Tag Archives: office

Geo-Jang Group headquarters was attacked by protesters in Karachi | Instant News


KARACHI: Geo and Jang Media Group headquarters here were attacked on Sunday by protesters.

The crowd broke down the entrance gate installed at the building’s entrance and the main entrance of the building. Staff inside the building were also violently attacked and pushed, according to Geo News.

According to Geo Karachi Bureau chief Faheem Siddiqui, the protesters attacked the building “under a complicated plot”. He said the protests had been announced beforehand but “no law enforcement officers were present”.

Protesters were reportedly outraged by a video from the Geo News program on social media, an edited version of which has gone viral, said Siddiqui. “What you see on social media is not what is said at the event,” he said, adding that Geo News had also aired clarifications and apologies at the same event. “What remains to be known is who these protesters are,” he added.

Announcer Irshad Bhatti of the television show “Khabarnaak” clarified that his show is one of comedy and satire and “Sindh and Sindhi are as part of his identity as any other province.” Ladies and gentleman, welcome. I want to state here, that in the last one or two performances, our brothers from Sindh, who on the one hand showed us a lot of appreciation and gave us a lot of love, on the other hand, raised objections to a sentence or two.

“I want to tell everyone that this is a satire and comedy program, and the way Punjab, KP, Balochistan, GB, Azad Kashmir is loved by me, Sindh and Sindhis is part of my identity. My life is dedicated to Sindh and Sindhis, ”he said.

Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah arrived at the scene and proceeded to resolve the issue by speaking to the protesters. He has previously also appeared on the air to express solidarity with media groups.

When asked why the police did not act immediately, Shah said he strongly condemns such violence. “I spoke to the SSP and I was told the protest was going from the Shaheen Complex to the Press Club, but they are coming here.”

He says everyone has the right to protest but no one has the right to harm anyone. “Action will be taken against whoever takes over the law.”

The Information Minister said Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah had also ordered “firm action” to be taken against all those found involved.

Federal Information Minister Shibli Faraz, speaking to Geo News, said violence was unacceptable under any circumstances. “If someone has a complaint or objection, they always have the option of making a formal protest […] I’ve found that the issue relates to shows where some light humor is shown.

“The direct responsibility is the Sindh government […] why aren’t there any security forces available? “He asked.

Karachi Press Club (KPC) President Fazil Jamili expressed his grief at the attack and condemned the move. “Every opinion expressed by an analyst is his own and does not constitute an opinion of the media. And if any announcer’s words hurt someone […] I see Geo News has aired an apology too. After that, this problem must be resolved.

“But to create trouble and use it to drive a campaign against Geo, bring mobs to offices and destroy buildings, attack staff, is completely unacceptable. “The Press Club strongly condemns this incident and we are investigating ourselves which elements were behind the attack, which targeted such major media,” he said.

Jamili said the Sindh government had to ensure a transparent investigation and regretted that the police were unable to prevent such an increase in violence. “The crowd is still outside the office. I would say the police have to come and arrest them, ”he added.

Sindh governor Imran Ismail said it was an unfortunate incident that had occurred and expressed his sympathy. “We have to understand people’s sensitivity when broadcasting something on our channel. Something happened that hurt people’s sentiment. To my knowledge, Geo apologized and clarified so that this matter should just be left alone.

“They can protest peacefully with banners, but violence can never be supported. So to all those protesting outside, I ask: Please accept Geo’s apologies and clarifications. I’m sorry no matter what. This is completely at odds with the hospitality and love for people who are an integral part of Sindh values ​​and culture, ”said Imran.

Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed condemned the attack on the Geo News building and called it an “act of cowardice”.

“The government completely believes in freedom of the press,” said Rasheed, adding: “I hope the Sindh government will ensure the safety of Jang Geo’s office.” He said his ministry would provide all possible support.

Science and Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry also condemned the attack and demanded that the police take action against those responsible. “Fighting doesn’t mean you round up 200-400 people and attack somewhere,” he said.

PML-N spokesman Marriyum Aurangzeb, condemned the incident, saying that it had to be investigated in a transparent and impartial manner. “We express our solidarity with Geo News,” he said.

PPP MPA Awais Qadir Shah said that the attack was carried out under the pretext of protest. “This is a very unfortunate incident that can no longer be condemned,” he said. Shah said that the Peoples Party supports freedom of expression and a fair investigation into the incident.

.



image source

Criminals attack a private news outlet in Karachi | Instant News


KARACHI: Unidentified criminals on Sunday attacked a private news channel on II Chundrigar Road in the city, ransacked the building and threatened staff, ARY NEWS reported.

According to the details, a mob led by someone named Mushtaq Sarki attacked the Geo News agency and fought with the guards who installed the news channel.


Mushtaq Sarki who led the masses had been wanted by the authorities in various cases and had been detained prior to this hooliganism.

Special Assistant to PM for Political Communications Dr Shahbaz, Gill, Chief Minister of Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah and several others condemned the attack on the news channel and called for an investigation into the matter and action against those involved in the attack on the media house.

Shahbaz Gill said he hoped the police would immediately take action against the incident and take firm action against those involved in the incident.

