t want her to get angry.
“Over the past year, my personal resilience has reached its peak and this is just one more thing we have to endure.”
Al-Umari said he would encourage anyone who was an observer in a similar situation to “call it out”.
A staff member at the Farmers shop in Rangiora told the Herald they had been instructed not to comment to the media but said the staff member seen in the video had done “a very good job”.
Due to a shortage of faculty members and issues related to affiliation, about 45 percent of college degrees in the Karachi region do not have the capacity to organize degree classes for undergraduate students, said statistics available with The News.
Despite the fact that all public universities, including those for girls and boys, are awarded government titles, most of them do not actually offer degree programs.
Currently, around 138 government-level colleges are functioning in Karachi, of which 62 colleges cannot offer degree classes to students. The majority of such colleges are located in the suburbs of Karachi, including Orangi City, SITE, New Karachi, Sujrani City, Baldia City, Korangi and Malir. Although in some of these areas the department of higher education has established more than three colleges, unfortunately they do not function according to the standard.
In addition, the data shows that 20 percent of these 62 tertiary institutions can hardly offer Intermediate classes. Such colleges only have two or three teachers, even though they are college degrees.
According to the college academic community, the main hurdle in making the college fully functional with the teaching of all disciplines, including the humanities, science, commerce, physical education and others, is the unequal hiring of teachers in universities.
Whereas in some universities some teachers are available for one subject, others do not have teachers even for compulsory subjects. However, government officials are of the view that one of the reasons behind teacherless colleges in suburban areas is that existing teaching staff are unwilling to join colleges that are far from their homes. The officials agreed that if a high-ranking official such as a departmental secretary directly assigned teachers based on need throughout the city, such a problem would be resolved in no time.
Commenting on the matter, Sindh Professors and Lecturers Association spokesperson, Azizullah Memon, said the colleges had faced financial problems and most of them could not get affiliations for undergraduate programs from universities because they could not pay the affiliate fee which ranges up to Rs1 million. He added that getting affiliations from universities was a very long process.
“Affiliate fees are one of the main concerns because colleges cannot generate budgets from their own sources. Also, the shortage of subject specialists and teachers creates obstacles in the affiliation process. “
Memon said that this situation has affected female students mainly because they prefer to attend colleges which are located near their homes. She regretted that many parents of female students living in suburban areas do not allow them to attend university while colleges near where they live do not offer undergraduate programs.
He suggested that colleges should be allowed to generate funds using their own resources so that they could start degree classes without relying on government funding. He said that according to the document, currently, there are no secondary colleges in Karachi because all colleges are actually college degrees.
According to Memon, if all of these colleges started offering degree programs, students from the lower and middle income classes who could not afford the transportation costs and university fees would gain access to higher education without paying too much.
Meanwhile, the Regional Director of Higher Education, Prof. Dr. Hafiz Abdul Bari Indher, admitted that he was very aware of this. “The directorate of higher education in the Karachi region recently transferred teachers to colleges that lack faculty members,” he stressed.
He added that the department had also asked the college leadership to have its institute affiliated with the university. He said, if there is a university that needs assistance in this case, the department will provide assistance. He, however, could not explain about the 20 percent of the colleges that had difficulty managing Intermediate classes.