Tag Archives: often

Frequently asked questions after the Machh tragedy | Instant News


LAHORE: One of the most frequently asked questions attributed to Prime Minister Imran Khan after the Machh tragedy is his absence from the funeral since he became prime minister.

Is it a security issue or spiritual reasons that prevent Imran Khan from attending the funeral of even his close friends like Naeem-ul-Haque, his own cabinet member Ali Muhammad Mahr or one of Abdul Qadir’s favorite teammates and friends?

The Hazara community linked the burial of their deceased relative to Imran Khan’s arrival, but the PM refused to contact Quetta and send them a message that he would visit the victims as soon as they buried the bodies. And he reached Quetta as soon as the victims were buried. The past two and a half years of the prime minister’s tenure history shows that he was not present at the funeral even for members of his closest circle or part of his cabinet.

In May 2019, Ali Muhammad Mehr, serving as Federal Minister and part of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s cabinet, passed away but Imran did not attend his funeral. Later that same year, the legendary leg spinner and one of his former team mates Abdul Qadir passed away but Imran did not show up to attend his Janaza.

PM Imran Khan did not attend the Namaz-e-Janaza of his self-confident and decades-old friend, Naeem-ul-Haq. He visited the family the day after Naeem-ul-Haq’s burial.

In the most recent incident, when Imran Khan came under strong criticism from the opposition, social media users and mainstream media, Imran did not attend the funerals of the Hazara victims and promised their relatives that he would visit them after the burial.

.



image source

Australian doctors who live in New Zealand miss Christmas Kiwi after being refused boarding the flight home | Instant News


An Australian doctor based in Otago who flies frequently over Tasman has spent Christmas with her husband after he was denied entry to his flights.

Dr Deborah Mills, known as Dr Deb, just waved to her daughter at Brisbane International Airport on December 1 and left to check-in before being told she did not meet the criteria to return to New Zealand.

Dr Mills said after she and husband James Stewart first discovered the trench in late 2012, they both fell in love with New Zealand immediately.

In March 2014 they purchased a home in Careys Bay, Dunedin, and moved in December.

However, his travel drug business is in Australia and with Covid-19 he is starting to end it due to a lack of travel.

“I’m a travel medicine doctor, I give people immunizations when they go abroad to places like Africa and South America and I’m a specialist in infectious diseases, like dengue fever. [fever] and malaria.

“I went back to work for a few weeks and came back to New Zealand. There were no travel treatment opportunities in New Zealand, of course in the area where we are … so that’s why I’m commuting.”

She thought she had arranged everything she needed for the return trip back to Dunedin when she was shocked to be told by airline staff that she would not be boarding.

“I can’t believe it, like ‘is this really happening?’

“I was so stressed. I was just like ‘Oh my God, you can’t be serious?'”

He was finally able to speak to an Immigration spokesman on the phone who told him he was basing his decision on Mills’s travel history.

“I said ‘okay, I’m a fly-in fly-out worker, my travel history is not the full story, I have everything here, I’ve brought it to show you’ and he said he couldn’t see that and he had to hang up. now. “

Dr Deborah Mills took a photo at Brisbane Airport earlier this month just minutes before being told she would not be allowed to return to New Zealand for Christmas.
Dr Deborah Mills took a photo at Brisbane Airport earlier this month just minutes before being told she would not be allowed to return to New Zealand for Christmas.

Knowing she might be questioned, she brings with her fare information, driver’s license and checking account if Immigration officials want proof that she has lived in New Zealand.

On its website, Immigration NZ said it would base its decision on peak evidence, but Dr Mills was annoyed to be told they based their decision solely on his travel history.

“He based his decision on aviation history and [Immigration website] it says we will see your flight history and other things, but he is not seeing other things, he is looking only at my flight history. “

Dr Mills’s argument proved fruitless and he was rejected from the airport and remained in Brisbane.

“I was there for all of the quarantine, we got a message from Jacinda and we watched [Covid updates] every day and I feel this is so unfair, my house is there.

“[Husband is] there alone and we were completely crushed, so devastated. “

Her daughters also live in Australia but have made plans in other parts of the country to celebrate Christmas.

Luckily, Mills was able to spend Christmas with his mother, who lives in Brisbane.

Mills said he spoke up to highlight the issue because he believed he would not be the first to have this experience.

Dr Deborah Mills poses with her husband, James Stewart, and their three beloved dogs.  Photo / Provided
Dr Deborah Mills poses with her husband, James Stewart, and their three beloved dogs. Photo / Provided

He said rather than making an optional assessment, and leaving a number of unknowns of uncertainty for travelers, NZ Immigration should make it mandatory.

Fortunately, he had taken the bet last week and placed himself on Managed Isolation for February in the hopes that he would eventually get approval.

The approval came the same day the Herald raised questions on Mills’ behalf this week.

An INZ spokesman confirmed that Mills was denied boarding because INZ was “not satisfied he met the requirements to be considered an ordinary resident of New Zealand”.

“This is on the basis of his previous travel movements and that he is spending more time in Australia than in New Zealand.”

Subsequent Dr Mills visa applications for border exemptions were granted.

However, because Dr Mills had filed a formal complaint, INZ was unable to comment further.

The spokesman said in most cases people can provide supporting evidence that they normally stay in New Zealand when they travel.