Read more: MQM workers attack ARY News offices in Karachi

CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah has also requested detailed information from the police regarding the incident and said that those involved in it will not survive. “We have fought our entire life for media freedom and will not allow anyone to pressure free speech,” she says.

Comment

comment

.



image source

The new SSRL office is inaugurated | Instant News


KARACHI: The Thar Coal Block-1 project, which is an important part of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), is making rapid progress despite many obstacles, a top official said on Monday.

At the office relocation ceremony for Sino Sindh Resources Private Limited (SSRL), Li Jigen, chief operating officer of SSRL, a subsidiary of Shanghai Electric, said that despite the Covid-19 pandemic and other constraints, mega projects in Thar have been on the rise. speed in recent times.

Tariq Shah, Sindh Energy Secretary, Meng Donghai, CEO of Thar Coal Block-1 Power Generation Co and Li Jigen, inaugurate SSRL’s new office on The Harbor Front. Shah praised the progress made in the Thar Block-1 project, which comprises an open coal mine of 7.8 million tonnes per year (Mtpa) and a 1.3GW ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plant installation. Nearly 40 percent of the work related to coal mining has been completed, while construction work is also ongoing on the power plant.

.



image source

Guest Editorial: Feeding During a Pandemic | Columnist | Instant News


It has been almost a full year since the COVID-19 pandemic stopped the world on track. The questions that haunted our country before the pandemic intensified last March:

“Will my business survive?”

“Will I keep my job?”

“How am I going to put food on the table?”

As unemployment and poverty rates continue to rise, more than 9.9 million Americans could become food insecure in addition to the 37 million who already face insecurity. Not only do these groups endure hunger, but they also face greater health risks from lack of dietary nutrients. This puts food insecurities at a disadvantage for protecting themselves from COVID-19 as the absence of nutrients leads to the inability of the body to fully combat the virus.

Unfortunately, the hardships wrought by the pandemic are not over. But as many continue to grapple with the consequences of these life-changing events, there is still hope to be shared. Not only the kindness of others and the new presidential administration’s commitment to fighting the virus, but through support systems, such as the Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, which exist with the sole purpose of providing assistance in times of dispute.

For those facing food insecurity: You are not alone. In a pre-pandemic world, SNAP helped 1.8 million individuals and families in Pennsylvania lead healthier lives. Now, SNAP continues to bring more relief, as some Pennsylvania residents who have never previously relied on SNAP find themselves in need.

.



image source

Switzerland- Study: airing ski gondola cabins reduces the risk of Covid-19 transmission | Instant News


(MENAFN – Swissinfo) The risk of catching the coronavirus on a 12-minute gondola ride is 100 times less than during a normal workday in a small office of two, according to a Swiss study.

This content is published February 1, 2021 – 17:14 February 1, 2021 – 17:14 EMPA / Keystone-SDA / sb

Scientists at the Swiss Federal Laboratory for Materials Science and Technology (EMPA) conducted an external link study at the Engelberg-Trübsee-Titlis ski resort in central Switzerland to risk airborne transmission of SARS-Cov-2 droplets on different ski lifts.

They found that closed windows, long journeys and large crowds increased the risk of contracting the virus in various sizes of cable cars and gondolas.

However, the risk of catching the virus during a 12-minute trip on a gondola with the windows open was a thousand times less than during a dinner with eight people in a room with closed windows, the EMPA study found.

Scientists used an air pressure sensor to measure airflow across three types of closed ski lifts: small 5m 3 gondola that can accommodate eight people, medium-sized elevator 40m 3 , and those larger than 50m 3 for 80 passengers.

More

More

Innovations in women’s health come in small doses

As awareness of the specific health needs of women grows, Swiss researchers and entrepreneurs are helping to overcome a history of neglect.

Tests found that, with the cab windows open, air was exchanged 138 times per hour in the smallest cabin, 180 times in the medium cabin and 42 times in the largest cabin. Poor ventilation is due to the fact that it has only a small skylight on the roof and no windows that open to the side.

This result is much better when compared to railroad cars, for example, where the air is renewed an average of 7-14 times per hour. In the office, this only happens twice per hour.

EMPA

When comparing three different ski lifts, the risk of catching the virus from other contaminated passengers was roughly the same, the study found. This is due to the fact that journeys by large cable cars are usually shorter than those of gondolas. However, with the windows closed, the risk increased considerably.

Swiss resorts remain open

Swiss ski resorts remain open this winter, unlike those in neighboring countries. The federal government announced in early December that ski areas were allowed to open but resorts would require a permit from the county government.

“The prerequisite is that the epidemiological situation is possible, and hospitals, contact tracing services and testing sites have sufficient capacity,” he said.

Bulletin

Sign up for our free newsletter and get headlines delivered to your inbox.

The federal government has not set a limit on the number of visitors allowed into the resort. But all closed ski transport, such as gondolas and trains, is limited to two-thirds of its capacity, and cantons have a duty to monitor compliance. In recent weeks, police have imposed limits on visitor numbers to some popular resorts and mountainous areas.

More

More

Coronavirus: the situation in Switzerland

This content is published on 1 Feb 2021 1 Feb 2021

The infection rate continues to slow in Switzerland. Vaccinations are being carried out across the country.

MENAFN01022021000210011054ID1101528754

Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.

.



image source