“However, if there are circumstances where the status of their regular resident may not be clear, INZ strongly recommends that people submit an assessment request prior to their trip to New Zealand.

“Information about submitting an assessment request is available on the INZ website. There is no fee for this request for Australian citizens.”

.



image source

CEO of K-Electric apologizes to Karachi residents because electricity often goes out | Instant News



Chief Executive Officer (CEO) K-Electric (KE) Moonis Alvi apologized to the people of Karachi on Wednesday when he accepted that the city had witnessed the transfer of cargo, which, according to him, had happened more.

Ironically, this statement came after the Federal Minister for Planning, Development & Special Initiative Asad Umar during his recent visit to a metropolitan city to overcome the misery of power announced that the electricity company would not load loads without notice from Sunday onwards.

The reason for the release of load, according to the head of the EC, is the high demand of 3,560 megawatts (MW) and in their best case scenario, the electric utility, he said, generates 3,200 MW.

He was giving a speech at a press conference at the KE office to allay Karachi consumers’ concerns about the electricity supply situation and overcome misinformation around various power-related issues.

Alvi assured the Karachi people that the power plant would be upgraded in a few years. He added that in the next few days when the temperature would return, the release of the load would decrease.

If the government approves a new 700 MW power plant in 2016, he said, Karachi’s electricity supply would be better. “In 2016, the power plant project suffered a setback due to technical reasons,” he said, explaining that the electricity company was asked to focus on power plants using local coal variants, while the ‘system’ was designed for the use of imported coal.

“It takes two and a half to three years to establish a new power plant,” Alvi explained. Chief Financial Officer KE Aamir Ghaziani and Chief Distribution Officer (CDO) Amer Zia also spoke on the occasion.

Alvi spoke of the ambitious investment plan of KE which will spend $ 2 billion in the entire power value chain over the next three years, including the fired 900MW RLNG power plant as well as downstream transmission and increased distribution.

In addition, electricity utilities will invest in interconnection infrastructure with a view to evacuating additional power from national networks based on priorities, he said. The federal government has also committed to accelerating infrastructure improvements in the national network so that an additional power of 300MW can benefit Karachi in 2021, plus a further 400MW in 2022 and 800MW in 2023, he explained, adding that in this case, utility power has sought regulatory approval and the government needed, and following the same timely reception, EC would be in a position to realize large-scale power projects that would move Karachi to a position of electricity surplus.

Regarding the city’s current power supply situation, KE’s CEO appreciates the support of the federal government to streamline the supply of fuel which has created a huge pressure on generating units. He added that arrangements related to gas and oil had been discussed and an agreement had been reached with them with the ministry.

Depending on the appropriate gas pressure and ordinary fuel supply, KE power plants can be maximized, Alvi said. A technical error in a turbine from Bin Qasim Power Station (BQPS) -1 is also being corrected quickly with the team working around the clock, he added.

The CEO of KE said that since 2009, the electricity company has invested more than $ 2.4 billion in upgrading and adding electricity infrastructure, including 1,057 MW for its own generating capacity and 1,000 MW through power purchase agreements, building 13 grid stations and improving distribution systems through hundreds additional feeders and thousands of additional transformers.

According to Alvi, such measures have reduced transmission and distribution (T&D) losses from 36 percent to 19 percent, resulting in release of the release burden for 77 percent from Karachi including all industrial zones. He, however, also stated that the release of expenses was also in line with the 2013 Electricity Policy, in accordance with other countries and purely due to electricity theft.

Even in areas with very high power theft rates, hours of cumulative load release do not exceed eight hours, Alvi claims. He added that the load loading schedule was uploaded on the KE website every day and SMS was also sent to all customers registered with the electric utility’s 8119 SMS service.

He explained that sometimes mistakes, tripping incidents or blackouts due to emergency complaints could occur due to weather or environmental conditions and were corrected based on priorities even in the background of the COVID-19 pandemic which had created labor challenges. Load management is only needed when generating capacity is compromised or demand exceeds supply due to high temperature and humidity and uncertain electricity supply from IPP, he said.

Alvi said that the current situation was unprecedented and in an effort to provide assistance to residential customers during the late night, EC had managed the burden through releasing industrial burdens despite the fact that it had a negative impact on the company’s financial health and profitability.

He also clarified what he said were some of the misconceptions that apply to KE billing, highlighting that power tariffs were set for all DISCOs by the National Electricity Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) and KE could not make any modifications to it.

He also stated that the KE meter was manufactured according to international standards and was purchased from the same supplier as all other DISCOs. He also rejected the impression that electric utilities were not utilizing their generation in furnace oil to reduce costs. On the contrary, he said, fuel costs were bypassed according to the Nepra-approved mechanism and therefore there was no difference to the KE what fuel was used to produce power.

Alvi believes that the forthcoming EC power plant is efficient and will use cheap fuels that will make power more affordable and reduce the impact on the national treasurer. “Our first focus now is to overcome the challenges of the next monsoon which includes the problem of flooding and urban drainage. We are working with all authorities in the interest of public safety and we ask for the support of our friends in the media fraternity to further spread the message related to public health and safety, “said CEO KE.

.



image source

The Alton Spouse Shares a Look in Service and Business in Italy During the Coronavirus Crisis | Instant News




Alton Spouse Shares Look in Services and Businesses in Italy During the Coronavirus Crisis | RiverBender.com





















.



image source